Intriguing Oline Situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, May 5, 2020.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm down with this scenario. Just because that side of the team has been abandon for almost a decade. Its time for the Jets offense to put the hurt on opposing teams defenses.

2. boozer32

i like the two UDFA WR. Cager is big and Campbell has good size and very fast. Hopefuly one or both can step up. I mean they have no chouce the position is wide open. If not them then some other team castoff during final cuts.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Jets should trade Gase, Gore and next year’s #1 draft pick for Jeudy

UK jet and boozer32 like this.
  4. boozer32

And some gatorade.

Jerryjeudy and UK jet like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sign this beast and cut Winters

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That would be a nice. Icing on the cake of a great o-line rebuild in one off-season. Becton-Lewis-McGovern-Walford-Fant. Pretty strong starters with solid depth in Van Roten, Harrison, Clark, Edoga.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, if the Jets can't win with that OL then Gase needs to be shown the door quickly even if it's in the middle of the season.

8. 101GangGreen101

Lets not make this a Gase thing please ... but this would be an upgrade for sure, one of the steadiest guards in the league (top 10). I think the Saints cut him because he wasn't athletic enough and didn't fit the scheme ... well Winters ain't athletic either.

9. 101GangGreen101

Man I would love to grab Walford AND Jason Peters ... but I doubt we have enough cap for that.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hear ya. I wasn't trying to make it a Gase thing, but imo even with a subpar WR corps, Gase would have no excuses for not winning with that OL and the D we have. I think he will win with the OL we have, and would certainly win with that OL. As the saying goes, "I was just sayin'....

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Cut Winters & bring in Waford. No-brainer for me.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Wow, Warford would seem like a great signing. He's already had an impressive career at RG and still only 29. It's perfect in that Alex Lewis and Van Roten have been LGs, I believe, so each of them could compete for one starting spot while Warford slides in at RG. Not that Van Roten and Lewis seems like a bad set of guards, but if Warford is a fit for this OL, you have to try to bring him in. Already have $7m+ to essentially swap out if you cut Winters in a corresponding move. This would kind of remind of the Alan Faneca signing.

13. Winters IS athletic & fits our scheme.Hes good on reach/angle blocks & as well as combos. He just has bad anchor in pass pro & doesnt get much of a push in the running game.

Point isnt to defend Winters just pointing out the style player he is. If Warford isnt athletic enough for Saints I doubt hes a fit in the wide split zone scheme being implemented by the jets.Maybe they’re willingbto sacrifice alil athleticism to get a steady rock like him in here but it wont be bc hes a scheme fit or an athletic upgrade to Winters.

Im all for the move.Then either a trade or a supplemental pick on another need like WR,CB or edge

#33 KurtTheJetsFan, May 8, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2020
    ColoradoContrails and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

Jets need an upgrade and need to move on from Winters, he might fit the scheme but he doesn't do anything well on that line. Very much below average to average and I've seen defenders blow right by Winters. I don't need to put on those Browns game to watch Winters look like he's lost. I would always sacrifice a "small amount" of athleticism (give that margin is even noticeable). Dude was pass blocking for Brees for years and everyone knows interior pressure makes Brees subpar.

#34 101GangGreen101, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020