Do you want the Jets to trade for OBJ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 29, 2020.

?

Read the Title

1. Yes

18.8%
  2. No

81.3%
  1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Where do I begin?

Alworth - 7,747
    Calvin Johnson - 7,836
    Fitzgerald - 7,067
    Jerry Rice - 7,866
    Issac Bruce - 7,027
    Marvin Harrison - 7,078
    Randy Moss - 8,375
    Terrell Owens - 6,950
    Antonio Brown - 8,210

OBJ - 6,511

EDIT - I like how you changed your tune to "per game" now LOL

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

3rd all time in receiving yards per game say hello.

Why'd you leave out receptions, TDs and catch rate? lol

3. Falco21

Get the fuck out of here.

This is the dumbest fuckin conversation.

I'm surprised I even went this far with this

4. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

OBJ had more TD receptions in his first 2 years then he's had in the last 4. His catch rate last year was awful at 55% (even Demaryius Thomas had a better catch rate 62% last year and he has stone hands like Becht). The more diva he's become the worse he's gotten as a player.

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Because Baker Mayfield sucks says HELLO lol

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

OBJ should've learned to be a winner before acting like a diva like TO did. TO turned out to be a nightmare but he was on some really good playoff teams before doing so. He also secured a couple All-Pros.

OBJ is a two time Pro Bowler who has been on one winning team and has done nothing but cause trouble. He's perfect for the Baker Mayfield Browns with yet another rookie head coach, and Jarvis Landry - another known coach hater.

7. Falco21

Brah, OBJ is a top 10 wide receiver of all time. Did you check and make sure those numbers were when he was wearing custom cleats? When he wears custom cleats, he's unstoppable.

I bet you if you looked into other HOF wide receivers, OBJ has better numbers when wearing custom cleats than they do when wearing custom cleats.

Fuckin Baker Mayfield.

No Fly Zone and K'OB like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

It's worth a shot for teams on the cusp with aging quarterbacks. It's also worth a shot for the Colts, Seahawks, Eagles, etc. It's not worth it for a team like us that's desperately trying to reverse a toxic culture of losing.

That's why I'm not sure why the Browns thought it'd work out with back to back rookie head coaches. But that's their problem and I'm glad it's not ours.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that it's worth a shot for all those teams, and even for GB, but would be shocked if the Packers did it.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If it makes you feel better, I appreciate you jumping in. I regretted pulling the trolls cord the minute I did it.

K'OB likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

The ignore feature is a beautiful thing. I didn't even have to look to see who was making the wacko statements.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I agree the team still needs playmakers but not at the expense of changing the culture, which JD has went a long way into changing during his first offseason.

I’d give highly talented playmakers like Perriman & Mims a chance before bringing in a selfish me first player like ODB.

If one or both don’t work out next draft is looking to be very strong at WR again.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

I agree it's not a Packers thing to do. The problem is that Rodgers might force his way out sooner than later and they'll get desperate. He's thrown exactly ONE touchdown to a first round player and that was Marcedes Lewis, a journey man tightend.

They also decided to not draft one this year while he threw to nothing but Adams and hot garbage last year. I predict Rodgers will play this season and next season with Green Bay before forcing his way out of town and find the best situation for himself to show he doesn't need the Packers.

He's a moody SOB himself and I can't imagine he approved of this draft at all.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

After reading some other posts in this thread, I disagree. It seems that OBJ's play is already getting worse. Thus, I don't think he would help our offense as much as he would be a distraction and potential cancer working against the new culture that Douglas is seeking to implement. It's not just that he has baggage, his play isn't what it was earlier in his career, and we have seen him do incredibly stupid and selfish things on the field that hurt his team. I wouldn't take him if Cleveland gave us a 3rd round pick with the condition we had to keep him on the active roster for a year.

15. NCJetsfan

Can you blame him, however? He's one of the best QBs in the NFL and in NFL history and the Packers would have been nowhere near as good as they've been for the last 5-10 years without him. If I were a Packer fan I'd be livid that they didn't draft a WR and didn't draft an OT before the 6th round. If they've drafted any WRs high in the previous 3-4 drafts, I don't recall who they were. The OL is probably going to be worse this year than last, and Rodgers has taken to much of a pounding the last several seasons. I love Rodgers. He may be a jerk at times, but he wants to win. He wants to ensure his legacy as an all-time great by winning several SBs, and he wants to avoid taking a pounding. I can't blame him for that. I've loved the Packers for a long time. They're my second favorite team, but this new regime is turning me against them.

16. Falco21

Yeah it is 100000% my fault for biting.

It's just so hard to ignore his stupidity some times. Although with every reply to his post, I worry a page long post will return detailing his life story with pictures and all

K'OB and FJF like this.
  17. I get the logic & perspective.Theres nothing wrong w it, i just dont agree.

I still think OBJ can mature & be a manageable personality. I also dont think one guy who can help the team so immensely would be any type of dagger in a shift in culture.

Perriman & Mims have a ton of potential but neither are anything close to sure things. Sam Needs a sure thing outside of Crowder.
    Counting on the Jets drafting WR early in any draft has proven to be a crapshoot. At some point you have to get aggressive about this surrounding cast.

18. steets101

steets101 New Member

His contract becomes more manageable after this season, but it would depend on the return. I wouldn't trade anything above a 5th,

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I strongly doubt if Joe Douglas will even think about this stupidity in his dreams, let alone in reality.

Too much character red flags. We're trying to build a team with solid mentality and character. Which OBJ is anything but. Unless he learns to be a team player instead of being a diva, it would have to be a solid no, no matter the cost.

Even if he learns to behave somehow (I'll bet pigs will learn to fly before that happens) 1/2/3 are not to be touched. If he is coming in, he's coming in with 'fair market value' price tag on him. Not something I'd love to get into.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

I hate this "great character" bull crap.

These are kids. 20 something year olds.

I don't follow them on Twitter.

I don't expect them to be perfect and make no mistakes.

N.E Patriots won with a cheating Coach/QB, a murderer TE, a big mouth part animal WWF TE, Greedy #24 Mevi$, one of the most dirty players ever Rodney Harrison, multiple members busted for steroids etc, etc.

Give me a freaking break OBI is NONE of the above.

Steelers won with a 2x accused RAPIST @ QB (who Bell and Brown disliked/hated).

The list goes on and on. Fans looking for a perfect church boy NFL locker room with GROWN MEN and damn near kids with MILLIONS (and Twitter accounts like Jamal Adams lol) should seriously look for another sport the NFL is full of kids from the SLUMS of America and these kids are having a fun time

wake me up once OBJ is convinced of rape, murder, crack cocaine and/or calls his QB a gay homo (T.O/Garcia) and until then he's a great WR in my eyes.