Nostradamuses thread!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by chandler, Apr 28, 2020.

1. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Dear Jerry,

I am waiting for when Becton declares as an eligible receiver at the goal line. Honest to god how would that be defensed? SO much for your fancy footwork

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Give him the ball like the fridge and he will walk across the line with the D hanging off him lol

Edit memory plays funny tricks, he was so famous in the UK I thought he had scored way more than 2 running TD's lol

3. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

So all Jets fans believe Becton was the right pick?

Jets definitely need a LT, which is an extremely important position, especially for a young QB like Darnold

But if Becton winds up being a very good player, but not necessarily very special, say a top 5-10 LT, and Jeudy winds up becoming a first ballot Hall of Fame WR, then was Becton really the right pick for the NY Jets, who are also in desperate need of a #1 receiver

I see Jeudy as a very special player who will make an immediate impact in his rookie year, and thought he would be a great fit for Darnold

Nobody else wanted the Jets to pick Jeudy this year?

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I was all aboard the Jeudy train myself.

I would have taken him if we stayed at # 11.

If Denver was willing to trade up I would have been happy to take extra pick(s) and settle for Lamb, Wirfs, or Becton.

Jerryjeudy likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I wanted Jerry Jeudy.

But I'm loving Becton.

Our first Franchise LT drafted during the 1st round since dating back to 2006 in Ferguson.
    and he's 6'7/260+ pounds and runs like a freak.
    And was never once called for an NCAA offensive penalty lol he's the truth.

I think Le'Veon Bell is about to become an All-Pro once again now because of it too
    while Sam Darnold has his blindside protected by a freak of nature.

A++

Jerryjeudy likes this.
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Nope. Taking an offensive lineman was the smart move.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To answer your first question, Yes, I think Becton was the right pick. I think Fant has a chance to be a decent LT, but wasn't willing to risk Sam's health. Besides there was zero depth at OL. Now Becton can play LT, Fant can play RT and Edoga can have a seat on the bench where he belongs.

Even if Becton just winds up a very good player, he was the right pick. Personally, I would have taken Lamb over Jeudy every single time, and was torn between Becton and Lamb, but I think Becton was the right choice. Neither Lamb nor Jeudy would have helped the Jets if Sam was running for his life, constantly getting hit, flat on his back half the time, or out injured.

I agree that Jeudy is a very special player, and I think he will be a very good WR in the NFL, if not great. I think Becton's potential is every bit as good as Jeudy's and probably better, because of the athleticism and speed he has at his size. Becton could easily be a 1st ballot HOF LT.

There were posters here who liked Jeudy and wanted him to be the pick at #11, but I think more of us wanted Lamb, rather than Jeudy.