Monday Night Miracle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Jun 4, 2020.

1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

If anyone wants 43 minutes of nostalgia in these barren football times (not counting Drew Brees), NFL.com has a spotlight on the Monday Night Miracle.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/run-it-back-the-monday-night-miracle

Kyle Brandt and Peter Schrager relive the thrilling Monday Night matchup from the 2000 season between the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets. Watch the biggest comeback in the history of Monday Night Football.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

One of my best teenage year memories. Season tickets have been in family forever and it was around 98 where I really started appreciating going to live games and being a diehard. By 2000 I was all in. It was a schoolnight and my Dad let me come to the game. We ate pregame at a place called Manny's by Teterboro airport. They ran a bus service to the game for free. The one and only reason we didn't leave that game is because the bus service back to Manny's only ran once the game was over. I'm forever in debt to Manny's.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

That was a good watch! Those guys are pretty good. And I forgot Dennis Miller was in the booth....

4. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

I remember having no voice for two days after and my friend asking me if I was anthrax poisoned (very topical at that time)

a top meadowlands memory for sure

JetsNation06 and Footballgod214 like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

2 days b4 the game I put a hottub on my back patio and ran a tv out there. 1 o'clock in the morning I woke my wife up yelling! She weren't too happy...."You're waking the neighbors!!! Turn that off and get in here!!!"

6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Two crystal-clear memories I have of the Monday Night Miracle ...

1. Sometime in the 2nd Quarter, I got so pissed that I threw my television remote off the balcony of my 2nd floor apartment, where it was almost immediately run over in the street by a truck.
    2. For some reason, I spent the entire 4th Quarter and Overtime standing about 3 feet from the television screen. I don't know why other than I was nervous, and kinda-sorta pacing. But I was by myself with a perfectly good couch (that I spent the first three quarters sitting on) available and still somehow needed to be standing the entire time.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Thanks for that one, brought back a lot of memories.

We were in our favorite Irish pub. Monday night’s were big then, big buffet at halftime. We were hitting the beers but switched over to shots by the 4th quarter.

Thanks again for jogging my memory on Dennis Miller. He was indeed, great in the booth.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I was started work at 5am back then.
    Remember falling asleep with set on “knowing” the game was over.
    Only to wake up just a few minutes before the winning TD thinking WTF just happened.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This was the night after Game 2 of the World series - which I attended. I feel asleep in the 3rd and missed the entire comeback. I had the game recording so when I woke up the next morning to hear that we came back to win I hit play to watch what happened only to find the game ended at the beginning of the 4th.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It was the night after the Subway Series Game 2 when Clemens had his roid-rage blackout and threw the bat shard at Piazza. I attended both games. As a Mets/ Jets fan that comeback helped a lot ; ) Our seats were in the end zone (122) where the Jets did all of the late dramatic scoring. Jumbo's TD was right in front of us. It was glorious.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

I just watched it - it was great. THANKS! Having been at the game I never got to hear the announcers, did not know about Schwarzenegger's prediction, Dennis Miller, etc. BUT, what i do remember from the time was Jason Taylor's prominent egging on the fans as well as crying after the loss. Am I wrong about that? Seems Schrager and Brandt should have included some of that in their analysis.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We must have been sitting fairly close together. My seats for that game were there as well. Facing the field, I was just a little left of center and about 15-25 rows up (don't remember where exactly). The most unbelievable comeback I've ever seen. That it was against the Dolphins made it all that much sweeter! We had taken the bus out, and I don't think any buses left until after the game was over, or we probably would have left by some point at halftime or early 3rd Qtr. The comeback was unbelievable, and boy were we glad we stayed!

I had forgotten about the Curtis TD that was waived off, and then the Dolphins scoring another TD after the Jets had tied the score, and then the Coleman interception, fumble, then another interception. What a game!

Thanks for posting!

#12 NCJetsfan, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  13. LogeSection2RowJ

I was row 26, so yeah we were real close! End zone seats can be bad when all of the scoring is at the other end - or really great when it’s the other way around as was the case that night.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

A great time in NY sports.