2020 Jets Schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 4, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We clinched the playoff spots in 2006 against them. I was at that game. That was awesome.

mrjet80 and J-Raw24 like this.
  2. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I'm looking at this schedule and I'm seeing 5-11.

Will that be enough to doom Gase?

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

How and where do you watch the other 2 games? :)

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yes. That would be enough, because I see 8-11 wins being possible. Unless the whole team gets injured again, 5 would be unacceptable. That is not going to happen though. I think the Jets will have a good season.

FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This is what worries me the most. The lack of TC means new teams like the Jets will have very limited time to gell.

Teams returning almost intact from 2019 with one or two more superstars will have a huge advantage.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I’m looking at this schedule, and I’m seeing... a schedule.

We already knew who we were playing, and where. Rotating divisions mean that unlike last year, we play better teams. If it’s true (Mannish) that we asked for Seattle/LA back to back in order to stay out there, why wouldn’t we have instead asked for LA/LA back to back and not have to fly at all? It’s not like LA to Seattle is like NY to Philly. It’s still a significant flight. Perhaps the LA teams objected as to not provide that advantage to us. What a great fan trip that could’ve been? Travel to LA, stay 8 days to see two games in that incredible stadium against two different teams. (Virus permitting)

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sam, Bell and Gase aren't new. We aren't really new. Just improved.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

thats a brutal schedule folks. 5 wins.

sozopol likes this.
  9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Just grab the best seats I can on stubhub and drive down with the guys. Typically go earlier in the year when it’s warmer and the atmosphere is still good.

Brook! likes this.
  10. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

It's way too early to really judge this schedule. We have no clue what Miami will be, what the Rams or Chargers or Raiders will be (good, bad, or anything in between) even the 9ers and Chiefs Super Bowl teams suffer from hangovers all the time. What we're so afraid of the Bills? We should've beaten them twice last year. Patriots have no Brady. Colts will have Rivers tossing Favre "I don't give a fuck" int's left and right.

Schedule is a complete ?

11. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

I’m excited to see the Jets play every week

But it’s going to be very interesting to see Jeudy matchup against the Jets secondary

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he starts drawing double teams by mid-season, probably not by Week 4 though

I don’t know Jeudy or Tua personally, but I’ve watched nearly all of Jeudy’s college tape, and I’ve heard that Tua believes Jeudy was far and away the best Alabama WR on the team

Becton is probably going to be a beast as long as he stays healthy

I just want what’s best for Darnold’s development

This will be the 3rd year where he is throwing to a bunch of garbage WRs besides Crowder, who I like quite a bit in his current role

Good LTs are hard to come by in the draft, but so are good WRs if you are the New York Jets and you keep passing on the can’t miss prospects like Jeudy

If the goal of being an OL is to be a great blocker, and the goal of a WR is to get open, then Jeudy is objectively better than Becton — the game tape proves that Jeudy creates the most consistent separation and throwing windows in bigtime college football over the past few years

Becton was not the best blocking OL in college football

Jets WRs in general have consistently sucked at getting open — that’s the worst thing for a very young QB like Darnold

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I didn’t see it posted anywhere but the preseason schedule was released also. Again it’s the Giants for the first game - I kind of like this. Playing them in week 3 with the starters for most of the game is kind of nerve wracking - the snoopy bowl gets a little too intense for preseason. The next game is in Detroit which is scheduled for ESPN. Then it’s the Steelers at Met Life and the usual Eagles slop fest to close....

13. mrjet80

The Jets will beat them this year too.....

14. mrjet80

That’s what I was thinking. They’re staring at an 0-2 start but not looking too bad immediately following. Yes the two weeks out west is rough but smart of JD to request back to back weeks out there - easier on the body. Seattle will be tough but the Rams are very beatable.

SOJAZ, Jonathan_Vilma and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it might have been advantageous to catch the Patriots early in the year before they get the new post-Brady life fully figured out. Maybe get them off balance a little.

Instead.…. that looks like it might be a little bit of a bad break.

Jonathan_Vilma and twown like this.
  16. mrjet80

I’m guessing it’s a case of ‘don’t push your luck‘......whoever the second team would have been in that arrangement would have pitched a fit as you suggested. The WC teams always have a hard time flying east - and I would guess they’re not about to make it easy on an EC team flying west.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hear ya. Those guys are set. But our entire o-line hasn't played a single game to gether...they'll need a few games to get. Plus our WR core is brand new, Sam will need time to build chemistry...that kinda stuff.

18. mrjet80

It depends on what type of 5-11 season it is. If the Jets have more injury problems, get bad breaks, but continue to grow, play hard and perhaps look better as the OL gels and the season goes on then no. Remember it is a rough schedule including 2 WC trips with one of them being a ‘doubleheader’ of sorts.

The Jets would have to come apart at the seams for Gase not be back in 2021. Just my honest opinion.

For the record I’m not expecting playoffs I think they’re still at least another year - including another offseason to assemble talent - away.

#118 mrjet80, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    sozopol likes this.
  19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Tough schedule but IMO the division is completely up for grabs. I’m not much of a believer in any AFC East team and 8-8 might just get it done

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

There are 7 winnable games here..to get to the playoffs and 9 wins will mean Wins versus: Patriots (at least once), against one of the LA Teams (Rams or Chargers) and against the Browns in December..3 Games we need and ton of luck and perhaps a stretch (?)

Probable losses: chargers Seahawks chiefs rams 49ers ,both against the Bills and 1 against Pats (8}

So prayerfully 9-7

#120 NYJetsO12, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    The Dark Knight likes this.