I wonder if Sam is starting to wish he was drafted by the Browns...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jerryjeudy, May 24, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

In conclusion . . . don't be a mardy tool. Not you, of course.

[​IMG]

Mardy tool = Brainglish (British/American - English hybrid diaspora New York, NY).

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  2. jetophile

No way. Doesn't act edgy, stroke out, get disproportionately angry, and unleash a trail of expletives if mildly criticized or challenged. Besides he showed up some months ago as himself, only he didn't give himself enough time to act edgy, stroke out, get disproportionately angry, and unleash a trail of expletives if mildly criticized or challenged. You guys really suck at 'get the guest'.

3. jetophile

Br4d likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think you’re giving whoever this fool is way too much credit. He’s clearly just a Patriots or Bills or Dolphins fan, potentially a Giants fan, that has absolutely nothing better to do during quarantine so he found an angle and he’s working it. The audience keeps reacting so why wouldn’t he keep doing it? I think he saw what DWC was doing and realized the perfect formula for annoying people.

5. jetophile

I'm going to keep reacting just like when people say the whole cheating thing with the Patriots, it's old amd stale, come up with something else. I don't care if becomes older than the Parthenon, I'm still doing it. I mean, OJ's still a murderer, right?

The point is, a handful of US don't have much to do during quarantine. You can only sort dry spaghetti by size so many times. He's not getting attention in the way I had hoped because he's been banned, which really is too bad. So much lost potential.

He was building to a huge flame out. A shame.

6. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

All of you guys may be right. However, the biggest similarity i see is to his last appearance where he insisted Gase should be fired after 3 games or whatever. He would then feed his own threads by arguing with everyone so that he constituted at least a 1/3 of the thread. That's the biggest similarity I see, and it wouldnt surprise me that he would change his name rather than "own up" to the ridiculousness of his last posts

There's also a bit of the "I'm smarter than everyone else" and "will take on all comers" (because I'm otherwise deprived of any attention whatsoever) attitude

Anyway, the gimmick is lame at this point: we get the message JJ is god; Jets were stupid; poster named JJ is god too or at least his messenger

Yankjetfan likes this.
  7. jetophile

I'll tell you what I suspected a long time ago, and everyone can laugh all they want. This was before your time, but RebelMike/AtlantaMike/RevisofNazareth made three attempts to reinvent himself. His last incarnation, you want to talk about eerily similar tonality. When he came back as RevisofNazareth, he suddenly had this forced edgy tone that kept escalating.

I suspected it straight out of the box, including most of the shared opinions when looked at as a whole. If @The Waterboy has some free time, check and see when one left and the other appeared (NotSatoshi). Now of course I know the demographic is completely different (South vs North), but it's downright uncanny. If it was him, I don't think he could have ever been able to hold off from saying something creepy about the South, be able to keep up the charade so long about hunting, or be so expert about not slipping up with people who never bought into his bullshit transformation into Mr. Edgy Tough Guy.

That being said, for observational purposes only, the similarities are striking. I mean, if I ever came back as somebody else how long would it take for anyone on here who's known me long enough to figure it out as much as I tried to hide it? You have to be as good as Tom Ripley to get away with it. Who you are always manages to bleed through if you keep it up long enough.

I outed raiderjoe as a fraud years ago because I caught him doing something when he thought no one was looking. Remember how he used to post like a chimp? I never bought it, and I honestly think 75% of the board didn't really buy it, either, but it was an amazing troll job.

One day he was posting his usual nonsense and he made an absolutely physically impossible typo, characters that he would have had to have pressed the SHIFT key to accomplish. My brow furrowed. In a nanosecond, he caught himself and edited it out. Too late. Busted. He never, ever, came back after that. RIP, raiderjoe. It was too bad, really. It actually would have been very funny if he had just admitted it and faced the music.

"Krom!" <== Of course that wasn't me, I just did that for the old-timers. It was one of the more amusing duplicate accounts. I have my suspicions about BuffaloPhysco, btw. SEE ABOVE.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Rebel Mike joined October 6, 2004 last post July 6, 2006, Mississippi Jet joined September 12, 2008 changed his name to RevisofNazareth and last posted November 17, 2012
    Couldn't find residue of Atlanta Mike

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Notsatoshi used to go by LongTimeJetFan and he was a moderator on the site. He was never RevisofNazareth, not remotely.

