Andy Dalton for back up Qb?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, May 1, 2020.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Absolutely I would like to have Dalton.
    But I don’t think it makes sense for Dalton, as he is a better option than a lot of QBs that are currently slated to start.
    He’s even an upgrade for what NE had last year, and certainly an upgrade over what they have this year.
    He has too many options than to settle in as a backup here.

We have to bring in someone tho.
    If Fales or Morgan have to play, we have almost zero chance of winning.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I don't think there's gonna be a media circus surrounding Andy Dalton pushing him to start. Lol

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

People forget Sam is still only 22 years old. It would be nice to have a veteran with experience in the locker room. Dalton would be perfect, but as many people have said, it is unlikely he would choose the Jets. Bortles or Flacco would be good too. Anyone expecting Morgan or Fales to come in and win a few games for the Jets in 2020 is fooling themselves. If the Jets decide to roll the dice and go in with those 2 guys and that's it, I would be disappointed. Of course we want and hope Sam plays all 16 games, but it is better to be prepared.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't think you have any standing to lecture anyone. We're all fans, and all want the same thing. Where differ - sometimes greatly - is how they should go about doing that, but in the end we're expressing our OPINIONS, regardless of how many statistics and numbers are used. As Mark Twain once said: "There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damnable lies, and statistics". Meaning that numbers can be bent to any purpose.

Anyone who takes the time to find a forum like this and spend time to post here certainly has faith. And that faith has been poorly rewarded by this franchise for decades. Still, we persist. You want to post your opinions great, but knock off judging anyone else.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Blake Bortles wouldn't even be a bad shout if we had to have a VET he was perfectly capable of causing teams problems on his day, interceptions were his big Achilles heel though.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its been handled...

7. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

It seems Andy Dalton has been at least discussed by the Jets, as per Rich Cimini on ESPN:

The Jets have some level of interest in former Bengals QB Andy Dalton, a source said. At this point, it has been characterized as due diligence. They could be looking to solidify the position, as their only experienced backup is David Fales (zero starts). They added James Morgan, a fourth-round pick, in the draft. Dalton, 32, would be a good get for the Jets, who learned a lesson last year about QB depth. Finding a legit QB2 behind Sam Darnold is imperative.

Dalton would be a great help to Sam and an excellent back-up but we wouldn't want a QB controversy if we don't have a winning record during a pretty tough schedule.

#27 Cliv Clav, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    fansince90 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. K'OB

It is too soon for Dalton to become a backup, the man will still have ambitions to start and if Sam falters he will be rightly thinking it is time for me to be given a chance at the helm.

I would be happy to let the rookie have a go if he proves decent enough in camp but if we have to have a vet then I have come round to thinking Bortles could be the new Moore, he will sit at number 2 and not make an issue of it and pick up his paycheque and be happy to mentor Sam and if needed he can put up numbers and steer us to a win.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I would leave this decision up to "Red "Menace .....

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Off to the cowboys.

11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He would've been too threatening to Darnold's job.

12. K'OB

Surprising tbh he hasn't really got a chance of ousting Dak

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

A bargaining tool for Dak's new contract negotiations? Dalton could do a great job with those offensive weapons, mind you most decent QBs could!

14. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

At this point in my fandom I don’t care about controversies, media members need money too lol. I want my team to win a Super Bowl and I’d love to be in the stadium when they do it. Matter of fact I think I’ll get a shoe box and start saving right now. Guys I have a feeling...it’s coming.