ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why would we want to change our vote? The question wasn't "Would you trade Jamal Adams?", it was "Would you trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their '21 1st?" I would trade Adams, but I would never do that deal, not only because it would be trading one diva bitch for another, but it would be a horrible trade. It's one of the worst trades I've ever seen suggested on any Jets' fan site. We'd be getting raped by Cleveland.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This would just trade one pay-me guy for another and Ngakoue has a much better case, having been paid a lot less than Adams over the course of his career to date and on the franchise tag now.

The Jets can't afford to pay anybody an upper echelon contract right now with Darnold coming due in 2022 at the outside. They need to get picks and/or players under club control for a few more years in return for Adams.

A trade that I would make given the circumstances is Dallas #1 in 2021 and Michael Gallup for instance. Gallup is under club control for '20 and '21 at a reasonable figure and might be induced to accept an affordable extension if the Jets got him now to get some guaranteed money in the bank.

3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

The chiefs just did this with Frank Clark ... it’s absolutely feasible

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Steelers - The AFC East has been notoriously weak. And in the years where the Ravens had a good team, the Ravens dominated the Steelers.
    Packers - The NFC North has been awful so winning that division isn't some huge accomplishment. The NFC overall was unimpressive last year.
    Ravens - If they can't afford a defense, it's not going to matter. Eventually, Lamar Jackson is going to have to win important games by throwing the ball. I think he's balling out just like I predicted he would but no team has won because they overpaid for a QB and woefully neglected the rest of the team.

5. Br4d

We don't know if the Chiefs move for Ford was a success or not. They won the Super Bowl in the year where he counted bupkus against the cap. Now they have to pay for him at 19.3M a year or more for the next 4 years.

I'm going to argue that the Jets are nowhere near as well setup to capitalize on a single low cap season out of Ngakoue and the 19M+ hits down the road would be absolutely devastating to our chances to become a solid playoff team that builds to a SB win.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Over this guy already.

I got news for you Jamal, lashing out at fans isn’t going to get you paid, it’s only going to make you public enemy #1.

HomeoftheJets, SOJAZ and RochesterJet like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He's annoying at this point. Trade him or pay him, I don't care anymore.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’m trying my hardest to stay on the Jamal train but I want to get off pretty badly. Not there yet... but close...

NYJFOREVER and dawinner127 like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Trade his stupid greedy ass!

SOJAZ and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Adams is a great player who has already worn out his welcome as far as I'm concerned. Every star player who negotiates through the press while still under contract turns into a liability for his current team at some point. He doesn't play a critical position, and can be replaced. Trade him and move on.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The 2020 season is not guaranteed to be played this year and possibly cancelled so, I'm not sure what's driving this desire for a new contract when he knows the team has control for several more years. I can see a hold out coming like Lev did in Pitt. If Jamal wants his new deal now, its not happening and with all his bitching on Social Media, he's forcing the Jets not to appear weak by re-negotiating at this time. Someone gassed him up into thinking he IS the Jets, not just a member OF the Jets. The smart play would be to clam up, let his agent who's getting paid pretty well do his job and let JD save face. Adams will get his money so unless he's planning on this being his final year in NY, He should have another PB season, THEN press for the cash when he'll have more leverage.

#111 Cman68, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am 100% in the "Let Jamal cry alone at his mansion instead of trading him" boat right now. Can't let greedy and selfish players dictate where they go in the NFL. I don't like it at all. Jamal has handled this whole thing like an immature jerk. Has he looked around the country by the way? Demanding more money in a time like this? This is not a good look for him. Everyone I have talked to is on the Jets side of this situation. Well, except for some Cowboys fans I know, who already want to pre-order his jersey.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Excuse my dense ass, I just felt he was saying time to move on from the convo he was having. I’m very likely in the minority here. And I love Jamal as a player lol. Carry on.

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want this trade, I'm very okay with shipping his ass out the building at this point though. I would like the trade to be a bit more appealing though.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

yes it is time to move on...

17. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

lol Adams couldn't have handled this more poorly

18. Br4d

Jamal Adams doesn't want to play for the Jets. The contract imbroglio is just a convenient way to force a trade.

Hopefully Joe Douglas has an answer in the trade department.

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Admins I’d like to change my name (sorry I’m cursed) no more current player avatars for me.

so tired of this team and the drama it goes through to eke our 4-7 wins every year.

K'OB and Cman68 like this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Trade his fuckin ass

I do not want to see him in a Jets jersey any longer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.