Jets place WR’s Enunwa and Bellamy on PUP list

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, May 5, 2020.

1. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Feel sorry for Q. This is why players will take lower deals for more guarantees.

However. Giving a guy with a neck injury previously with this contract, with no out for the team. Awful, we'll still have his hit next year too.

Oh and fuck the trumaine contract too.

This shit that douglas walked into. Im supprised he took this job thinking about the state of this mess.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

2. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

Time to call Demaryus Thomas. He and gore can be roommates, bed time 5pm.

3. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Who needs WRs in an NFL whose rules and style of officiating have never been so slanted in favor of the passing attack?

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I was going for a bit of positivity for a change :)

We do need another WR but the thing is people are saying Mimm's isn't ready and should be brought on as a WR3 or 4 so that being the case where would another WR drafted after him feature WR6 or 7 :p

I couldn't tell you if Gase has ran a 2 TE set but he may never have had two good TE's in the same team either tbh?

My point about Perriman was he played well when he ended up the main target for the Bucc's due to injuries, so that is why I said has he ever had a true chance to be the number 2, (I am not going to say WR1 as we do not possess one a real one, Crowder will be WR1 but not in a true sense.) So if we give him more ball the chances are he may well continue his upward curve, his stone hands may return also of course but we don't know until he is playing regularly.

For what it's worth the team as a whole has improved, our D looks good, our OL improved, RB's all depend on Bell shaking off last season lethargy, WR's roughly the same time will tell on them, TE should be an improvement with the return of Herndon.

Again that being said I am going for 5 wins lol my positivity was used up earlier lol

#44 K'OB, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    FJF and J-Raw24 like this.
  5. UK jet

UK jet Member

Maybe Paul Richardson
    Injured for most of last season but reasonably productive season before

IDFjet likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sigh. Mac...the gift that keeps on giving! Fuck you Charley Casserly!

K'OB likes this.
  7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Well said all over. I really like Q when he's playing but that hasn't been the case for years now.

Bellamy - what a waste of $.

8. NCJetsfan

Who is saying the bold? I haven't heard or seen anyone say that.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I honestly did not expect either player back with the Jets. I thought they would be cut or an injury settlement. I'm surprised to hear you say your optimism is diminishing though. You have watched the Jets the last decade. This should be the most optimistic you have been since 2010. Things are finally looking up.

10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

So any details on this? Has Q not recovered from his injuries (and never will) or did he reinjure himself?

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It was a second major neck injury he had last year. It’s not fully recovered yet, nor was he expected to at this point by any sane person.

Many never expect him to play again, due to the risk that a third injury would have on the rest of his life.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info

MaximusD163 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I disagree, Kurt. He definitely needs to work on his route running, but with his speed and ability in contested catches, and with the lack of other great options at WR, I think Mims should run as the #1 or #2 WR unless he proves in TC that he can't handle it or doesn't know the offense.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

TBH, I wasn't a fan of using a 3rd rounder on a safety even though he looks like a jack of all trades DB. I wanted a 2nd WR, but that WR would likely need a year or two to become an impact player. As I've said, I'll lose hope if a WR isn't taken early in next year's draft. A few of them look like day 1 contributors. It would be a nice pairing with an improving Mims. Watch DeVonta Smith. I want him as I don't see us picking high enough to land Ja'Marr Chase or Justyn Ross.

Your anger should be directed at Maccagnan for not addressing the OL with anything more than two 5th rounders and a 3rd round pick. Oh, and he took two WR's who didn't amount to anything in 2017. He could've taken Orlando Brown in 2018.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Glad JD is thinking ahead. Now he can start looking for a FA WR without any question of Bellamy & Quincy to hold up
    His decision. The way I see it we need at least 1 or 2 more WR'S to back up Mims, Perryman, Crowder. I really thought Quincy was
    Going to play this year. Never thought they would pull the trigger on him & Bellamy this early. I liked Q, but didn't think much of Bellamy. Look for a lot of 2 TE sets. Sam has the #1 QBR 141.0 when throwing to TE's

#55 BudJet, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I suspect JD made this proactive move to clear roster expectations now and press on with further WR help. I think with so many teams dipping heavily in the draft for WR, they might find themselves in a position to make difficult choices and some good vet candidates might shake loose after training camp. A trade might not be out of the question either. I'm cautiously optimistic that and addition or two might be there for us.

17. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

New York also waived DE Charles Tapper, RB Jalin Moore, CB Kyron Brown and WR Keon Hatcher.

#57 J-Raw24, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Enunwa feels terrible about never getting to play for his contract, and has agreed to return $30 million to our cap.

Just kidding.

I know it sucks for Joe Douglas to have SO much dead cap $ tied up in that one bad contract, but I liked Enunwa. He always gave 110+%. His career in the NFL, his dream, was ended by serious injuries before it even started. I feel really bad for him, but I guess the silver lining his he managed to get paid. Good for him. And maybe, just maybe, we haven't seen the last of him. 2021 will be our year, and how cool would it be to have Q come back for our PO run!!!

As far as whether or not our WR crew got any better, I believe even if we didn't upgrade a single position our WRs will be a LOT better given an extra 1.5 to 2 seconds PER PASS PLAY to get open. With our horrible o-line the last 2 seasons we really have no clue how good Sam or our WRs can be. I'm really excited over the good job JD did in rebuilding our line in one off season.

Don't know exactly how much it will help, but we're about to find out.

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

That's an interesting choice. I think Ryan Grant may be available too. Both have flashed at times. If Demaryius still wants to play tho, I'd go with him.

20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Macagnan wasn’t bad at dealing contracts that were effectively 2 year deals, but of course probably starting getting desperate and threw money at Enunwa. Henry Anderson’s contract isn’t that great either. Next year we can make some cuts that would help us but we will incur a lot of dead money in the process. Say what you want about Douglas not signing any big free agents but we won’t be dealing with these bad contracts next year at least.

NCJetsfan likes this.