How would you rank Dak?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Top 5? Top 10?

Is he worth the money he is asking?

2. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Is he worth the money he's asking for? Hell no! That team is stacked and he still can't get them to the playoffs. So the question is, do you want to let the team decline so you can pay Dak? If I'm Jerruh Jones I'd go with the Red Rocket for less money and likely equal performance.

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He's barely a top 15 QB IMO. He's not a special talent.

In no particular order

Brees
    Brady
    Rivers
    Roethlisberger
    Mahommes
    Wentz
    Cousins
    Wilson
    Stafford
    Ryan
    Garoppolo
    Rodgers
    Watson

Are all QBs I would take before him. And there are guys I rank behind him now that could make a big leap in the near future like I hope Darnold or even his current backup Dalton.

I think Prescott has already peaked too I don't think it's going to get better for him. I envision his game taking steps backwards much like Kaepernick's game did after Harbaugh left to go to college football. Garrett didn't get enough credit for the work he did with him obviously Prescott has things going for him intangible qualities but I think he's a limited QB.

Has he signed his franchise tender yet? I can't believe anyone would turn their nose up at a $33 million payday or whatever the number is for one year's worth of work. He should sign that asap if he hasn't done so.

MoWilkBeast, MJK, themorey and 2 others like this.
  4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Cowgirls is Zeke's team. Not Dak's. Once you stop Zeke, their entire offense is dead in the water. Speaks volumes about how good Dak is.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The answer is definitely no for the top 5 or top 10. I would say about 15 - 20 at this point.

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Average, distinctly average.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'd say aggresively average, but distinctly average will do.

8. Patriot

So would he be the median of the mean?

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think he's a top 10 QB (not top 5 but top 10).

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I ask myself whenver these types of Q's come up,
    If he Isn't a top 10 who is ahead of him. If I can't name 10 then yes...but aorn
    Mahomes
    Wilson
    Brees
    Brady
    Rodgers/Jackson
    Goff/Wentz (Healthy)
    Watson/Dak/Garroppolo/Ryan

11. Patriot

Brook the last time I created a post here, I was crucified. So I am going to suggest to you a better question would be how do you rate Sam Donald? Please post this question otherwise I will be accused again for stirring up shit.

12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

His first year was fantastic but he reduced the read option aspect of his game and turned average. So no, he's not top 10 IMO but he's still franchise.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks guys. I asked because I really like Cowboys. I hate Giants and I hate Eagles and their fans. In a sense they are the enemy of my enemy. Now I see that they are about to pay Dak a ton of money crippling them further. I hope they stay away from signing him long term if it requires 40m a year. get out of here man!

14. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Dak is a generational talent and needs to be paid accordingly. ;)

Anyone notice the (debatably) GOAT QB was never the highest paid and his team became a dynasty?

Anyone notice the (undeniable) NBA Goat was never the highest paid and his team became a dynasty?

I wonder if there’s som sort of correlation between team over self and winning?

15. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Based of current performance, I wouldn't place him in the top 10.

But the cowgirls aren't playing fantasy/madden draft and getting a QB who's is notably better and has no injury concerns isn't going to happen for them so either they stick with Dak or look to to the draft.

16. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

There's always been something about him that I don't like, I don't even know what it is. His numbers are good, like really good, he doesn't turn the ball over, he wins football games but still there's this something hanging over him. He is not top 10 in my opinion but he is in the top half. He isn't worth 40M$ though, Mahomes probably will get that and Dak isn't nearly as good as him.

Brook! and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Dude threw for 4,902 yards last year, only surpassed by one other QB. 4th in TDs thrown. Struggled with interceptions last year, but was still 11th among QBs who started the whole season.

For anyone to say he isn't top 10 is crazy. Net yards per attempt, dude is dominant.

18. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I think he is overrated based on all the really good players around him. Hasn't he had a top 5 OL plus Zeke pretty much every year? Now has Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I always liked him at Mississippi State. I think he's better than what people say he is but they are judging him based on his contract demands than his actual play. He's a good NFL QB.

Even he knows he's not worth the $40 million a year deal he's reportedly "asking for" by the way. Its a negotiation tactic. He doesn't want a long term deal so they will franchise him 2 years in a row. That's $62 million in 2 years if he's franchised. He's gonna get that so he wants the franchise tag

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Dak Prescott is an ascending talent, likely to be in the top 10 QB's for a lot of the next decade.

I'd take Mahomes over him. Toss-up with Watson depending on the makeup of the team.

You want a world is standing on it's head stat? 4 of the top 5 QBR's last year were African-American QB's. 5 of the top 7 too.

The NFL has finally caught up to the reality that college football has changed the pro game. Having more than a few African-American QB's in the league at the same time was unheard of until 2013 or so and now they're among the very best and also the youngest that the NFL has to offer. If Kaepernick had not been rail-roaded the representation in the top 10 would likely be even higher.

Brook! likes this.