If Gase isn’t the answer, who would you like to see as the next HC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jerryjeudy, Jun 7, 2020.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Bruce Arians...oh wait.

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think Gase will do well this year. Douglas certainly helped him this offseason. Gase had his lumps last year and Darnold being out for 4 games really hurt. One thing about Gase the offense did start fast unlike previous years where they waited till the 2 minute warning to start trying to score. If he has a winning season he will be safe. But if he goes 7-9 or 8-8 he will lose his job. No college coaches should be looked at as a replacement. So who is the new hot candidate? I trust Douglas and he might already have a guy in mind. Maybe form the Ravens Ozzie Newsome tree. I'll be down with that.

3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

We don't have a HC, we have a lousy OC who thinks he is a HC, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for this year, but if he doesn't produce this year he's gone. Then we will see what kind of GM JD is. Will he pull the trigger on Gase.....I sure hope so.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Don't forget that the decision on whether Gase stays or goes may not rest in Douglas' hands. Supposedly, they are peers. Unless the Johnsons make a change in the heirarchy or decide that they have seen enough of Gase, he may be back for another year or two.

westiedog1 and PJ4Ever like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think the chances of gase getting fired are slim. It’s going to take a bottom 5 team to get him fired and if that couldn’t happen last year with everything possible going wrong it isn’t going to happen this year without the same bad luck happening.

westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think JD would put the team before his so called friendship with Gase. Whatever decision he makes will go on his resum'e & be carried with him his whole professional career. I don't think he would want that blemish on his record that he put a friendship before his job. As far as the Johnsons, I am sure they will influence a decision on whether Gase goes or stays. JD job is to run the team & do what's best for the team as per the way he is handling the Adams contract. He knows it is in the teams best interest to hold off a year, answer the phone when other teams call, & shut the media noise out. The old saying ...Its a business is very true. I have faith in JD.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Trump wins re-election, Woody stays in England and Gase stays in NY.

If......

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You missed the point of my post entirely. The decision probably isn't Douglas' to make. Douglas and Gase are peers. It would take a decision from Chris and Woody Johnson to fire Gase. I doubt that happens. I have faith in JD too, but that has nothing to do with Gase, nor does Douglas' friendship with Gase. You seem to have completely forgotten that the Jets don't have a traditional org chart where the HC reports to the GM and the GM is his boss. They both report to Chris Johson. Adams doesn't have anything to do with it, either.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My opinion is anything less then a PO slot gets Gase fired :mad:

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

they wont fire him because they are still paying bowles and dont want to end up paying 3 guys to coach the team. i believe bowles is done after this year so maybe just maybe after this year. although i think they will give it until the end of next year. i cant even find anything about what adam gase contract is but i think he will get the time to get it right. sadly i think he wont get it right and that the jets made a 4 year mistake hiring him. which should be no surprise looking at the hires that this ownership group has made.

they have tried many different ways, many different types and come up short time and time again.

11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Same guy they should have hired the last time: Eric Bieniemy

FinnishJET likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Hes alive and well. Posting on another board. His latest masterpiece was " Did Sam Darnold really have Covid 19" and went on to explain how Darnold was the source that spread th virus throughout NY and his home state California....
    Cant make that up.

Noam and FJF like this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Didnt Gase get a 5 year deal?

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am a fan of Gase. He did an amazing job last year with shit talent and players that he did not want. The jury is still out and I expect a much better team thus year so it’s still TBD on the head coach but so far so good. We finally have an owner,GM, head coach and QB and the sane time that I have confidence in. This will be a Jet decade to remember. Screw all you Gase haters who were down on him before the first game based on nothing but what was said by the Jet hating media who picks and chooses what was said by Prior players. I don’t care what he did in Miami because I didn’t follow the team to know who was at fault and I only believe what I see what my eyes.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Saw a utube video yesterday by some NFL analyst predicting Jets W-L record for 2020 breaking down all matches home and away. Saying it will be 4-12 mainly because of zero faith in A Gase coaching ability:eek:

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Gase can't fired soon enough. That said, he's safe for this season unless there's a complete meltdown and mutiny, which is somewhat possible given his relationships with players and his disdain for anyone questioning his genius. But I'm resigned to him being the HC for at least one more year which is depressing because it's yet another year wasted, and perhaps a death sentence for Darnold's career. So the act of dreaming about what HC candidate should come next is pointless and even more depressing because it only highlights the shortcomings of Gase without any solution to them.

In general terms I sort of agree with Noam, that if a HC is really good it doesn't matter which side of the ball they got their experience, but I also agree with NC's concern that most people - and therefore coaches - have a tendency to stick with what they know, so I'm very leery of hiring a DC as the next HC...we've seen that movie play how many times, and we all know how it ends.

If, and when, Gase is actually looking like he'll be let go, I'll allow my imagination to open up and look at the possible candidates at that point in time. Until then, Im going to pass on getting my hopes up.

NYJetsO12, alleycat9 and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

That analysis isn't worthy of a response, but I'll do one anyway. If the Jets top players stay relatively healthy this season and they go 4-12, then Gase deserves to be fired, but I doubt he would be. On the other hand, I would not be surprised at a 12-4 finish. I say that because if Mosely and Williamson are healthy and return to form, the Jets should have one of the top defenses in the league. Add to that a much improved offense and 12-4 is a possibility as I see it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And that's why you're a Jets fan Westie!:p

NYJetsO12, westiedog1 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  19. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The Jets need to make a coaching change if Adam Gase has another uneven season like he did last year. If I were Joe Douglas, I would hire a real offensive coach and Chiefs OC Eric Belliamy would be my top candidate. He comes from the Andy Reid coaching tree, has helped to make Patrick Mahomes an NFL MVP and he would help make the Jets exciting and a better team on the field. Gase needed to go… yesterday.

If the Jets having another season like last year, this needs to happen right away.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  20. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

One thing I hate about Gase is how he sits on the bench flipping through photos and not giving a care about what the hell else is going on while his team is on defense. He is suppose to be a HC. At this point I would rather have Williams as HC, but that means our offense would be run by...oh shit I don't even remember his name, you know the short guy with the red flag. We are doomed for at least one more full year of Gase. Hope he proves me wrong.

NYJetsO12 likes this.