Manish Mehta is a Disgrace (Was in 2017 and still is in 2020)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 17, 2017.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Even in a thread where I’m taking Gase’s side you find a way to whine. If you don’t like the statistical proof of Gase being a horrendous coach take it up with him.

“we just had our third best season”

with the worst ranked offense. The math here is simple you just don’t want to do it.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You've dragged it into every conversation you've had over the past 9 months on the New York Jets side of the message board.

Not to mention you whined in the free agency thread about how terrible we were doing when we didn't get Thuney or Conklin and jumped for joy with Bell and Mosely. But I'm 'whining'. I'm just calling you out for the deranged hate for the head coach. You can't talk about the Jets without mentioning that you hate him. It's wild.

chandler likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

JVIlma is right man. Your hatred for him is beyond normal. I hate him too but I have no problem giving him another year with better weapons. He also had to deal with tons of injuries. The guy deserves another chance.

4. BroadwayAaron

It's really not a hatred. I don't sit here and stab my Gase doll with pins hoping for death. At this point it's sheer amusement and disbelief. It amuses the shit out of me that people are willing to write off half a decade of proof just because they want the Jets to be good. I would love nothing more than to eat a massive plate of shit and be wrong here, trust me. But how many times are we going to let the guy piss on our leg and tell us it's rain?

Jerryjeudy and Ralebird like this.
  5. Brook!

Hopefully this year is it. Either he shows something or we kiss him goodbye!

rohirrim665 likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

What scares me is there's signs of it working and then for the other 80% of the game the guy is shitting his pants and making every wrong choice imaginable. And these are qualities that date back 5 years. I mean hopefully an old dog can learn new tricks but the worrisome part is he's not an old dog. He should be evolving with the game and he's just not.

7. Brook!

Okay. Now please take JVilma’s advice and don’t make everything about Gase. Enjoy the season a little man. Have some fun. :)

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why?

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd say so.. We can't see a redux of the 2019 Jets..

Brook! likes this.
  10. Brook!

Don’t make me defend Gase.
    1) Injuries last year.
    2) He deserves to go one more time with Joe’s team.

Centiment likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He has done nothing to deserve anything. I asked somebody last week what positive things they could say about Gase without talking about the roster and injuries - I got no response.

12. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I rarely evaluate coaches. I have no strong opinion about Gase. I do, however, think Manish is a horse's ass.
    The Jets had below average talent last year with Sam playing. He missed 3 1/2 games and lost development time as a young QB and the club went 7 and 9. That means they still competed hard the whole season. The coaches get credit for that. This year they have at this point middle of the road talent. If they get above .500 the season is a success and if they overachieve credit the players but also credit the coaches for not getting in the way.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

FJF likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Metha for an other unfounded piece of worthless shit Inquire journalism about Mayes that was total BS.. JD should tell the Daily Trash to stay the fuck out of one Jet drive.

hornblower likes this.
  16. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I want to know how he stunted Sams growth. And proof that he has.
    Playing with mono and all that.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think the real distinction belongs to Steve Serby. That guy was the most passive aggressive asswipe you could ever possibly imagine. There's a reason why Marty Lyons just kept whistling a tune and did nothing while Richard Todd grabbed Serby by the throat and threw him in a locker. Marty was never particularly apologetic about looking the other way, either. To Serby's minor credit he didn't press charges for assault, which would happen hands down today; but then he couldn't have played the victim in quite the same way by admitting he provoked it. Serby was a complete tool; and while I don't generally condone anyone putting their hands on anyone else, he deserved it. That's putting it mildly.

He was always a little too gleeful when things went "predictably" wrong and only gave constipated credit when things somehow "accidentally" went right. Now that may sound precisely like me and many other fans, but the difference was, I was half convinced he hated the Jets and actually wanted them to lose, especially in big spots, just so he could get off by destroying them in his column. He had a real smug, smarmy way of doing it that screamed self-important asshole like nobody else.

Ask anyone on here old enough to remember Serby in his prime and Mehta pales in comparison on the twat-o-meter. Serby did "admit" his role in the Todd incident some years later, but of course it came with a lot of self-serving drivel about how much bigger he was for not having Todd arrested. "But we smoothed it out because that's what men do. Todd apologized." Like I said, complete tool.

Red Menace and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The truth is whether or not you like Gase he’s here to stay for the near future. 2019 was about mono, injuries, and a general lack of talent. Gase did win 6 of his final 8 games. I know the schedule wasn’t exactly stacked with powerhouses but other coaches of the Jets past would of come out of that looking much worse. Now this year is basically JD’s first and we have new players on the OL who need time to gel. We also have the whole COVID debacle going on. Who knows what’s in store for 2020. I can’t see Gase being fired this year either.....his make or break status probably won’t be until the conclusion of 2021.

I’m not exactly a fan of Gase but that’s how I see it......

hornblower, Red Menace and FJF like this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Serby is just as silly these days as he was way back then......his articles are garbage.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You are so right about Serby, whenever I read one of his articles I felt like there was no real substance to them, he was just jumping on the bandwagon.

Unfortunately the Jets are the type of team that are good to write about whether they are doing well or doing bad, they have not had sustained success so they will never have the respect that comes from being a stable football organization.

matt robinson 17 likes this.