Do you think Jets will play in the Superbowl in your lifetime?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 13, 2020.

?

Question in the title of this thread

1. Yes

45.5%
  2. No

45.5%
  3. Undecided

9.1%
  1. As bad as the Lions are, in most cases theyve had significantly more talent than the Jets over the last 30 yrs. Sad but true.

Brook! likes this.
  2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I don't know about significantly more talent over that period of time but they've definitely had more phenom HOF talents when you talk about Barry Sanders and Megatron. The Lions are a pitifully moribund franchise most likely the worst in the league. Followed by Browns/Bengals or Bengals/Browns (either way you slice it) then I would put the Jets up there with several other really bad franchises like Washington, Oakland, Arizona, Tampa and Jax. Those 3 rust belt franchises are in a league of their own though when it comes to extended periods of awful, apathetic ownership and no hope for their fans.

3. The lions are definitely inept & always fold in the clutch.

my point is they aren’t “out talented” on the field on a weekly basis like the Jets are. Theyll hold their own for the most part in terms of play up front & on the boundary.They just dont know how to win bc losing is in their DNA.

The jets on the other hand routinely end up w a barren roster on both sides of the ball & get out talented.Even when they win its being scrappy..rarely bc the team had better players.

Pound for pound the Jets have the worst talent procurement in professional sports.And they cant use lack of funds or being small market as an excuse.Its purely incompetence

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

None of us will. i've been told that Trump and his pending nuclear war will make sure of it.

LOL.

Brook! likes this.
  5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Lifelong die hard fan here. 46 going on 47 later this year. I just can't at this point in time see the Jets ever making the Super Bowl while I live. They are such the dumpster fire of an organization from the owners on down. I still can't believe we hired Adam Gase as our head coach. Also, I'm still reeling from the embarrassment of having a GM spend money in free agency and go through a draft only to be fired right after. Pretty sure I'll never see a Superbowl in my lifetime. I posted this before but my dad was super sick in 2010 and I was praying, and I'm not a religious man, that I could see them play in one Superbowl with him, win or lose. He's still around fortunately, but neither him or I ever see it happening.
    Man, what a satisfactory feeling that would be after all these decades of crap. Right now, it's still hard to believe it's been 10 years and we can't even make the playoffs.

TonyFtLaud and Brook! like this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

My dad bought seasons before I was born. He got them in Namath's rookie year. They have been in the family ever since. I started going to games when I was 5 and now I will be 52 this Oct. I keep rooting and hoping but I am not to confident. Decades of mostly disappointment with this team doesn't make me feel to confident about a run to the Super Bowl.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I wish someone at Jets HQ would print out this thread and the results of the poll and tape it to Chris Johnson's door. Send a copy to our Embassy in London, too.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not kidding. I can do that if you want but as far as I know some folks at 1 Jets Drive already read this forum. Maybe they will whisper to Chris's ears :)

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

How about the Chargers or the Vikes just to name others :mad:

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. championjets69

MHO Chris does care in the least if we never win a SB in his lifetime otherwise he NEVER would have hired Gase :mad:

11. championjets69

Well at least your dad saw us win a SB :mad:

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

He always told me that 1969 was the greatest sports year of his life since he was Jets/Mets fan. I was alive when the Jets won the Super Bowl but since I was 3 months old that doesn't count for me.

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

My thought has always been that I cannot die until I see the jets win a superbowl. I do not recall anything about the 1969 superbowl so I do not count that one. Essentially, I have thought of myself as immortal. Every year when the Jets lose and championship 69 makes his annual we suck post I have thought great I get to live another year. As I get close to 60 I am tending to doubt my initial conclusion that I am immortal. I am thinking now that maybe it would be better that the Jets win, preferably ,sooner than later, even if I would mean losing my immortality.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. championjets69

I Agreed with your Dad ,1,000% from another Jets/mets fan Oh yes i also got my ST the year jwn was signed :)

15. championjets69

Just giving the FACTs concerning the NYJs :mad:Do U know what afACT is? :mad:

#55 championjets69, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Noam likes this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have no clue what "aFACT" is but I do know typing is hard! All kidding aside while I may not agree with you often I do appreciate your consistency, determination, your unique outlook and your undying love of the Jets. We all live in this bi-polar forum where emotions shift 180 degrees from from week to week. After wins we see posts celebrating many years of impending championships followed a few days later after a loss with the same poster wanting to jump off a bridge, gut the team, fire everyone and cut all players. In contrast I do appreciate the simple stoic consistency of your posting.

I hope we all have good years to look forward too. Best wishes and keep posting!

#56 Noam, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  17. championjets69

Facts are things that are undenialable here are some examples

The NYJs have NOT won a SB In over 50 years
    We are the 1st nation to explode a Atom Bomb
    JFK was shot in Dallas TX
    We are the only nation to land man on the moon & return them safely to the earth

In essence a FACT can not be argue since it a historical thing that actually occurred :mad:

18. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I’ve got one in the bank. Not sure if I’ll see another as the big 70 approaches.

My thoughts, and prayers are for all of you to reach the pinnacle. Go Jets!

19. NYsportsfan1962

I'll chime in with your dad. If you add the next year (1970 Knicks) that's three of my favorite teams that won championships in less than a two year period. I was 14 and in sports euphoria. If only the Rangers would have won in 1971 OMG!! Since then three championships. FFS.
    Regarding the Jets I'm dubious we'll ever win. Good teams have strong owners and management. Chris Johnson, although I think he means well, does not know how to run a football operation. I'm very hopeful I'm wrong.

20. championjets69

Do U not think the NYJs are just as inept as the Lions? :mad: