It’s all on you Adam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, May 4, 2020.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Gotta start somewhere man.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I wasn't all that disappointed with Morton's offense..

3. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Morton was actually pretty good

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think him shelling up the and throwing two tightends on the field vs. the Ravens, Bills, Steelers, etc. and playing defensive not to lose football. Running on some 3rd and longs just to punt and play field position. Why do you think Daniel Brown and Wesco got so much run at the end of the year?

It's not about knowing more about football. It's a difference of opinion. He was dealt a 16 against a king with a king in the hole. He didn't do a good job at all in the beginning of the season. But honestly have you ever seen a quarterback instantly have to retreat like Sam did on so many plays? Have you ever seen a tightend (aforementioned Daniel Brown) miss the same chip block on a bootleg 3 times in a game?

I've also never seen an offensive tackle get dominated like Edoga did against Yannick Ngakoue. I thought that was LT out there.

We'll see. If we don't see a strong offensive improvement and an 8-8 or better record he should be fired.

I liked Morton's offense a lot. Could never understand why he got the boot for Jeremy Bates. Just another scape goat for Bowled and Dunbar.

dawinner127, themorey, Cman68 and 3 others like this.
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Morton wasn’t on par with what Todd wanted wasn’t that the reason? Then we got Bates and we know how that turned out...

6. Morton became a scapegoat so that Bowles could keep his buddy Rodgers at DC. He blamed Morton Taking too long to get offensive play calls in & for the lack of running game(Despite the passing game & overall offense showing good progress).

7. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

for people asking about proof of gase being bad he has not done a single thing without manning that resembles a top 10 offense actually he has put together a bottom 5 offense 5 yrs running. So this is just not a track record with the jets that must be taken into account but his time in Miami as well. You would think just once in 5 yrs he would put together a top 10 offense if he is such a guru.
    For people who won't accept these facts please stop living in denial about what Gase has shown through out his career because until he puts up a top 5 offense and a winning record he is what his tats and record is a loosing coach that is no offensive guru
    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/...ius-peyton-manning-sam-darnold-jets-dolphins/
    but instead he has put together bottom 10 offenses since he left Chicago
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/GaseAd0.htm

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No, but it's the point to forums like this.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was responding to this "All of this is proof that Gase failed" No actual proof was presented. Even the fail is simply conjecture and opinion. Glad we agree.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

How many top 10 offenses exist with bottom 10 talent? I'm very neutral on Gase and am willing to see this year out to truly see what he's made of. However, the guy has had shit to work with for 4 years.

11. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

but here you made my point in Miami, Chicago and here more so in Miami and Chicago he had a voice in getting the players. SO if he had shit to work with he brought some of it in. so he takes blame there as well for the oline issues last yr he was here for free agency crap most of the off season so if there was a crap personnel, he should have tried to adress. Yes the former gm takes some of the blame but that blame also goes onto gase.. People are so quick to say injuries but all teams face that. In Miami it was injuries but he had good receivers and some decent lineman what was the excuse there. Ohh he had crap talent but he had a hand in building that team

Gase the coach is failure when comes to metrics and winning, he does not scheme for his players so people blame the players instead of the coach for trying to put them into position to succeed.
    I.E. Landry decent receiver and he ran him out of town in Miami but this is Landry's fault alone right? Or the fact the oline struggled last yr but that took so long to scheme to help them that's the players too

Sorry but his performance is the truth about him until it change.s he has not produced a top offense without a hall of fame qb that changed his plays. He has been living off of denver for 5 yrs with not even coming close to approaching that level of success. People and him blame everyone else instead of the man selling the bill goods that he is an offensive genius.

He is not he has not produced a top 5 offense or even tried to adjust his scheme to the players strengths. Last yr was his best chance at putting together a winning schedule since he did it in Miami and he failed here. You can blame injuries I blame the coach that brought in a back up qb from Miami that could not throw a ball, but you don't blame the coach that brought him from miami and coached him for close to 2 yrs you blame the player for the failure right? What kind of talent evaluate is Gase because you can't say the back up qb failed because he sucked without blaming gase the coach and talent evaluator that brought him to NY.

My point is with his record of failure since Denver he should have never been hired for the Head coach position period. How do you hire a loosing coach who is an offensive guru that has not produced a top 5 offense in the past 5 yrs. He is not an offensive guru and offensive guru finds way to make plays and score points by putting players into position to succeed. HE does not do that but again let's blame the players esp players who have gone onto have good careers post gase because their coaches realized the type of players they were and schemed for them like coaches should do?

