Jets place WR’s Enunwa and Bellamy on PUP list

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, May 5, 2020.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

2. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Bellamy was meh anyway. Sucks about Enunwa. He's probably done for. I doubt he comes back after this.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Enunwa’s contract details:

Signing bonus: $9 million (spread for salary cap purposes over five years because Enunwa signed his contract before the end of the 2018 season, so the cap hit is $1.8 million per year)

Fully guaranteed money at signing: $10 million (signing bonus plus 2019 salary)

Effective guaranteed money at signing: $16 million (signing bonus plus 2019 and 2020 salaries)

2019: $1 million salary (guaranteed), $2.8 million salary cap figure

(Enunwa’s 2019 salary became fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year in March.)

2020: $6 million salary (guaranteed), $7.8 million salary cap figure, $5.4 million dead money figure

(Enunwa’s 2020 salary becomes fully guaranteed if he is on the roster on the fifth day of the 2020 league year. It is currently guaranteed only against injury.)

2021: $7.8 million salary, $9.6 million salary cap figure, $3.6 million dead money figure

(If Enunwa is on the Jets’ roster on the fifth day of the 2021 league year, $4,078,588 of his salary becomes fully guaranteed. It is currently guaranteed only against injury.)

2022: $9.6 million salary, $11.4 million salary cap figure, $1.8 million dead money figure

Cheers Mac

apjbfc likes this.
  4. Feel even worse about WR corps.Enunwa was a nice chess piece.

my optimism for this season diminishes every day.

blackssmagic likes this.
  5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Apparently Quincy broke 4 of his fingers when ringing Gase to tell him he won't be ready to start offseason workouts.

Pepsiguy5 and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

bummer but they haven't had Q consistently healthy in what...2-3 years now? and bellamy is depth. again...bummer but neither changes much for the jets.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  7. K'OB

You surely didn't even believe for one second he was going to suit up this season?

BomberJet, JetBlue, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  8. The thing is, that was alot of folks argument for why this WR corps isnt as deplorable as it appears.Enunwa was coming back.Figured they knew something i didnt.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The WR corps is better this year than last year. The OL is better this year than last year. The CB corps is better this year than last year. I don’t think a single corps has gotten worse... You can’t fix everything perfectly in one season.

BonScott, themorey and FJF like this.
  10. how is the WR corps better than last yr?

NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  11. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I think it would have been nice, but given the track record I didn't get my hopes up. Honestly it sucks for the kid, but it could be even worse for the jets. If Perriman AND Mims don't work out we maybe in trouble. Definitely means receiver should be on top the list for needs next year if a couple of these kids don't develop fast.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Fuckin shit man. We can never have nice things.

It is so sad to see Enunwa's career cut short like this. He is such a talented player and was a great weapon for Darnold.

I said this when he got injured last season. No way he plays football ever again. Sad, but a fact he needs to accept. Life is much bigger than football

13. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Because Perriman + Mims + Doctson > Anderson. I strongly believe Perriman = Anderson.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Prelude to injury settlements?

15. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Enunwa has probably been the player I had the most hope for since 2015, and I felt he could easily be a 1k yard receiver each year if he had a serviceable qb and stayed healthy. At this point, if the injury remains his neck and it's not healing, then please just retire. Don't have issues the rest of your life to play a few more seasons.

rammagen likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I applaud Quincy for preparing for life after football. Too many players don't and end up broke after retiring.

17. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

DT and Anderson have been in the league. They aren't great, some fans exaggerate how good they are, but we knew what they were. Mims hasn't played a snap, he could be Josh Doctson and never develop. We don't know. Perriman has played 5 good games. Never a whole season. Until then he was Josh Doctson. Fact is we don't know if it got better or worse and we won't until about halfway through the season. I hope we got better. But to say we have without any proof is asinine.

18. Doctson shouldnt be counted in to be anything but a fringe roster camp body.

Perriman is likely a wash w Anderson & doesnt have chemistry w Sam AND is only on a 1 yr deal.Hes not a long term piece.They needed drastic WR help even WITH RA in the fold.

Mims is a talent but really should be developed slowly as a #3/4 who plays in subpackages/Specific situations early while he learns the subtlties of route running.Expecting him to be an effective plug n player starter right away is wishful thinking.

what about losing Demaryius Thomas? Doctson is clear downgrade in that spot.

This is a BAD WR corps.Theres no 2 ways about it.Yeah rome wasnt built in a day But this is Sam’s 3rd yr w a dreadful surrounding cast at WR.You wouldnt accept such subparity at OL why is WR any different?

19. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Well obviously there’s no way to be sure right now. But last year we were giving significant snaps to Demaryius Thomas and Vyncint Smith. Denzel Mims is better than that to be sure. Perriman came on slowly over his career, but that can happen. I don’t see him as a significant downgrade to Robby Anderson. Crowder is still here. We might not have a single 1,000 yard receiver this year, but I could see 3-4 players go over 800 between Mims, Perriman, Crowder, and Herndon. Mix in 400 from Bell, 400 from Griffin, 250 from Perine... that would be 4,250 passing yards for Darnold. Then next year Mims gets even better, and they infuse more youth. Wouldn’t be so bad.

Pepsiguy5 and K'OB like this.
  20. K'OB

I don't think it was, I thought I could remember maybe two people naming him and I thought then they were just being hopeful, I'm telling you Mac gave him a retirement contract as a leaving present.

CotcheryFan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.