2020 Jets Schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 4, 2020.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You forgot Seattle BUT I think the Chargers and Rams both are winnable......you could be right. I think anywhere from 6 to 9 wins depending on injuries and luck. I’m not expecting playoffs I still think they are another offseason away....2021 could be a pot of gold if things go as planned.

NYJetsO12 and KWJetsFan like this.
  2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Worst case 6 wins. Best case 9 wins.

That seems about right to me.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The negative response to the schedule is more about fans' lack of confidence in the Jets, than the difficulty of the schedule. At least that is how I see it. If you had more confidence in the roster, or the coaching staff, you'd find the schedule to be completely reasonable. Like I said earlier, besides the Chiefs and Seahawks games, every game is winnable. So to predict 5 wins, or 6 or 7, it's much more of a reflection on the Jets, than it is the "difficult" schedule.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

According to an article I read yesterday, unless those players have already signed up for the Supplemental Draft, it's too late. The only way that they could still make it is if something happens with their eligibility status.

#124 NCJetsfan, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I hope the Jets will find a nice hotel or resort to stay and a place to practice out West and just stay there for a week or two, rather than flying back and forth. With the difference in airfare it may be cheaper, and it certainly would be less wearing on the players.

6. NCJetsfan

Great thinking, Joe!

7. NCJetsfan

I'm curious who do you see as our wins? I look at our schedule, and I think at a minimum we should have 7 wins, and maybe as many as 9, or even 10.

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

In regards to both Miami games only being separated by a BYE week - that has to be the first time that has happened since the BYE week was introduced in 1990. I know the same teams have played twice in three weeks but there was always another game played in between not a BYE week. It did happen in the AFL years as previously mentioned. Without checking I want to say 1963 due to the JFK assassination weekend games being rescheduled.

Very odd scheduling doing that intentionally - can anyone recall that happening in recent years with any team?

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

We are logging the 2nd most travel miles in franchise history per Cimini. That's brutal. Also an o-line that has to gel against 2 of the league's best defenses in week 1 and 2. A bad WR corp unless someone proves otherwise. A QB with potential but isn't there yet. 6 wins is probably way more realistic than 9

10. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

Disclaimer; I'm a Bill's fan.

Excited to see a rematch of last year's Week 1 game, but this time at our house. Division games are always tough. The Bills will have two advantages this time around, home field advantage, and a stable roster that will help mitigate the effects of this shortened pre-season. The Bills are bringing their entire O-Line back intact this year, and that will be a big advantage. I think the Jet's O-Line will be much better this year but it will take a few games for them to gel. I'm glad the BIlls get the Jets Week 1 because of it.

It will be a close game no matter what, just like last year.

SOJAZ and Footballgod214 like this.
  11. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Can we be realistic? Come on.

Of course New England still gets the #1 pick. Morgan tosses six TD's, and then we flip him for a low first-rounder.

#131 twown, May 8, 2020
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wait a minute- @miami, bye week, home Miami

we’re they drunk when they made that schedule?

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thanks.. I agree

Will edit my post to reflect a Seattle loss..we may win against chargers but I am not sure about both LA Teams

14. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Very good point. I still don't think they're rolling with Stidham either. Maybe they sign Cam or make a move for another quarterback. Unless Belichick is really in on tanking for Lawrence.

I'm just waiting for him to coax Andrew Luck out of retirement on the promises of playing behind the only offensive line in the NFL that consistently gets away with holding.

16. UK jet

UK jet Member

Lots of winnable games there
    Chiefs,49ers and Seattle only ones which could get brutal to watch

The Dark Knight and Brook! like this.
  17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Bills are the better team and Beane has built an impressive roster. It all depends on Allen and how he continues to develop. Same goes for Darnold. I think being the home team in week one could be a disadvantage. Imagine the Jets and Bills playing at New Era in front of 72,000 empty seats. Then later in the year when fans probably (hopefully) can attend the Bills will have to play at MetLife in front of the Jets fans. This will be the 3rd time in 4 years the Bills and Jets have met week 1. With Brady out of the division I could see the rivalry really heating especially with Darnold and Allen as the two best QB's in the division. I bet the league is hoping for another Marino/Kelly situation that the Bills and Dolphins had only this time with the Jets and Bills.

Inigo Montoya likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The line will be stunted by any practice time missed. Really going to need to lean on the running game early

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I was kinda wrong about weeks 3 to 6 looking like the soft spot on the schedule.

I forgot that Rivers is in Indianapolis now and that Arizona traded for Hopkins.

Brutal schedule.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Heavy dose of Bell, Herndon and Griffin early on. A lot of teams will be going through the same thing in terms of lost time. Rivers, his offensive line and receivers for the Colts for example.

#140 101GangGreen101, May 8, 2020
    FJF likes this.