Jets sign Frank Gore

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 5, 2020.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I think the only way Gore will help Bell is by taking some of his blocking duties. He will help the young players more. It's not a bad signing, but it will take one of the young rbs out of the picture.

As for the Gase and vets thing. Its amusing you brought this up to me as I have mentioned numerous times that while I dislike Gase it isn't anything to do with his ex players. I have maintained that I felt most of the ex players hate was bogus. My reason are he is a coach. Outside of opening drives he cannot call any plays. He gets a week to plan those. Beyond that he's garbage. The only time he had a good offense was when he had a HoF QB to call his plays for him.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You just don't understand that Florida blood.... and players from THE U!

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think the basis of the post by @101GangGreen101 is that there was an article posted in the Gase thread that Gore was one of the players that allegedly went to the Dolphins owner Ross to complain about the culture Gase was creating. Tough to buy into those reports now with this signing.

4. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

The signing makes sense on paper like others have mentioned what scares me tho is he's a Gase guy so I can totally see him force feeding Gore the ball...because you know it's Adam Gase.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It would certainly seem so.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If he takes a play action touch away from the rookie and Sam gets killed it will be well worth it.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

With a more stable offensive line, we will see how Gase calls the plays next year. We've seen good, bad and ugly. I think Perine can carve out an early role given he's ready to take on the responsibility. Gore can do a lot of the dirty work, so Bell can catch passes. I don't really care for any of the other RBs besides Bell, Perine and Gore. I don't think it's a bad signing at all and you need depth. His scheme isn't bad either, and I think the team prepares, but I think we need some better situation play-calling. A more healthy roster could perhaps assist in that.

All I am saying, the first thing people think of when signing Gore is that oh he's here to save Gase job which is a ridiculous statement. Every year, theres some sort of crazy theory fans come up with.

NCJetsfan and Joe D MVP like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

So players that come in, practice and do the right things like playing for Gase because they get more reps during game day, am I getting this right? Unlike DaVante Parker, who thought they were the hottest thing since slice bread early in their career?

9. J-Raw24

I like the signing. He can help the young ones a lot. He has been around almost 20 years. That's pretty crazy for a rb. As for Gase, he cannot call plays, make adjustments, or anything outside the first drive. I have no faith. Maybe he turns it around and I eat crow. But since he had Manning calling plays for him and making adjustments at the line, he hasn't been good at it. I see no signs that's will change.

10. 101GangGreen101

Gore has excellent preparation, takes care of his body and is an excellent example for a rookie. Can also do the dirty work to alleviate Bell.

I actually never thought about the coronavirus impact, def good to have depth in today's NFL.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

It's a good thing we have a QB that can play outside of the play given and can improvise. Sam has to step up and make better adjustments at the LOS and also not always look for the touchdown right away, take what the defense gives you. That is a common issue Sam needs to address to take the next step as well. It's not just Gase, our studs need to take the next step too. The QB is the extension of the HC.

#91 101GangGreen101, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  12. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

Not getting mentioned, Gore is amazing in pass protection. We can split Bell out much more. We had bell and Perine then trash great pick up, too much hate in this thread. Better yards per carry last season than Bell as well last season.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Maybe this is all an attempt to slow down the game to make it easier for Darnold.

14. J-Raw24

Agree. But it was the same in Miami. And a QB who is as young as Darnold should not have to do the HCs job for him. Yes a QB can make adjustments and should when needed. But Gase should also be doing his job and making adjustments. You think Williams was waiting for the 3rd string linebackers to make adjustments? Or do you think he was making them? You think Belicheat sits on a bench by himself and hopes that his team makes all the adjustments for him? You think Andy Reid didn't make adjustments even though Mahome maybe the best QB in the league right now?

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Signing Gore only makes sense if they have plans on making him a RB coach

16. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

Bell kinda sucked in short yardage last season.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Who signs a 37 year old RB while they let two younger guys walk?
    Still paying th price for that asine Bell signing.

18. 101GangGreen101

No one is asking Darnold to do Gase's job. The QB is still the extension of the HC. Speaking of Mahomes, I would read up on Mahomes and that play-call in the SB, guess who called it? The QB has more input than you think and should have more input as they are the extension of the HC.

https://www.businessinsider.com/patrick-mahomes-calls-his-own-play-wasp-super-bowl-comeback-2020-2

No reason to think Darnold can't do the same thing. Defense is on the other side of the ball, a much different way of calling plays. Big plays, big moments sometime require someone else to make the call or provide input.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. J-Raw24

Ray Lewis would change the play if he didn't like it. When San Fran had good linebackers Willis would change plays. Sometimes it's a safety. I'm sure Polamalu changed plays at time. I know QBs change plays as well. Manning was great at it. He could read defenses and immediately change it. Darnold is good but it was year 2. This is year e. He could become better. BUT after the first drive Gase calls crap. And he doesn't make adjustments. Sam cannot be expected to make the adjustments for him. Yes he can change them once in a while. But our offense was horrendous. In part because of the oline, but also the plays. Gase has a better line now. But if he continues to coach like he has for his whole career since leaving Mannings tit, it won't matter.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Forgot about this lol

J-Raw24 likes this.