Manish Mehta is a Disgrace (Was in 2017 and still is in 2020)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 17, 2017.

1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I think I read a Manish article that blamed Gase for Darnold's mono. Maybe not, but probably.

hornblower and LF911SC like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Daily News should just find a female reporter to replace Manish.

It would be a change of pace and they would add 500k more women to subscribe

As far as Gase goes, I have a lot of doubts about him , his personality, his coaching etc. but frankly I want to see him and the Jets win because another round of HC candidates / start over gets me nauseous

hornblower likes this.
  3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Mehta - shit posting posing as journalism

Find a new vocation you used fuckbag.

4. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Why doesn't Joe Douglas call him out at the next press conference and ask him why he makes up such shit? Then tell him he will answer no questions from him and the next times him makes stuff up he will be banned from all Jets Facilities!

If that loses him his job great!

5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

And sets the team back as new schemes are implemented and players fitting that new coaches style need to be brought in.
    The endless carousel of coaching changes doesnt lead to winning football.

LAJet and FJF like this.
  6. LF911SC

I believe you cant do that. NFL wouldn't allow it

7. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Our media scene is just one reason why big name free agents/coaches don't come here:

-Terrible media
    -Short fused fan base
    -High taxed area
    -Bad ownership

So we either overpay (in Kirk Cousins case that didn't even work) or we have to settle. The only time we changed this was the two years with Ryan when we were winning big. Maybe Joe D can change our fortunes.

Manish and those like him are what makes our market unattractive.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In fairness to Mehta, he does have to cover the Jets for a living.

FJF likes this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sometimes it writes itself without any outside help because, well, Jets, but I'll quantify that. "Can't wait!" But Bart Scott didn't finish the sentence . . . "For the defense to fall apart and run like we have a load of crap in our pants!" Eric Smith, black or white, if I ever see that guy . . . Anyway, I can assure that I was only one of many who didn't get nearly as pumped by Scott's high on adrenaline speech. It was tempered by a nervous feeling of dread and seen as a harbinger of doom. Why? Because we smelled it. Like a rotting corpse on a body farm, that is.

The difference between the suffering amongst us and Serby is that we truly agonized over games and a myriad and litany of other disasters like that. I could picture him, on the other hand, rubbing his hands together over how right he was over the fail. He's not fucking Nostradamus first of all, and secondly, you could almost feel the vague and mild disappointment in his self-aggrandizing accounts over an important win with comparisons to war and chest-thumping you know he didn't believe. TOOL.

I lost count how many times I threw the paper on the seat of the train before getting off at my stop in years past. He was like Francesa before Francesa became the fat annoying slob he is today, but in a different way . . . but almost more of a tool, if that's even possible. I distinctly remember when I very first starting posting here over 16 years ago this one particular time when Serby came up. Abyzmul and I had a blast manufacturing headlines. "The Jets Win the Super Bowl For the Second Time in Team History But Still Can't Win the Big One" - Steve Serby. That's him in a nutshell. The Serby of today is still a tool, but less visible and important so he doesn't bang his drum as loudly as he used to.

Anyway, the Jets historically come out flat when it's life or death. Can we please change that? Thanks.

K'OB and Red Menace like this.
  10. Leicester Jet

Very true and for that reason you would think that he would try to keep in the Jets good books, instead he continually makes stuff up and asks the same stupid questions about Jamal Adams!

K'OB likes this.
  11. Leicester Jet

Where does it say that and why would you have to keep talking to someone who is continually shit stirring?

These video conferences actually provide the ideal opportunity to not call on him for any questions - I'm sure that he would soon get the message!

K'OB likes this.
  12. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

The only thing Mehta covers is Mehta. Guy is a f'in hack, and even that is a gross understatement.

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

not professional for the GM to do that. you don't want them to get down in the gutter with that shitbag mehta.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Derek Jeter says high. If you're really good, make top dollar and have any charm at all NY is one of the best places to play in the world. Really good players want to win. Parcells never had a problem getting players to come to the Jets or the Giants.

We need to draft well and win.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. LF911SC

You cant turn the press away. You cant not answer one reporters questions.

On top of that, stooping to his level makes you look bad too.

16. Leicester Jet

Why not? If the questions are asked remotely, you answer the ones that you want and the "good" questions, even if they are difficult, but not the shit stirring ones

K'OB and LAJet like this.
  17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The best way for Joe Douglas to handle Mehta is just how he’s been doing it so far. Act like he’s just another reporter. Idzik went out of his way to give him a hard time and Mehta unleashed his fury. Mehta will write what he’ll write no matter what, avoidance is engagement in its own way. We all know Mehta is a clown, but we are not his targets. Most readers of his don’t understand how the league works, and that’s who he capitalizes on.

hornblower likes this.
  18. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Simple question, guys. You all know what Mehta is, so why do you continue to read his stuff? For a guy like him, working for a financially distressed newspaper in a dying business, clicks and attention are his lifeblood. Why give them to him?

19. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

League policy.

20. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

you can always pull a bellichek though

technically it's an answer, substantively the response exposes the reporter as a know-nothing ding dong