Jets Southeast Camp

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 9, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Was waiting for this :D:D:D

Brook! likes this.
  2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I'm feeling good about our offense this year. Last year they showed some promise scoring 34 pts. in 3 straight games & scored TD on opening drive 4 straight weeks in a row. That a good sign of things to come. This year we have better starting WR's, we'll have a healthy Herndon & Griffin & an OL that will help in the passing game as well as the running game. The key will be if Gase can turn those first quarter scripted offense into 4 quarters of offense. He seems to script the first drive well, but then goes away from what was working in the opening drive. He can't get conservative after that opening drive score & when he has the lead. He has to learn to put the pedal to the metal for 4 quarters. There is no excuses for Gase this year. It's good to see the players are all in, getting the ball rolling in camp south-east with Sam this week. I'm not expecting GREAT things from day one, but I do expect to see progress as the players become more acclimated with each other & Sam's mini camp this week is a good start.

Brook! likes this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Scripted is good but also remember those later games, the skill position guys were Robby, Crowder, Griffin (then Wesco and Brown) and Vyncint Smith/Jeff Smith/Berrios. Behind a god awful offensive line. VS has speed but little refined route running. Jeff Smith just has speed, and well known issues with his hands. Berrios never got on the field much due to Crowder being in the slot. The lack of weapons and an awful OL, lucky Sam made due with what he had honestly.

nycarl, NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

We’re probably better off if he gets corona now to be honest. A positive test during the season will mean 2 games automatically missed and I’ll lose my shit if he has to sit out 2 straight years with viral infections.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Teams should just throw corona parties like they threw chicken pox parties before that vaccine. We all got it during summer vacation and parents didn’t have to worry about us missing school the next year.

I’m joking, before anyone goes off on how much more serious this virus is.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This is not geared towards you in any way, it's just an observation. If you play for a team, any team, I don't care which one, shouldn't there be some sort of tacit agreement that if the team is holding a camp in one form of another, you should show the fck up simply because you're a member of the team?

Why is it that some of these guys somehow think they shouldn't have to do things that are part of their goddamn job description? So a bunch of them are going to Sam's Camp and they deserve a medal for valor or some shit? "He got out of bed this morning! He's a warrior!"

To take that further, ridiculous nonsense that's almost at the point to where xyz player gets a conditional bonus if he just gets out of bed in the morning at all. Who lives like this?

I couldn't imagine getting a raise just because I got out of bed in the morning without even having to do my job, show up, or excel in any way. Alright, I'm cranky because of the heat. It's really not that hot, but I just wish the Summer could be completely bypassed, it sucks, I hate it.

So anyway, everyone who is supposed to show up to this goddamn Camp, just show up and shut the fck up. You're not some fcking hero because you essentially went to what equates to goddamn company picnic playing horseshoes. I need an ice-cold Pepsi. Bye.

Brook! and K'OB like this.
  7. K'OB

I usually get a raise when I wake up but that's natural apparently :eek::p:p:p:D

Imagesrdecieving and Brook! like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Very excited for this connection.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Is it me or did Mims almost drop that? I don’t even care. Give me a million more of these videos.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

3 months into this pandemic with no sports, I would definitely sit back and watch an hour long video of Sam passing the ball around to all of the Jets skill players. :D:cool:

12. FJF

Please, you would do it pandemic or not. So would i

13. K'OB

I would like more than 3 fucking seconds that's for sure.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. FJF

[​IMG]

15. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Mims got two "good route" compliments in those three seconds. That works out to 2,400 good route compliments a game if he stays healthy.

K'OB and themorey like this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is the future folks. Superbowl winning connection right there. Year 2023 and Jets are winning the Superbowl with the two minute drive ending with a TD from Sam to Mims.

One can dream right?

NCJetsfan, BudJet, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me! :)

K'OB and Brook! like this.
  18. K'OB

I hope that includes undressing and foreplay? The greedy bitch. :D

FJF likes this.
  19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Only if I left my socks on. It takes me about 3 minutes for each one to get those bastards off nowadays.

K'OB likes this.
  20. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

You know how bad it's gotten for me...

SNY has been simming the Mets season in a video game and streaming it to YouTube.

I watch that pretty religiously - and I don't even like baseball all that much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Dark Knight likes this.