ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ya I guess that's wishful thinking on my part. How about La'ell Collins and a pick?

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The guy who once famously said he loves the game so much he would "die on the field" is now refusing to play because someone on instagram suggested he may have to wait a little longer to get a new contract.

jonnyd, PabloJa, mattyd99 and 5 others like this.
  3. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I'm warming to the idea of trading him to the Lions. Let him play for the fat bearded rapist as punishment for being such a whiny cunt.

kjw21, jetstopgun and RochesterJet like this.
  4. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

This guy wants to be the highest defensive player and north of 20 million?!!!

Goodbye!

Jake and jetstopgun like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I definitely agree, but think that works two ways. Teams also need to honor contracts. Why should it be all one-sided? If a team signs a player to a contract, they should honor that contract and pay the player even if they cut them. I also think standard NFL contract language should be that new contracts cannot be given to players until there is only one year left on their present deal. That would stop players from expecting to get a new contract after a year or two of their contract is past and they start looking for more money.

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Rams (to Jags) and Texans (to Dolphins) don't have first round picks, so that rules them out as trade partners.

I'd love to see Jamal in Jacksonville teal.

7. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

a decent starter and a 1st I bet is the value....or a 1 and a 3 or 4.

8. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I almost went out & purchased a Jamal jersey, i decided to hold off after Adams started wining about the call JD took from other teams at the trade deadline, Jamal is taking things too personal this is the business end of the NFL...love it or leave it. I saw the writing on the wall. Now I'm waiting for Mims to get his # to purchase a Mims jersey. I feel for all the fans that own #33 jersey. He's making it hard to wear his # these days. Hopefully the day will come when you'll all be proud to wear his jersey once again. I truly want Adams to be a Jet for life, but 20+mil per year is a hard pill to swallow for a SS. JD isn't going to get bullied by a player. Jamal is a great player, but not as great AS HE thinks he is. I hope we can find a common ground when the time comes & JD is ready to extend him in 2021.

9. NCJetsfan

I hear you and agree to some extent, but it's a no-win situation for JD. If JD does as you suggest, Adams goes on to a HOF career with that other team, and doesn't get adequate value in return at the time of the trade, JD will get raped by the media for not getting value and just giving Adams away, and then he'll also hear about how he traded a HOF for bubkis for the rest of his life. Either way, he and the team loses. IMO at that point is where your GM has to professional and not vindictive. He either has to tell Adams agent that Adams is not going to be traded and that if he doesn't shut up on social media he will start getting fined, or trade him for the best deal he can get. He also has to do it in his own time and own way, so the player isn't seen as having won, and so it doesn't wreck the culture that he is trying to instill. If I were JD, I'd definitely tell Adams' agent that he better talk with his client and keep him off social media. If he did that, kept quiet on social media, and still played hard, I might overlook his immaturity and offer him a new contract during the offseason before the final year of his rookie contract. If he didn't keep quiet on social media, I'd fine the hell out of him and keep him here until either the offseason before the final year of his contract or until the trade deadline of his last season, then I'd ship his ass out.

onefanjet likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Dolphins fans like "I've seen this movie play out before"...

11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Jets seem willing to pay him just not this year, right? So just wait it out. Adams has no leverage. We're not going far this season anyway it's all about progress and Darnold proving he's the real deal. Adams will show up sooner or later then pay him next year. He can't force his way somewhere else.

NYJFOREVER, MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

IMO a 1 and a 3 or 4 is not enough.

BudJet likes this.
  13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

That sounds all good and well but I think it's past the point of return. Adams has shown a chronic pattern of immaturity through social media posts, outbursts, and so on for years now. I would love to keep the guy, we need to start keeping our star players in house at some point. It's kinda comical and so sad at the same time. However I'm not as upset as I'd normally be losing our current best player because he plays a position that's not in the top 5 of importance position wise IMO. Hopefully Davis works out and we can always fill that role with a solid player, doesn't need to be All Pro. The bigger picture is we can get hopefully two high draft picks (a 1 and a 3) or a solid starter and a high draft pick at more important positions like Pass rusher and WR. Both bigger areas of need currently too. The longer this shit drags on and the more Jets brass condones his outbursts the uglier it will get. It will also turn off other suitors more in terms of trade capital they're willing to give back in return. I just look as recently as the Le'Veon Bell situation with the Steelers where he walked and they got nothing at all. That would be a nightmare scenario for the Jets.

14. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Just remember that if contracts had to be guaranteed, the length of those contracts and the numbers in them would look a whole lot different than they do now.

FJF likes this.
  15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha i just noticed the idiotic title. our fanbase has so man cornballs in it.

16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I don't think it has anything to do with being vindictive, nor with whether the player or the team "won". It has everything to do with making sure this situation has either no impact or a positive impact on the franchise's current and future relationship with the other players on the team.

If the GM is a professional, he won't worry about the impact of this one situation with the media or his legacy. If he sets the franchise up with no leverage going forward--that will be his legacy.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You are right ..not paying Adams , who is turning into another Mevi$ could go a long way paying new players

But you could get 2 Busts.. theoretically it's a 60 percent or more chance your first rounder makes an immediate impact but what if they don't?

My gut says they will let Jamal walk..btw does Eddie Jackson play for KC New Orleans or any deep playoff team? Then his contract would make sense

18. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

This!!

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Mangos are .99 each at Hannaford's this week! If you forget your own bag but go through the cashier and not self check out, they won't charge you for the bag! They gave me plastic! I was surprised! :mad:

EDIT: These are on sale 3 for a $1! :mad::mad::mad:

#319 jetophile, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more..and was thinking the same thing. F him and all the other malcontents who sign contracts and after a year or two want to renego... this is a perfect scenario.... You listening JD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.