ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm torn on that. I'm with you, I'd be pretty pissed if they traded Jamal to any of the teams on his "wishlist" (what a douche), but at the same time, teams going all in for a title often are willing to give up too much for a luxury position like safety and there are more than a few teams like that on Jamal's list.

Houston is on his list for example and given their idiotic trades lately, I'd give them a call and try to fleece them

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I feel the exact same way. It is unfortunate. I don't like distractions or negativity, but Jamal brought this on himself. I don't want to hurt the Jets either, and losing an All-Pro for nothing certainly will, but I don't think it is right to cave in to his unprofessional, embarrassing, pathetic and as selfish as humanly possible handling of this situation. You would honestly think he has carried the Jets to 2 Super Bowl titles and he has won Defensive MVP 2 times with the way he acts. Instead, the Jets have won 5 games, 4 games, and 7 games with him on the roster.

I don't see how any Jets fan can like how he has acted. He looks down on the Jets. He thinks they are losers and he is too good for them. This isn't new either. He has acted this way for awhile and it has truly been off-putting. Players like Sam Darnold and GM's like Joe Douglas understand the struggle and want to build a winner. Jamal (thinking he is a winner) is actually a pathetic loser for trying to jump ship and just skip all the steps and instantly go to a winner. His mind baffles me.

SOJAZ, KurtTheJetsFan, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Here my take. The money isn't an issue any year except next year. 15 million is about 7.5% of the cap. Really not that big of a deal. Except the Covid may mess the cap up. We have to wait an see on that. Which is what Douglas is trying to do. If he holds out under the new CBA he loses money. Basically they tried to do away with the holdout. So he can sit at home and lose his money. It doesn't matter how long he holds out we have him for 3 more years with the franchise tag. So he can play, or sit for free and just take up a roster spot (we have 2 extra this year). Then no one will want to pay him money cause he sit for a year or more. Good luck to him on that. Fact is JD holds all the cards and if a team wants him they have to match our demands.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Wait until he gets to his new team & he has no GW as his coach :mad:

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You'd like to think that the Jets would learn from contract mistakes like Santonio Holmes (TEAM CAPTAIN!), Mark Sanchez, pregnant Muhummad Wilkerson, and Trumaine Johnson as far as far as varying degrees of unearned disastrous contracts. That's really all that concerns me at this juncture. If Joe Douglas doesn't cave to Jamal's imaginary ransom demands, I take that as a good sign.

The Jets have always had this penchant for letting guys walk that they shouldn't have allowed to walk and overpaying schmucks. Time to get it right, please.

I never watched 'NYPD Blue' but does anyone remember when David Caruso got all kinds of self-important about how much money he should get per episode? Well, they told him to go fck himself after he tried to hold them hostage for unheard of ridiculous $. Who needs you, anyway! I'm a great actor! I'm going to pursue a movie career! How did 'Jade' work out?

He came slinking back to TV to do 'NCIS: Miami'. It would behoove Jamal Adams not to pull a David Caruso. I'm just sayin'.

EDIT: *as far as far as, tttttthat's all folks! Jets gonna Jet, brain gonna brain. I'm leavin' it.

#285 jetophile, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  6. championjets69

Do U really truly want a unhappy player in your L/room?:mad:

7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Sounds like Marone in Jacksonville. If we make a deal & get a #1 from them, it could be a top 5 pick...sounds good to me.

SOJAZ, RochesterJet and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

He won't be in the locker room if he holds out. He will be sitting at home on a couch getting paid nothing. If he wants money he will step up and shut up. Big difference. See if he wants money from another team he still has to play well for us. Also if he becomes a bad locker room presence that gives more reason for his next team to pay him less. That's the thing. JD can call his bluff. All Adams is doing is making himself look bad.:mad:

9. championjets69

My gosh U cannot say U do not understand what I posted so I say adios to U :mad:

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Highest paid safety? Absolutely worthy. Among the highest paid DEFENDERS? Yea, eat shit.

11. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Jersey curse? I've been a Jets fan since 1968 and the first jerseys I purchased were Revis then Sanchez in 2009.

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Trade the whiny bitch. Trade him to some shit tier team like the Lions or Bears where his career will waste.

For Christ's sake! He said he didn't want to be traded. The GM turned down a trade for him. He got what he wanted. Why is he being such a crybaby bitch about it?

#292 Greenday4537, Jun 19, 2020
    James Hasty and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yes, J$m$l has served notice on the NFL that he is a whining baby and always will be.

14. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I think he will look great in a Bears uniform.

Happy to roll with Maye and the rookie.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Dilemma as I see it: JA is nauseating and whiny vs he is a very good player

Plus, Lets say you get a couple of First Rnd picks for him>>>how do we know they will work out??

With Adams otoh hes a known commodity

I would put our most reasonable offer on the table but backloaded with heavy incentives and he can get his $ if he plays well..if he balks then so long. One Safety doesn't get you in the SB smh

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I am glad you asked

FJF likes this.
  17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Highest paid safety right now is Eddie Jackson. Supposed to get paid $14.6 million this year. #1 draft pick from this year got a signing bonus of $23.9 million but is only making $3.025 million per year his rookie contract. Even averaged out, that's $9 million per year. For $14.6 million a year, we could pay 2 first rounders.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Just some random thoughts:

1. As a fan, this is like standing at an intersection and watching two speeding cars on a collision course. You know it's going to be bad, but there's not a damned thing you can do about it.

2. To those who say wait it out, there's a potential downside. If this stalemate continues and gets as nasty as it could get, how much does that diminish Adams' trade value? A lot of teams would give up good value for a player of Adams' talent, but will they do so if it becomes clearer that he's a problem child and likely to continue to be one.

3. If he got the contract from the Jets that he wants, what's the over and under on how long before he demanded to re-negotiate?

4. How much do teams check out a player's personality before spending a high draft pick on him? Do they find red flags and simply ignore them because of his talent and the delusion that they can keep him under control? Or is it a situation where a talented player gets some money and acclaim and let's it go to his head?

Br4d, SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Since we drafted Ashtyn Davis and have Marcus Maye (could be moved to SS and may be a better SS then FS anyways) and who is still on his rookie deal...Id rather say FUCK YOU Jamal and re-up with MM.

Let someone else get the money while you hold out at home. Oh and BTW, try that shit again in 2021 because the JETS exercised his 5th year in April.
    So two years of holding out and not playing...I DONT BUY IT.

Like I said in an earlier post. Act like a shit head and get treated like one. I'd make an example of this guy.
    A SS IS REPLACABLE and that replacement is already on the team

#299 RochesterJet, Jun 19, 2020
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Jamal wants out, a precondition should be that he return - in full, plus sales tax - the cost of all jerseys bought with his name on it.

themorey and Since1969 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.