Do you think Jets will play in the Superbowl in your lifetime?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 13, 2020.

?

Question in the title of this thread

1. Yes

45.5%
  2. No

45.5%
  3. Undecided

9.1%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am 42 years old with diabetes and liver disease. I expect to live another 20 to 25 years. If Sam project fails I have 2 or 3 more QB projects in my life time.

I doubt I will ever see Jets in the Superbowl before I die. What do you guys feel like?

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. UK jet

UK jet Member

I feel like you'll live for another 30-35 years and live to see a superbowl triumph same as me

Freddy Mondo and Brook! like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Aside from the one I've already seen? I doubt it. I'm 68 and have had several dances with cancer already so they need to win one in the next 3-5 years at the outside for me to see another, and with Gase as HC I see at least one, if not two years wasted, and maybe the ruination of Darnold, so that would put them back to Square 1 in 2 years. I've got little time and less patience for them to win one.

Brook! and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

44 years old next month. Lifelong sufferer of Jetsitis. It's chronic and I don't see any cure in my lifetime but crazier shit's happened.

Brook! likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I’m 23 in August, I sure hope I see them play in at least one SB.

The optimist in me says Douglas knows what he’s doing and will build a team around Sam that will finally bring home the VLT.

Brook!, The Dark Knight and PabloJa like this.
  6. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Will King Arthur return? So many unknowable questions...

Brook! likes this.
  7. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

My father was a giants fan. I remember when I became a Jets fan around ‘89 he said “They might be a Super Bowl team by 2000”. It was a running joke with us for a long time.

The last time we had a super bowl caliber team was 2009-2010? I don’t know what it was about that time, something just didn’t feel right. I want to blame Sanchez, but it was something that said we aren’t going to make it.

I don’t know what it is about this time. Darnold, Joe Douglas....there’s something in the air that just feels different. I think we’re at the start of something really good.

So yeah, I think we have a real shot at going all the way in the next few years.

Ptflea2, Brook! and NYJFOREVER like this.
  8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

They already have so I guess I cannot accurately say no.
    I will say that I do not think they will play in another in my lifetime.

Brook! likes this.
  9. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

With the Johnsons in charge - probably not in my lifetime (I'm about to be 54). With Gase/Loggains calling the shots - sadly no way, they just don't cut it for me. With Williams/Douglas there - there's a small inkling that things might just be changing .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm 44 and I'd say there's a less than 50% chance the Jets make the Super Bowl before I croak. The team is owned by an imbecile and I see no indication that he has any interest in selling. Could we get lucky one year despite the Johnsons? Sure, it could happen ... but I no longer think it is likely.

SgtDonnyDonowitz and Brook! like this.
  11. 38.If you asked me 10 yrs ago id say yes..

Now? Hell i dont even have confidence that the Patriot Bullshit is ever gonna end let alone the Jets actually get to a championship game.

09-10 feels like a lifetime ago..98 feels like 2 lifetimes.

The Patriots constantly winning & the Jets repeatedly self destructing in the draft process has left me at rock bottom of my fan hood.

The 12 year old version of me that sat in tears minutes after the fake spike game had infinitely more Jets optimism & fight than present day Kurt.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This question comes up once every 5 years or so. I guess it's not as depressing as asking will I ever win Powerball in my lifetime, but the underlying realistic answer is fck no, of course not.

Oh, wait, you said PLAY, not win. The underlying realistic answer is fck no, of course not.

Zach, Brook!, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300. --Ricky Bobby.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That 09/10 team were the years they could’ve won. They could’ve beaten NO and definitely would’ve beaten GB. I remember after they lost to Pittsburgh in 2010, I kicked my laptop and 13 year old me cried myself to sleep. Absolutely brutal.

Brook! and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Don't get your hopes up. And I'm not talking about living to 300. :mad::mad::mad:

Zach and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think if the Cubs, Red Sox and White Sox have won a title in my lifetime why can't the Jets? But then logic takes over and reminds me it's the Jets.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. For your own good.

Brook! and The Dark Knight like this.
  17. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I'm 65 & there is a good chance Sam is the last Jets QB I will see in my lifetime. Ask me this question after we dump Gase & hire a real HC & OC. Next year we have a lot of cap space, hopefully a NEW coaching staff & another good draft. Then I would say we are at least 2 to 3 years away. It all depends on the coaching staff JD puts together. Since I have faith in JD, I guess I will optimistically say YES. In JD I trust.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yes! Sam is not going to fail. I think sometime in the next 5 years the Jets will reach and hopefully win the Super Bowl. Joe Douglas is a winner and I think he will build a winning team around Sam. The Eagles and Chiefs are recent winners and I think the Jets can do something similar. A realistic time table would have the Jets playing well and possibly reaching the playoffs in 2020, becoming a top contender in 2021, and then hopefully entering a Super Bowl window in 2022. I believe it is possible.

BudJet and Brook! like this.
  19. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Something about this thread just made me suddenly realize a few things. Mainly that I shouldn’t judge those on here who I used to feel were impatient and unrealistic in their expectations.

Being 29 now, I was there for the 2009/2010 run. But quickly I’m realizing that I always had the feeling there’s plenty of time for the Jets to win 1 or two, as I expect to have plenty of years left.

I feel the urgency suddenly, for all you other guys out there. All you guys who didn’t get the first one, and just want the chance to celebrate that big win one time.

I sort of thought it would be a dark sider thread but it’s actually real talk. Funny how the reality of your own mortality looks you in the face when you’re not expecting it.

20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I'm 52. I was born 7 months before SB3 so I could technically have seen them play in it. I fully expect to go out the same way - the Jets playing in the game I've waited most of my life to see but me drooling in a bed somewhere not knowing it is going on.

KurtTheJetsFan, Brook! and Jake like this.