I wonder if Sam is starting to wish he was drafted by the Browns...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jerryjeudy, May 24, 2020.

1. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

This cracked me up

Well done!

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  2. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

I used to be a Jets draft homer and get behind whomever the GM decided to draft, realizing that no matter how much college football I watched, I could certainly never amass the knowledge and talent for predicting who amongst the thousands of college football players eligible to be drafted would be the best fit for my favorite football team

And then I turned 9

Let’s face it guys, the Jets are simply legendary for 2 things — Joe Namath and their absolutely pathetic scouting department and drafting record

If you think Denzel Mims is in the same universe as Jerry Jeudy, well congratulations, you may have the necessary skills to become the next Jets GM

3. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

I’ve read MANY drafts from certain posters on this board that have consistently turned out to be much better than the Jets drafts

If it was only 2 or 3 posters, well then no big deal — there are some really talented people on this board

But when it’s 6, 7 and maybe 8 different posters who regularly outdraft the Jets, there is a big problem

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I agree that up until recently the Jets have had worse drafts than many of their fans wanted (It’s too early to tell on Joe D).

With hindsight being 20-20 I would have been okay on Jerry Jeudy in the 1st and going Josh Jones in the second and maybe Hennessy in round 3. But I mean only time will tell on who is right. Since we don’t quite know for sure how good of GM Joe Douglas is at the moment, I think it makes no sense in doubting him at least this year. We still have to see how this all plays out and from what I understand 2021 expects to be a great Draft class for WR talent as well.

lastly I don’t think any QB has ever muttered the words “ I wish I was drafted by the Cleveland Browns” ever in history.

Jerryjeudy likes this.
  5. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

I think many Jets fans would have been happier with Jerry Jeudy in Round 1 and Josh Jones in Round 2.

JJ & JJ

But we’ll never know because fans have a strong tendency to automatically back their GM’s picks, especially when the GM is new

Plus, most Jets fans have no idea what it’s like to draft an elite WR, so the resultant tremendous impact that can have on the development of a young QB is highly underappreciated around here — we simply haven’t seen that up close in many decades because the Jets are literally the worst franchise in the NFL when it comes to drafting receivers, so it’s very understandable that fans discount the importance of drafting such a player in the 1st Round

Hopefully, Douglas can get Darnold his Marvin Harrison in next year’s draft, but I’m not going to hold my breath because Marvin Harrisons don’t grow on trees

The entire scouting team that evaluates WRs need to be canned

Jeudy is going to be sensational

Drew Lock is a very lucky guy

Becton/Mims vs Jeudy/Jones

Looking forward to watching all 4 of these players compete this season

Thanks for bringing Josh Jones into the conversation!

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This isn't wearing thin, it's threadbare. Word Play.

7. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Ahh, I see you are my biggest fan...

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Just getting a feel for the city.

9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Dude you are a TROLL and have hijacked each and every thread with you man love for JJ.

Can a MOD please give this TROLL a temp ban? I'd like to actually discuss the items in the thread and not be synthetically brought back to the world of JJ and his super hero skill set. WE GET IT DUDE

Sam in Cleveland and Baker in NY is an interesting idea, one I would have been on board with on draft day and year 1. I still think Sam has the highest upside of any QB in that draft LONGTERM...

10. Quinnenthebeast

Jones was projected late first rounder but the Cards took him in the 3rd round. The Jets and other teams must have had issue with his lack of strength though because he fell far. Theoretically if they liked him enough they could have drafted bookend tackles in the first two rounds.

Taking Jeudy would have fixed our receiver problem for sure but if Josh Jones happens to not start for years/become a bust then our offensive line would be almost as bad as last year.

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I haven’t heard anything truly solid, but what I heard was he came to the combine bigger than he played in the season and senior bowl. He ended up not moving as well as expected.

The speculation was he tried to get big too fast and didn’t do it right and it hurt him. Like many others, there is a chance he could have fixed his draft stock if he had a pro day or team visits.

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone has ever wished to be drafted by the Browns?

Or happy they were drafted by the Browns for that matter. (Talking the afterbirth Browns not the original)

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Wasn't OBJ thrilled to be traded to the Charlie Browns? ;)

14. Quinnenthebeast

It sounds like Jones has the tools but needs to work on properly building his size and strength to succeed at the NFL. Given that he is already 23 years think that probably turned a lot of people off on him. He could be a late bloomer but that would also indicate that he wasn’t worth a first round pick or perhaps even a second at that point. That said Darnold needed help at tackle immediately and Becton while still working on his pass blocking is a day 1 starter and a huge player to get around in the passing game.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I also wanted the glamour position of WR picked in the first round and of course Robbie Anderson resigned. But you need those pitbulls up front to both protect Sam and to make some holes for the RB. Its gonna take some time to fix Tannenbaum and Maccagnan mess. But the Jets got tons of money and salary cap.

16. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

There’s always next year and the year after that

Then again, Edge and CB are always going to compete strongly with drafting a WR in Round 1, so we’ll see how it goes

I’d like Sam to be a Jet for a very long time, but at some point if you don’t surround him with the weapons he needs to thrive, I won’t be surprised to see him leave for a team that will

KurtTheJetsFan and boozer32 like this.
  17. phill1c

phill1c Member

I don't know. I always feel like it's best to draft BIG when there is worthy AND you need a big OL.

18. In a perfect world your OL is firmly entrenched w acouple mainstays & a steady pipeline of affordable draft picks/low risk FAs. Cohesive,fitting a prototype as well as the scheme & most importantly fiscally compensated.

Once that as well as the QB in place its about getting backfield & boundary weapons w the same principles as above. Except you continually try to stockpile & upgrade to the most explosive dynamic offense possible. This is what KC, Pitt,Philly,Rams & recently Pats all do now

The problem is the Jets have half assed drafting/developing skill basically since Rex’s arrival & it wasnt all that great beforehand either.

At some point you gotta do something to provide some offensive firepower. The team is consistently bottom 5 in team receiving.

Taking Becton was the right call.He was the best OT in this draft.He was the only OT that made sense over the likes of Lamb,Ruggs & Jeudy.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  19. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Kurt, you are my favorite poster

Jeudy is going to make a lot of teams who passed on him look really stupid

You don’t pass up this kind of talent when it falls right into your lap and your biggest need is an elite WR

This guy has HOF talent

He runs routes like he’s Barry Sanders

Sam needed this more than anything else:

20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Oh yeah? But can he do this?

NCJetsfan likes this.