This sounded rougher then I intended it to. I dont hate gase the man or person. But Gase the coach is a failure on sooo many levels how he got this job is beyond me. I wish I could perform like he does get excuses for failure and keep getting paid.

#31 rammagen, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

From what my eyes told me last season. And I was wailing about it in the first Buffalo game before we even knew Darnold was sick or Mosley got hurt and things were holding together (albeit barely) and the Jets looked sure to go 1-0, the offensive line just crippled this team. It wasn't just bad, it was unspeakably bad. As much in season repair as possible with Lewis, Compton, Edoga etc got things up to merely "bad" towards the end but in the early going the Jets were just hamstrung.

In my mind you didn't get to see the real Bell or Gase either for that matter. And while the WRs being fairly poor might have compounded things a little bit I think the real problems were up front.

I'm also optimistic that this problem has been addressed 100% as well as the Jets reasonably could have this offseason so hopefully this year Bell will suddenly be a little bit faster and Gase a little bit smarter looking when they actually have a chance to operate. I also hope to see the offensive line working together as a unit in preseason. I totally disagreed with how they never played together last preseason and I think the results bore out that.... although I think its fair to say that a couple of those guys had problems well beyond unit cohesion that we didn't realize at the time.

In my opinion the Jets did just the right thing this year shoring up the OL and taking a measured shot helping the WR group with Mims (whom I'm optimistic on) but not going crazy. Hopefully this group will work out well and THEN we can go find a big time WR guy next year. Trying to do the opposite is not only backwards but inherently more risky as OL prospects seem to pan out at a more dependable rate than WRs do. At least this way we're steadily moving towards league average even if Becton struggles a little bit more than anticipated.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We all talk about Sam should do better in year 2 of Gase's 'system'. I see it the other way around.

GASE should do a better job in year 2 of Sam Darnold's capabilities.

Every QB is unique and comes with different strengths and different weaknesses. The better Gase understands Sam, the better he should be able to coach the offense.

It's not about Sam learning Gase. It's about Gase learning Sam. Look at how much better Gase did calling plays after their famous sit down last season. Let's hope we have a lot more of that.

SOJAZ and rammagen like this.
  14. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I'm certainly no fan of Gase but he deserves a mulligan for last year. The talent level of the team was one of the worst in the NFL before all the injuries and just continued to get worse. The OL was just terrible, really no other way to describe it. And his QB was out or ineffective for the first half of the season. Those are all valuable excuses for getting a mulligan imo.

With that said, I didn't see the creativity on offense like we saw out of DC Williams who also had lots of injuries to deal with. His overall talent level was far higher than the O but he had several glaring holes at LB and CB but was able to mostly scheme them to competence. This is the year to see what Gase can do with an improved OL, a starting QB who has hopefully learned to distance himself from skanks, and his top 2 TEs back.

LAJet, SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I like ur post. Once Sam was back for the 2nd half, Gase did a pretty good job. We were #1 in opening drive TDs there for a while. So we know Gase can script the first series pretty good.

themorey likes this.
  16. Im judging Gase this yr on W-L & overall competence on gameday & otherwise.

i expect very little from his O bc the OL will take time to gel & the WR corps is still hot garbage.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Ugh. The built in excuse in May.

18. There are at least 4-5 aspects w Gase where there will be no excuses or mercy from yours truly.

-Continued bad vibes w players surrounding communication
    -Bizarre injury management
    - Mismanaging the Starting OL in preseason causing them not to be competent week 1
    - Bad losses to bad teams

But how can I get mad about the Os performance under Gase when i simply dont believe in the skill group? I think the WRs are unacceptable garbage. Im simply looking at the whole picture.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How many times did he change what was working and then went into defensive mode only for us to be then outplayed and lose?

Of course, I was blaming Morton at the time for coaching scared but he could have been following Toilet's orders?

It is that long ago I may be remembering wrongly but sure it happened a decent amount of times, good first half and last quarter collapses.

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

This is one spot where I feel like the biggest case for Gase getting fired after last season. Losing to the Dolphins and Bengals was inexcusable. The Jets could have been in the playoff hunt at the end of the season (and maybe even squeaked in, not sure how the tie breakers with TEN would have worked out) if not for those two loses.