Wayne Chrebet hopeful Jets are on the verge of erasing 1999 memory

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nycarl, May 1, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

And all he got was a plaque from Woody the Cheapskate. That was like when Diane gave Lloyd a pen in 'Say Anything'. :/

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. jetophile

Who didn't get excited when Keymouth and Chrebet lined up at the same time? They were a legitimate threat, and you knew something was going to happen. Unfortunately, Keymouth's ego was taking a huge hit because the spotlight wasn't exclusively on him and him alone, so it could've gone farther than it did. Chrebet always took the high road and refused to even engage it in tbe media. Beat writers never got what they wanted regarding it. "I just suit up and play. That's it." They baited him all the time to say something incendiary to inflame the situation and he never bit. Keymouth on the other hand . . . and it was so transparent it was ridiculous.

I liked Keymouth as a player and got a kick out of his personality at times, don't get me wrong. I just think his ego and his fat mouth was a detriment to his career in the long run. He had limitless talent and I really think if he had only applied himself a little bit more he could very well have wound up in the record books instead of having a better than decent career.

He could also be a little borderline lazy because he was so physically athletic and naturally talented. <=== I said it then and I'm saying it again now and I'll always stick by it. I also could never understand how Fat Bill who gave me nothing tolerated some of his nonsense when he would never have tolerated it from anyone else. Amazing, really; but they were very simpatico somehow and had a mutual respect for one another. Who knows why.

3x Pro-Bowler blah blah blah, SB ring blah blah blah. Yeah, I know, not exactly a career to be embarrassed of, I get it. However my other points still stand. nyjunc got into a huge debate with himself over this when I said this many, many years ago. BTW, I won.

#22 jetophile, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    nycarl likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I didn't realize that Sam Darnold has Richard Todd's old number.. hopefully his career won't track the same way..

4. jetophile

Took you a long time to wake up from that nap, Rumpelstiltskin.

EDIT: I meant RIP VAN WINKLE. The fact that nobody corrected me makes it even funnier. There I was being a smart ass and laughing @Cman65 for being half asleep and I said the WRONG GUY . . . and two people liked it AND DIDN'T NOTICE, either! I'm dying here! Holy Crap, HAH. Rumpelstiltskin! LMAO!

#24 jetophile, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    matt robinson 17 and mrjet80 like this.
  5. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

Watched that game at a sports bar in San Diego, I remember losing my shit I cursed Vincenzo's name for months.

6. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I felt bad for him playing under that boring OC Hackett.

7. jetophile

I could not find a video of this ANYWHERE on the internet. After an exhaustive search, the only thing that came up was a link on Facebook (ewwwwww). I hate Mark Zuckerberg and everything he stands for, I don't belong to Facebook and I never will, but I took one on the chin for Wayne Chrebet. I couldn't embed it, for all that.

https://m.facebook.com/theScore/vid...-jets-had-the-miracle-in-em/1527348760773105/

I also hate Google and everything it stands for and therefore hate YouTube by default, but what can you do:

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Actually I had to watch that '82 playoff game when it all kicked in..

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Maybe I’m wrong but didn’t Rich Kotite discover him

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Toon and Chrebet took incredible beatings because of how tough they were and how willing they were to fully extend and put their bodies on the line on every play. It's the dark side of the game. The ones who are the most willing to fight for every inch often suffer the consequences.

nycarl and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

It was without a doubt the biggest contribution from Kotite in his stint as HC for us.
    Possibly his only contribution other than being so bad that it led to Hess getting Parcells.