ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At this point it’s addition by subtraction. We lost w him & can lose w.o him.Last thing team needs is to tie up 18m a yr in a safety.The only thing worse than a bad teammate is a bad teammate thats considered to be a team leader

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Because if you sit him for a year then his trade value will be even less, if he wants out, fuck him, let him go but let him go for what you consider his value and right now that is at least a 1st, 2nd and something else on top.

Alternatively, keep him by paying him and at the start of year 3 on his new deal he will be sitting at home holding out for more cash, he is exactly that type, he is still on his rookie deal and surely he understands that game, it is alright him mentioning Mahomes but he isn't causing a stink and his next deal will dwarf anything Adams will get but nothing coming from that direction.

He has always been a gobby cunt and it is getting worse season after season.

Trade him asap for the right picks.

SOJAZ and boozer32 like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Let him change his name to Gase and see if the curse lucks out again :rolleyes:

Cman68 likes this.
  4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Wait till Jamal finds out it was DC Williams scheme that makes him great. He's real good but Williams made him great.

5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I say offer him to the Redskins, Bears, or Lions for a 1st.

It will be a high 1st, and he will be far away in NFC land, and playing for a real winning franchise, like he wants.

And I suspect nobody else will ask to be traded.

6. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Mentioning Mahomes is an absolute joke. Mahomes is a generational talent at the most important position in the game and has already LED his team to a super bowl victory. Adams is a really good safety. Big difference.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You added three players that are way past their prime, and still matched that 6.5 sack total despite primarily playing a situational role.

I don't think anyone thinks Adams is a bad player or can't help this team. But malcontents get traded. Terrell Owens is one of the best receivers of all time and he got moved everytime he opened his mouth at an uncontrollable rate.

It's just how it works. The Jets botched the entire Revis situation by giving in the first time after a hold out, on a team that was poised for a SB run (even though we found out better that we weren't ready with Sanchez).

We need to not make the same mistake twice. Don't appease and pay the playing that is acting in the same fashion.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That's bullshit. He was 2nd team All Pro in his second year before Williams got here.

twown likes this.
  9. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

I was firmly in the not-trading-him camp when the news first surfaced about Douglas listening to offers to trade him. I stayed in that opinion even after his initial over the top reaction to it, thinking he is mature and smart enough to get over it and understand Douglas' side of it. But after a while, after every post to the social media seems to be some negative shit after another, he has tired me down and now I say trade him away. I still think same as others here that he is a really good player and that this really should've been dealt with way differently than it has, behind closed doors. Going public with this, whoever it was who leaked it (Adams' camp probably), harmed the Jets' chances of getting full value in trading him. Timing of this really sucks also, this should've happened before the draft.

And my jersey curse strikes again :D It's happened with my Premier League team and it has followed across the sea to the NFL. 'Bell' jersey seems to be a miss unless his play behind upgraded OL gets better and 'Adams' I think will now gather dust on the shelf (writing this with my 'Darnold' jersey on, sorry guys, probably not our FQB :D).

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ha, no; 2 years of Catholic School (1st & 2nd grade - that's how long I lasted). It's always theatre and amongst and I lapse into the word behaviour when writing sometimes, but never advertise. Heh. I reckon it was The Queens English, and it stuck. Oh, and it will also always be manoeuvre, can't shake that one.

The nuns never taught us the tenses of to shit, but shat just works. Tell you a funny story (all of my stories are true). That memory of mine, it was the first grade and we were learning contractions. Do not = don't, should not = shouldn't, would not = wouldn't, shall not = shan't.

So Sister Evil asks what's the contraction of will not? A girl in my class raised her hand, quite proud of herself, and said, "Willn't." Needless to say the class laughed and Sister Evil mocked her for her "stupidity". "Don't call her stupid. That's mean. And it makes perfect sense."

Banished to the hallway. Again. Don't worry, Sheila, you weren't stupid then and you're not stupid now. It was probably pretty close to willn't (wooln't or some shit like it) in the 15th fucking century. And I stand by assertion, Sister Evil, that it was a perfectly logical conclusion to draw. The English language is impossible.

So anyway, have the Jets kicked Jamal Adams in his ass yet? No? OK, I'll check back later.

K'OB likes this.
  11. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

They aren't getting half this

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't trust Douglas. I was calling for us to trade Jamal last season, but Douglas didn't.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Why would the Jets ever trade Adams to any of the teams he listed?

The move has always been to trade these types of players out of the conference, to a mid to low tier team.

I'm sure Douglas will handle this without emotion and get the best value if the time comes.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, themorey and 2 others like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Probably because Douglas didn't think Jamal and his camp would turn into a bunch of whiny divas. Not trading Jamal at the deadline was the correct move at the time, Douglas should catch no heat for it whatsoever. He's played this correctly, it's Adams who hasn't.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, Brook! and 5 others like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

They were a bunch of whiny divas before the deadline, why would Douglas ever expect that to change?

16. HomeoftheJets

Gotta find a GM on the hot seat who needs to win now to save his job and doesn't care about future draft picks for that reason.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so is everyone finding their inner jerome from manhattan and screaming "GET HIM OUTTA HEEYAHHH!!!!!" yes.... indeed

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The real question is he worth 14M per year :mad:

19. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

The only way to deal with a rouge child is to treat them like one.
    Sorry Jamal, the contract you signed IS your deal. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have signed it...but you did right?

Furthermore, please hold out, we drafted your replacement and will give your extension money to Marcus Maye. You will not get paid and will not accrue a year towards FA. We will also exercise your option for 2021...hold out again please!

That's 2 years- I say make an example of this asshole...probably learns to shut his mouth then...We can also franchise him in 2022...get your new deal in 2023 you jerk....

I'd gladly do that and take a 3rd round comp in 2024 just to see him rot

SOJAZ, jetstopgun, Brook! and 5 others like this.
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

How rude of him not to answer the phone in the first place.o_O

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.