Bryce Hall Signed 4 year deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 1, 2020.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Fifth-round pick Bryce Hall has signed his contract with the Jets — four years, $3.6 million, including $316,000 to sign. The former Virginia CB becomes the first of the Jets' picks to sign.

This is great. If we can have a starting CB for 4 years at that cheap. Great move JD.
    It may take Hall a year or so to start, but I feel he has the talent to be CB2. For now he'll probably be in a rotation with Austin. May the best man win.:)

The team still has Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, Ashtyn Davis, Jabari Zuniga, La’Mical Perine, James Morgan, Cameron Clark and Braden Mann to sign.

#1 BudJet, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Pepsiguy5, donkey and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

JD is 1/9 in signing the 2020 DP's of the NYJ's. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I won't sleep well until Braden Mann, K, is under lock and key!

KurtTheJetsFan and James Hasty like this.
  4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

You might be up for a while. All we got is Braden Mann, P.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think that was a veiled shot at champ

twown likes this.
  6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Hes got CB1 "talent: actually. But as we all know theres a million factors between today and that spot

alleycat9 and All Gas No Shake like this.
  7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I was going to say CB1 but I thought I would be a little conservetive. actually I agree with you......floor CB2...ceiling CB1. Time will tell.

#7 BudJet, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    K'OB and jonnyd like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bryce Hall is Chris Harris Jr., junior

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what about him makes him a guy you think will be a started coming out of college as a 5th round pick? other than fandom.

i got a few responses to this message, thank you to the guys who have responded and given me some information. ill be keeping an eye on this player now because of this thread.

#9 alleycat9, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    KingRoach likes this.
  10. MaximusD163

He was slated to be a 2nd rounder or better If he came out in 2019, but he went back for senior season. He ended up missing most of the season with an injury. Even still many thought he would only drop to the third. COVID stopped team visits, so teams were afraid to take him without their own med check. So he dropped. He’s a very good player. I think he will be starting at some point this year, maybe not week 1.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'll answer, even though the question wasn't for me

Cornerback is a huge weakness on this Jets team. So Hall just has to beat out some "has beens" and "never was" guys to be a starter. I think he can do that.

The thing about Hall is while he is limited athletically, he's a very smart, savvy player. He has good ball skills in coverage and finds himself naturally in good position in the running game as well. Both of those things lend themselves well to getting playing time right away. Williams will need him and will use him

alleycat9, twown and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

alleycat9 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. MaximusD163

Austin being the other starter is pretty hopeful. He played better than expected for a rookie 6th round pick... but sometimes I take a poop and it smells better than I expected.

My point is just that to be a good starting caliber CB he will still have to improve dramatically from last year. Simply put, being better than “bad” does not equal “good” so I think the most realistic hope is that Austin is a solid dime CB for the next few years. Hall as a solid starter is a more realistic hope I think.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I mean he started I believe 5 out of the 7 contests he played. With that missing assignment aside (still feel there was more to it then just a missed assignment leading to him being BENCHED) he still showed tons of promise as a good zone corner and he stuck his nose as a run defender.

Going into this year he has a chance to just focus on the game and not rehab, and while he has a lot of good competition, he still has a future outside of the 3-4 vets they brought in or have. Hall meanwhile has more of the pedigree but he is coming off a significant lower leg injury.

Especially with the lack of OTA’s and the like, I’d be surprised if Hall isn’t effectively redshirted for the first part of the year. If he’s not then that’s great but with Wilson, Poole, Hairston, and Desir, there’s enough competition that Hall doesn’t have to rush. Long term I do feel Hall maybe the safer bet to be an impact player just based off potential but I wouldn’t count Bless out yet.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Waiting patiently for DWC to post some YouTube highlights, then explain in 25 paragraphs, what a beast he is.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

guys that responded to me, thank you for the info. hopefully he is healthy and can live up to his potential. hate to see guys get hurt after they would have been drafted high.