If Gase isn’t the answer, who would you like to see as the next HC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jerryjeudy, Jun 7, 2020.

1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'm rarely optimistic about the Jets, but I think this is the year. I just hope they get to play.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i honestly have no idea.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think that we got to 7-9 with smoke and mirrors last year playing against a very very weak schedule. i think we will take a step back this year even though the personnel is improved.

SOJAZ, JetsNation06 and Jake like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think you're right, but you never can really tell until the season gets under way. It seems teams find it hard to be consistent, so a winning record this year may well turn into a losing one next year. Still, the odds are that most of teams on their schedule will perform up to their ability at least. I think they'll do well if they go 7-9 again. More than the record, I want to see them playing every team close, and big improvement from Darnold and Q. Williams especially, and of course from Gase. If those things don't happen, regardless of record, Gase needs to go, and maybe they need to start looking for a new QB. A lot of questions will be answered this season.

SOJAZ and alleycat9 like this.
  5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know with Gase. Not really a booster or a critic of his. I'd have to say that if he is fired I'd want to go with somebody with proven track record. Not a flash in the pan.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Contrails is probably right about Gase but I want to believe Westie that we stun the world with 12-4

Looks like 8-8 Season then:confused:

7. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Either 8-8 or another losing season. Just hope that Gase could be the coach there. If not, he is out of NY.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Seems like an appropriate place to post a tweet that tells us everything we know, or at least everything we SHOULD know if you've been paying attention:

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Leopards don't change spots apparently.

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well some of us have been beating the drum about his abilities or lack thereof... as CC stated above, if the team is not competitively better - meaning that they are in games till the 4th Q - and the O doesn't disappear during games like last year + SAM makes a leap forward, then he needs to go.

BTW - I have very little faith in his ability to make the foregoing happen. I hope I am wrong but I can not get the picture out of my mind of him sitting by himself on the bench diagraming plays (show poor leadership) or SAM coming to him totally befuddled (I believe in the JAX game) and AG telling him...you know what to do... score a TD (talk about useless dialog).

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Greg Williams has 8-8 written all over him..We need a guy that instantly changes the culture like a Hardbaugh type or Tomlin.Its funny because if you told me to make a list of 20 coaches we should hire the day after Bowles got fired Adam Gase wouldnt have even been on the list.He wouldnt have made anyones list

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dude. 5-11, 5-11, 7-9 and you dismiss 8-8

When Greg had a QB he won the Superbowl.

Sam is that guy. Give Sam a decent OC and let Greg run the team.

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I would be fine giving Gregg a shot at HC but I would prefer a real innovative offensive coach like the next Kliff Kingsbury whoever that person rises to be.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It would be so Jets like for Kingsbury to become the next great HC while we look for Gase's replacement in the next year or two.

Jake likes this.
  15. Quinnenthebeast

Yeah not to toot my own horn but I was begging the team to get Kingsbury and people thought I was a psycho. The league is won on innovative offenses and we have been playing offense like it’s 1975 for the past decade.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im confused but what has Kinsbury won so far?Didnt they go 5-10-1 last year?

17. Quinnenthebeast

Their roster was arguably worse than ours last year. I like what the guys done more in 2 years to rebuild than what our team has done in 6. DeAndre Hopkins gives Murray a great #1WR and Drake could be a top runningback. They also got Josh Jones for a steal in the 3rd and Simmons in the 1st. I think they at least make a push for the playoffs this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk