Rumor: Jets Expect to Sign Logan Ryan (Signs with Giants)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJFOREVER, May 12, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, if he wants that much money, then good luck to him. Maybe the Giants or Dolphins will pay it.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Add Snacks to that list

3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I can add a ton to it. I mean Jason Peters, Wes Welker, Jeff Saturday... if you wanna go back a ways Night Train Lane, Lou Groza. But I was just proving a point.

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

When did this guy become a big money shut corner? Is what I want to know.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

After the latest A+ dumb ass move by the two numb nuts CB below, I think his services might be more wanted. LOL. How stupid can some people be?
    "(CNN)Police in southeast Florida have issued arrest warrants for two NFL players for armed robbery, according to the police department. DeAndre Baker, a cornerback for the New York Giants, and Quinton Dunbar, a cornerback for the Seattle Seahawks, are both wanted for their roles in an alleged armed robbery during a house party on Wednesday night."

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Well just last year he had an excellent year and was in the discussion for DPOY.
    Also had a real nice run with the Pats.
    It’s not like he doesn’t have an excellent resume of play.
    The pick 6 to end Br*dys run with the Pats is just nice gravy lol

I think he needs the right system to thrive, as opposed to a Revis type that can handle any role.
    However it does seem like a nice fit here, he’d add a lot of value to the D, and I’m confident Williams would put him in a position to succeed.
    All depends on asking price imo.
    I’d love to bring him on at a reasonable price.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  7. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

When was he in the discussion for DPOY. He wasn't even ranked in the top 50 cbs on anyone's list? Show us this. Because it didn't happen. He had a good year in the nickel. He is below average on the outside and not a big game changer. In fact the pick 6 was about the only thing people will remember.

K'OB likes this.
  8. WarriorRB28

LOL defensive player of the year. A award like that more often than not is usually reserved for HOF type of players or players that have a HOF caliber season same goes for league MVP and offensive player of the year not a player like this.

In this day & age the NFL's standards seem to be dropping quite a bit so I can't say I'm totally shocked you said that but still I find that veeeery hard to believe this guy was ever given any serious consideration for that award.

Are you sure you're not mistaking that for a defensive player of the week award consideration?

9. WarriorRB28

The Jets should pull the offer either he wants to be here or he doesn't.

To me it's clear he doesn't want to be here he's holding out for some other team to pay him a penny more than the Jets offer to sign there. If he doesn't get a better offer what kind of effort will he give the Jets? After seeing the results from some of the Jets signings in recent years that should be a concern.

Cman68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  10. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah as really does not sound like he wants to be here at all. Not the first nor will be the last player to do that.

11. After the ESPN interview i dont even want him on the team. Getting played by a former patty cake

101GangGreen101 and K'OB like this.
  12. WarriorRB28

What happened with this guy? Did the Jets pull their offer?

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Mehta wrote another article and did a pod cast today sticking by his story that the Jets still believe he will sign with them. Costello ran another story today that Logan is asking for $10 million. Both stories seem to be in conflict but from my perspective I don't see anything backing up Mehta's claim other than Mehta doubling down on it. I am not going to deny that Mehta is sometimes right but sometimes he posts things simply for page hits. At this point in the off-season with nothing going it is likely the purpose of his story. The bad thing is I fell for it and not only read his article but also listened to his podcast but I guess would rather listen to Mehta Jet news than no Jet news. I find his podcasts rather annoying and full of self serving and self promoting statements but every once in a long while he does a really good informative podcast. He did a couple during last years training camps that I thought were really good.

#173 Noam, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I doubt the Jets would pull their offer, I just doubt Mehta’s report that it was so close.

I heard him on a podcast last week and he sounded pretty unsure of himself. I wonder if he’s getting false information now. If there is any cohesiveness on the team, people likely won’t really want to talk to him as much after that nonsense with the Wyatt twitter account.

The reason Ryan is still available is the same as the reason Clowney is: they overplayed their hand and held out for too much money. Whoever gets them at this point will probably get a significant discount.

Mr mittens and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. Exactly right. I agree with Logan Ryan though, that he has no need to rush now. He overplayed his hand, like you said, and now there really is no urgency to sign. He could even wait to see if a top CB gets hurt in camp before signing now if he wants. Clowney too, but I think he will still eventually get close to what he wants.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Hopefully not from us.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

You’re right about no urgency, however I doubt either will get much. The cap ramifications of COVID-19 remains to be seen and will be a worry however. I don’t see any team willing to spend $20mm per year or even close for Clowney based simply on that. In any other year it might be different, but who would do that at this point?

All of the teams rumored for his services seem be pretty firm in their valuation of his services. The Jets, Titans, Browns, Seahawks and Dolphins were the main teams if I remember right.

18. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

From what I've read the Jets have yet to make an offer to him. They're probably waiting till he has to beg to be on the roster. JD is no pushover

J-Raw24 likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Manish sources are fire(d).

The Dark Knight likes this.