2020 Jets Schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 4, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

No international games.

I wonder what the NFL plans on doing about fans in the stadiums, I just hope they don’t rush to make a decision until they absolutely have too.

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

They won’t rush on that decision .... they will wait until the last moment possible and may even do a week by week type plan. That is a lot of money going by the wayside and if the NFL is truly about anything it’s money.

But the truth is at this point in time how many fans would actually want to sit in the stadium?

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I’m interested to see this. It will tell us exactly where the league believes will happen with the virus. Can’t wait for Thursday night

5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

One of the contingency plans is to move the first four games of the season to January and push back the superbowl four weeks to Feb 28. So keep in mind weeks 1 - 4 could actually be weeks 14 -17.

It will be interesting to see if KC has Thursday games on Sept 10 (for winning superbowl) and Oct 8 (Thursday game on 3 days rest). That way they'd open the season regardless.

Also I read the dolphins released some plans on having 15,000 fans at their games. I'm wondering if that will be the new normal for the year, where stadiums are 25% full?

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will flex games every week so if there is no college season we will get some great games on Saturday and Sunday night

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

How many primetime games do people think the Jets will get? They are a big market team and they did finish last season strong after a poor start. In those rare seasons when the Jets were good they always seemed to get 3 or 4 primetime games the next year. I remember we had a lot after those back to back AFC championship games seasons with Rex. I think we get 1 and maybe 2 at most would be my guess.

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I would love Saturday night games. No worry to wake up the other day. Bring them on.
    Greg. I say 2 MNF and 1 mandatory TNF.

Browns and Dolphins will be MNF imho.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Idk if they'll run back Jets Brown MNF since that was a game last year.

I could totally see us getting a Thursday Night road game on the West Coast or something stupid

mrjet80 and Brook! like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t care who we play and when we play them. I don’t care if it’s in national tv. I don’t care that we’re probably going to win half as many games as we lose. Just please for the love of god give me a full football season to watch.

NCJetsfan and rohirrim665 like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

good point, it’s hard to imagine there will be a college season. Colleges are already gearing up for a virtual semester in the fall. If the students aren’t on campus, how can they play college football?

I think you are right and we will see many NFL games on Saturday nights this fall

13. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

See this will also be interesting to see because of the draft. Will some of these prospects enter the supplemental draft? Without a college season it makes you wonder what prospects like Creed Humphrey for instance will do. He stayed at school to try to up his draft stock and finish his education. But with a year off his stock isn't getting any better. He can still finish his education.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't think the colleges or the NCAA even know what they are going to be do. Arizona, Arizona St, Texas A&M, and I'm sure there are others that already came forward and said they are planning to have football games come the Fall. IIRC, Pence came forward and said if students are not on campus they will not be allowed to play, but let's be real, Money talks.

matt robinson 17 and J-Raw24 like this.
  15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Imagine no college football?? Boy would that lead to a weird draft .....

16. MaximusD163

Yeah and possibly the supplemental draft this year being much more full than usual.

17. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Sadly some of the better talent cannot declare. I'm not sure the full rules on early entry but I would assume some will try to jump. Sad for the ones that went back to school to improve their stock.

18. MaximusD163

Yes, there are plenty of young guys who haven’t been out of high school for 3 years. There are plenty who have though. I wonder if the league would change the rule if there is no college football... I sort of think there will be college ball though.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I think the bigger issue with college is how many programs fold. I read that many colleges are already suffering and virtual classes will need to be offered at discounted rates so they'll be digging themselves into a bigger hole. I can see many smaller FBS schools and the more "non-academic" FCS colleges getting rid of some sports including football. They landscape could be vastly different in college this fall and even more so the following year.