Rumor: Jets Expect to Sign Logan Ryan (Signs with Giants)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJFOREVER, May 12, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Would you cut WR George Campbell for a proven veteran?

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Let's see we could replace a rookie with an average slot receiver would is below average on the outside when we already have an equal or better slot receiver. No I would try for the kid who maybe able to play outside at an average or above level. Rather than guarantee money and a roster to a player that maybe worse in that position. And that is before considering the ages. One is 28 and literally at the end of his career.

3. BroadwayAaron

"28 and literally at the end of his career" is a sentence that you can't actually write.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. J-Raw24

Most cbs and wr fall off by 30. He could play longer. Most likely at a much lower level. He isn't very good to begin with. So if he continues to play it will be at a much lower level. So give up a chance for a decent player for multiple years. Or sign a vet that may play well a year, and will either be a rental or fall off in talent and just soak up money like Revis 2015. I'll take the kid.

Jets69 likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

You really have yourself convinced that Logan Ryan isn't that good. Not worth getting into a convo if that's the case.

6. J-Raw24

I haven't convinced myself. He isn't a top 50 cb in anyway. He's not that good. He had an ok year because of being in the slot and having a great DC. Just like Poole. On the outside he is below average at best.

Jets69 likes this.
  7. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

Bart Scott

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The net result of signing Ryan likely means one extra comp pick in 2022. With all our one year contracts it seems a good bet that we will lose more FAs than we sign and gain comp picks in 2021. If Ryan has a good year in 2020 well then it might be high comp pick. Is that worth the salary? Most likely as we will are in good cap shape next year. All these one year contracts have me very excited about finally cashing in on some comp picks. I love that finally are becoming a team that seems to be using strategic thinking in manipulating the draft and FAs.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  9. J-Raw24

Or he doesn't sign until after the deadline and we get nothing. Not everyone we signed will net a comp pick. Most teams just have to wait until after the deadline and pick them up. Titans will not receive a comp pick when he is signed to wherever he signs for this exact reason.

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

That is the gamble in giving guys prove it one year deals. If they do well hoping to cash in they may sign fast. But, even if Logan has a poor year it might give better guidance to his true value and help him sign quicker.But, you are right not all of our FAs will likely sign before the deadline next year but if we have enough of them more will and we will likely end up with more comp picks. Guys like Winters, Jenkins, Poole, Logan, Desir, etc and all play in demand positions which should help us next year.

11. J-Raw24

Logan turns 30 this year at a position that declines at around 30. Unless he has a great year he will not be a priority. Also he is only good in the slot, where Poole plays. Outside he is below average. So unless we play him in the slot and move Poole I seriously doubt he has a good year. If we do that I would expect decline from Poole who is young and will be more in demand next year if he plays well. Again signing Ryan is a waste.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The longer this drags on, it indicates one of two things:

1. JD isn't interested in paying him what he wants.
    2. JD MIGHT sign him if he lowers his price enough and takes a 1 year prove it deal.

I don't think he's coming to the Jets.

Jets81 and J-Raw24 like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're hilarious! You obviously think you know more than Douglas, Gase and Williams. Good luck with that!

Noam likes this.
  14. J-Raw24

As there is no sign of us signing him atm. I would assume Douglas knows he is not worth what he is asking as well. Hence why he made his comments on gmfb. William's hasn't mention wanting him or been tied to him in anyway. And I think a rodeo clown may know more than Gase honestly. Hence why the offensive guru hasn't had an offense inside the top 25 since Manning was running it for him.

Jets69 and Sec124DieHard like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

His price expectation is too steep. I think that's probably the only thing that has kept us from signing him already.

Douglas wouldn't have contacted him and be interested in signing him if Williams didn't like or want him or if Douglas himself didn't think that Ryan was a good player and could help the team. You don't know more than either of them, so you really need to check your ego.

16. J-Raw24

Again the proof is there. He hasn't been a top 50 corner in the league. He is best in the slot. And below average outside. If he was good there wouldn't be 50 better corners out there. Douglas probably contacted him for the same reason he did others. Due diligence. And he has said that he asks the coach for the TYPE of player they want and tries to get that even if it ISN'T the player they want. Also there is no sign Douglas knows anything about corners yet. So to assume he does gets us nowhere. I have Hope's for Douglas. But Ryan isn't a great corner. He's a good nickel. Nothing more.

Jets69 likes this.
  17. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

vaGiants are probably going in on Ryan now with the Baker situation.

Sign him ASAP

FJF likes this.
  18. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

So the jets have probably a 5-6 million offer out there for him but he thinks he should get more and he’s trying to drive it up with late stage syphilitic Mehta helping him.

Happy to see JD isn’t chasing or bidding against himself.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Time to move on.

20. BroadwayAaron

Yup fuck that if true. Not sure that it is but if he’s trying to get in a pissing contest over it just say no thanks.

Would love to watch the Giants spend all that money to replace their first round pick from a year ago.