Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

yes i agree with u he certainly will not win us a sb :mad:

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If we are trash this year, I have no problem trading him next year before the draft for picks/capital. It looked like JD had complete control during that draft with moving around so giving him more ammunition To play with is fine by me.

3. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i've said it before; safety stats are a bit like offensive rebounds. they're also (not solely) a reflection of poor play in front of him (just as offensive rebounds relfect more missed shots)

maybe we can trade him to jacksonville or the like for another disgruntled star and settle up the difference with future picks

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

We can only go by what the article reports, and it’s about timing. He wants an extension this year, and Douglas doesn’t have to give it to him. We have him for two more years so there’s no need to do anything, pay or trade him.

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

We also could use the Franchise Tag on him so technically it could be 3 more years.

6. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Paying a SS two years early sets a awful precedent and isn't exactly a winning formula ....I say trade him now while his value is at its a peak and before his mouth becomes a problem...I like Adams but his value is getting blown out of proportion the team will win 6 games with him or without him.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'd like to trade him to a team the Jets play this season, so when he comes off the edge to try to sack Sam, Becton can pancake him and send him to Mars.

You do have to wonder if he is a Joe Douglas guy? I don't think he is. I've said it before, Jamal would be a perfect FINAL piece to some team's championship puzzle. Not sure I want to build a team around him with his Me-First attitude as the face of it. And by not sure, I mean I don't at all. Now he is acting like he is bigger and better than the team and it just comes off as pathetic and ungrateful. Also, it under minds the basic rules of the NFL. He was drafted, he was given a 4 year deal with a 5th year option, he should honor that.

One more thing: He has played really well. He should want and receive a new contract, but he has went about it all the wrong way. I mean almost as wrong as you could possibly go. Disappointing.

8. UK jet

UK jet Member

Reports suggest Douglas wants a 1st and 3rd for Adams
    Not enough especially if it's from Dallas

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would also need at least Michael Gallup along with maybe another pick.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if douglas traded adams it would make me instantly hate him

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If it’s all timing and not money then I have confidence it’ll work out. Unless Jamal REALLY wants to be a huge pain in the ass. Trading him should be the absolute last resort and we better get the farm in return. A first and a third is not a good trade.

12. The Dark Knight

Me too if it was October 2019. Now? May 2020, I would definitely understand the decision. I wouldn't do it though. Especially not before the season. Maybe after the 2020 season if he truly doesn't change his attitude.

13. UK jet

UK jet Member

If the reports are true(sports illustrated)
    Then hopefully 1st and 3rd is just a starting block
    I still don't want him traded but if he's being unreasonable then it's inevitable

14. JetBlue

That’s the thing, he’s a great player that deserves to get paid if he continues to perform, and preferably by the Jets. I’m all for Douglas giving him an extension now if his cap hit doesn’t change significantly over the next two years, and he captures his payday in the third year but I suspect that’s not what he wants.

When trying to turn around a team, a great safety is a luxury and not one you burden your cap with. Douglas is better off simply taking advantage of what he brings over the next two years at his current contract, even if it means losing him subsequently, than paying him and hindering his ability to build the team for the next five years. If we are contenders in two years he can franchise Adams and get another year out of him.

but a player that has made as much noise as Adams is better off being moved if you can get a fair return. I agree, I don’t think Douglas feels any attachment to Adams and would gladly move him, and this is a situation that will likely define him as a GM.

15. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

He asked for a 1st and 2 2nd before I doubt he dropped much if any. He has total control on the best safety in the league.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I don't see any attitude form him. he's the best safety in the NFL and wants to get paid like one. I don't see the issue personally

Aero, Mogriffjr and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

I don't either, and I think a lot of this stuff is fluff right now, but if I had to entertain a trade - ima need a lot of pieces in return.

18. The Dark Knight

You don't see ANY? Then you must be Jamal Adams. :D Pretty clear to see otherwise.

CotcheryFan, JetBlue and J-Raw24 like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

Agreed, people are making this too big of a deal. Especially Jet fans.

20. JetBlue

To be fair, some of us still suffer from post traumatic Revis syndrome; be a bit sympathetic.