ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

He's a melodramatic baby

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams is Ray Lewis in a safeties body.

The passion, work ethic, leadership, insane ability, relentlessness.

The total package. A rare, rare player.

If this GM trades him away after losing Robby this look like a total tear down rebuild to me. Can't trade away Adams then try to sell that you're trying to compete I wouldn't buy it.

Which would make me wonder what his plan for Darnold is. The Jets don't exactly have a nuclear arsenal of offensive weapons by Douglas' design of course.

This guy might have his eye on Russel Wilson in a year or two if the rumors are to be believed.

Would Douglas survive with his job to get to that point?

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hearing that potential salary cap contraction for 2021 due to Covid-19 effects are part of the reason no offer has been made. That's pretty reasonable don't you think? Douglas and Adams need to have a chat.

MoWilkBeast and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

look at some of the best teams in the league...Packers, Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, do you think they would give in to Adams. These teams are stead fast in their ways and it's their way or the highway. What do you think Adams would be doing if he were a Patriot?
    JD is trying to fix the standard MAC set of dishing out money when it's not necessary. He'll sign Adams eventually it's just not the president he wants to set of paying out new contracts before the contract is up. It's a bad look for the front office & bad for future contract negotiations, just hold fast & Keep up the good work JD.

#184 BudJet, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think it’s over. Douglas is too calculated and will do what’s best for the team. Jamal will do what’s best for him (also doesn’t want to play here). I don’t see how they’re fixing this.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He's cheaper the next two years but at what price in terms of not being a headache for the organization? If he continues to take potshots at JD and the Jets and/or holds out, is that cheap deal gonna be worth it for the aggravation and bad press? Players deserve to be paid, but there's a way to go about it and a way not to, and Adams is obviously just a loud mouth, whiney-ass jerk. As good as he is on the field, he's that bad off the field. He's working against the type of culture that JD is seeking to instill. It's not worth having him disrupt things. The timing is tough. If JD holds onto Adams too long, Adams' price is likely to go down as he will start turning off other teams and they will have the leverage. Maybe JD needs to tell Adams' agent that he needs tot tell Adams to shut up and grow up or he's gonna start getting fined $50k or $100k per incident, and that the Jets won't trade him or pay him. Adams needs to know that the Jets have ALL the leverage.

#186 NCJetsfan, Jun 18, 2020
    Footballgod214 and Freddy Mondo like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

It would send the message that the Jets aren't going to put up with whiny ass bitches running their mouth to the media. It would send the message that no player is bigger than the team and can control what they do and when. It would send the message that Adams plays a non-premium position and they aren't going to pay guys that play those positions huge amounts of money, expecially before they have to. It would send the message that if you're mature, work hard, play well, and play one of the most important positions in the game, they will get paid.

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

9. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Get the fuck out. Great player but terrible position for a rebuilding team.

You wanna choose where you play? Are you fucking kidding me? You're on a rookie deal with 2 years left. Unreal.

10. NCJetsfan

The problem in MLB isn't the players, it's the owners! The owners want to cut the players' salaries big time. The players were willing to compromise, but the owners' offer was insulting.

11. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO!!!!

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

the owners offered 60 games at full pro-rated pay and the players said no. They can go fuck themselves too

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Millionaires vs Billionaires. The problem is all of 'em!

NYJFan10, Jetsfansince95 and FJF like this.
  14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

of course he picks the best teams in the league....what a DIVA. Hope we dump him off in jacksonville. He didn't pick Patriots because he knows Belechek wouldn't put up with his shit.

#194 BudJet, Jun 18, 2020
    JetsNation06 likes this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Side Note: I am pretty sure Jamal would have voted NO in this poll because he is crazy and the Browns are not on his list of 6 elite teams and the Texans. :D

JetBlue, NYJFOREVER and phubbadaman like this.
  16. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

How are the players compromising? They are demanding full prorated. I’m not even taking sides but I find what you said to be inaccurate.

17. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

That rookie A. Davis is looking real good rite now.:D

phubbadaman likes this.
  18. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Just like you shouldn't give in to your kids tantrums, JD would be crazy to trade Adams at this point. His trade value is incredibly low and it would encourage future behavior. Let him sit out and get fined

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Saints went 7-9 4 out of 5 years running after Brees signed his big deal.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  20. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I understand, and definitely am now in the trade him camp. I just would rather trade him for draft picks than for Yannick, who had the same number of sacks that Jordan Jenkins had last year, and extend him for $22 million.

dawinner127 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.