Brook! likes this.
  10. jetophile

LongTimeJetFan, hah, I forgot all about that guy, and I never forget anything. More like I was on respite at the time, so no connection to be made. Well, that puts that to bed for life; but you have to admit the style is pretty damn close.

11. jetophile

One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, four Mississippi . . .

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Not to be confused with Long Time Jet Fan. Blackest day in American History, now there was a thread

13. jetophile

I was gone for a year once, then gone for year a different time, and then for 7 years straight. I missed a ton, but I did manage to piece an awful lot together. The weird part was, whenever I did check in during any of that complete non-pattern - sometimes it was a couple of times a month, other times a couple of years apart or more - I almost always happened to read when something flame-worthy or the shit storm of the century was happening.

Probably two of the best flame outs were TALKHOST (Dino Costa) and joejet. Another turd worthy of mention was JetsIn2004. I don't hate anybody, but that guy pushed my buttons in all the wrong ways. I don't mean personal attack-wise or anything like that, just everything about him over the internet is someone I'd never want to meet in person. A show off blowhard, all he ever did was talk down to people and about how much money he had. "Well, if you can't afford Direct TV, then you shouldn't complain when games are blacked out." "Well, if you can't afford season tickets, then shouldn't complain about scalping prices on Patterson Plank Road." "Well, if you don't drive a BMW, then you shouldn't complain about how much tires are costing you." What a tool. He finally got banned, was let back on, and then started up again. I couldn't stand that guy.

And here's something he pulled that pissed me off the most, mostly because if it wasn't true, then he was a tool times 10. KOZ as well a few others were getting sick of his shit and this really nice poster - his name will come to me, but he hasn't posted in years - finally told him to fuck right off, that no-one gave a shit about what he owned. Shortly after that, someone started a 'What's Your Screen Saver?' thread, and JetsIn2004 said, "I have pictures of my 2 year old baby girl on there. She died of a heart condition." KOZ felt bad and said OK, I was a little harsh, I'm sorry about your kid, that's terrible. If that guy was lying about that, then he was a gigantic POS, let alone an insufferable one. I didn't say a word, because it was just too convenient, especially since he was on thin ice. You'd like to think that people wouldn't pull that kind of card because who the fck would do something like that? Oh, wait, Green Hornet . . .

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Trolls happen in a rotating pattern on TGG. There are the Russian trolls, the Chinese trolls and then the ones where sheer stupidity or malice or both are the only viable precursors.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sam will be fine as long as we can prevent him from logging onto TGG and seeing this thread

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sam is wondering why he got stuck with Gase :mad:

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

In fairness, their O line sucked last year. Even compared to the Jets.

18. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Sam will be fine, though not having multiple reliable receivers who can consistently get open and provide easy targets will stunt his development

It will simply take him longer to reach his potential, and it’s possible his ultimate ceiling may wind up being a bit lower as a result

Say what you want about the Browns organization; at least they tried to surround Baker with multiple veteran receivers who have played at a Pro-Bowl level

Landry and OBJ were great signings for that reason alone

Sam would kill right now for even 1 Pro-Bowl WR

That’s the crux of my argument for Jeudy over Becton

They could have taken the top LT on the board in Round 2 if drafting one this year was the plan

This idea that only Round 1 LTs can be good starters is totally bunk

WRs like Jeudy are very rarely available in the NFL draft, and when they are, usually they are taken very highly

The Jets finally had a chance to get a real top-tier weapon for Sam and they predictably blew it

The Broncos got a tremendous steal this year

And the Jets continue to be clueless in understanding what attributes to look for in the modern-day NFL WR

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You're repetitive. You're boring. You're repetitive. You're boring. Weren't you banned? You're repetitive. You're boring. You're repetitive. You're boring. You're repetitive. You're boring. Weren't you banned? You're repetitive. You're boring. You're repetitive. You're boring. You're repetitive. You're boring. Weren't you banned? You're repetitive. You're boring. You're repetitive. You're boring. You're

#79 joe, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    The Waterboy and Jerryjeudy like this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Curious to get your take on who the Jets should have taken at 11.

Jerryjeudy likes this.