ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I can't stop thinking about how fuckin inconsiderate and immature these guys sometimes are.

Jamal Adams is 24 years old. Yes, he's young, but he's not young enough to be such a fuckin moron.

You are an NFL athlete who is so lucky to play a sport for a living making millions of dollars. You have a hall of fame level talent and will make millions upon millions throughout your career. Why is it so fuckin hard to shut your mouth and keep your head in the grind? If you have a dissatisfaction with your employer, voice it face to face with your employer. Don't post bullshit on social medial like a little girl and then request a trade because you haven't got what you wanted.

This shit really bothers me. Adams is one hell of a football player, but he really lost all of my respect with this act

NCJetsfan, Since1969, MJK and 3 others like this.
  2. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Adams is going to be one of those guys who will be a pain in the ass wherever he goes. Despite his talent, he'll be a journeyman as he'll tire of his team every couple of years and vice versa.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Sign of the times. It's the new world we live in. It is indeed disgraceful.

NCJetsfan and BleedingGreen55 like this.
  4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Adams definitely will be high maintenance wherever he ends up. Just that type of player and person. Get some sort of value now for him while we still can.

5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

The introduction of social media has caused a decline in the ability to function as a normal human being. I totally agree that pay needs to be between the player, his agent, and management. There is no need to air your dirty laundry, especially considering a lot of Americans are out of work, and many are not even receiving long overdue unemployment checks.

However the majority of NFL contracts are not guaranteed. Should Adams be looking for long term? Absolutely. Should his bitching be on social media? Absolutely not. Personally I hope that he can be signed, and mature in life. He is a top tier player.

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

How many safeties EVER led there team to a sB? :mad:

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I strongly believed that trading Adams was a horrible idea but now that he has announced that he wants out I say trade him to the highest bidder.

The only thing that would upset me at this point is if we do not get something close to fair value.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott, and Troy Palamalu say yes.

9. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I would love to send him to a rebuilding team. Get a great pick and make him lose some more. Not that a rebuilding team would have a reason to trade for a highly paid safety but still.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That last sentence is how a lot of us feel IMO. Everyone realizes how great of a player he is and how great of a career he WILL have, but crying and whining on Twitter is killing his "luv" between him and the fans. It's a shame because I would absolutely love for him to be in the Green & White for life, but it is really getting hard to be a fan of him when he is all about ME ME ME. The money WILL come. It isn't the right time now. Not sure how he can't grasp that.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

gOOD players but what did they do to lead there team to a SB? :mad:

12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Fundamentally, when a player demands a trade, I think the right thing to do is to trade him to the worst possible team.

If you let him hang around or hold out, he just becomes a black cloud over the whole organization, and drags down every player and every coach. The longer it drags on, the more energy it drains out of the whole team.

If you trade him to a good team, you are likely to get a better return, because good teams have more assets available for trade. However, putting an unhappy player in a better situation just makes every other talented player on your roster want to get traded to a better team. Giving him a great new contract has the same effect on your other talent. Both destroy the team's leverage.

But if you trade him to a terrible team (ideally, even more terrible than his current team), even if you don't get full value, you avoid the dark cloud, and your remaining talent becomes grateful for where they're at, rather than wishing they were somewhere else.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This post hurts my feelings.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What a waste of words when cunt is only four letters.

15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Too bad that Jamal is so very immature. While I am all for NFL player's getting as much money as they can because their window to earn is so small, but there is certainly a much better way to go about this. He's got to go. If they do sign/extend him it will be a bandaid until the moment he decides to relive these antics again in the very near future, AND his personality is definitely going to be toxic to the team if they play hard ball and don't extend him - JA is another reason the draft is such a crapshoot. It's hard enough finding top shelf talent, let alone Pro Bowl talent, HOF talent even harder - Mac lucks into a supremely talented player, but the head attached to the body is the problem...

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

More like Jamal Wahhh-dams right guys

17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

To be fair, Polomalu's pick six in the 2008 AFC Championship sent the Steelers to SB XLIII. But he didn't carry the team on his shoulders. He was clearly one of the prime reasons for the Steelers success that year, but the Steelers had an amazing defense in general with Polomalu, Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, Taylor, and Clark, so that wasn't all on the SS position.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He says he's willing to be traded to a team without having to get a new contract right away. That helps the Jets a little with value in return, Douglas should be asking for a lot

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

But I say no. The Jets would be fools to trade him like they were when they got rid of numerous other players such as Keyshawn, Abraham, Santana Moss and Revis. Adams is a unique talent at safety. Okay, he may not be the greatest cover guy, but he is stout against the run and he is a major talent in his ability to get to the QB, a skill set the Jets are sorely lacking. His 6.5 sacks are the highest by far of all NFL DB's last year and is only 1.5 sacks short of the NFL record for a safety. The following "notable" pass rushers recorded an equal or less number of sacks last season: Terrell Suggs, Calais Campbell, MIchael Bennett, DeMarcus Lawrence and Jadaveon Clowney. If Greg Williams is not an idiot, he will deploy Adams to maximize his pass rushing talent like he did last year even more, and the numbers will only improve. What Adams' complaining amounts to is what is known as the business side of football. Players know they are an injury away from the end of their career and want to get paid the most money while they are effective and healthy. In salary negotiations, it's one player (and his agent) vs. billionaire owners, so it's understandable they will use whatever leverage they can. I believe Adams will eventually be mentioned along with the above names as one of the greatest safeties of all time. Looking at Schefter's list of interested teams, winners all, they know talent when they see it.

BleedingGreen55 likes this.
  20. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I'm just tired of Jamal's act. Jets have no need to extend him at this time. They have him this year and an option for next year. Just STFU.

FJF and phubbadaman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.