Nostradamuses thread!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by chandler, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This is too easy.

I would have picked all the players who do really good in the NFL. I'm running late so I'll give you their names and positions in a few years...gotta go!

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. UK jet

UK jet Member

Dolphins got 2 players I liked the look of
    G soloman Kindley and pass rush Curtis Weaver
    Will be interesting to see if our picks of Cameron Clark and Zuniga do better or worse

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I liked Fromm a lot his freshman season and expected big things out of him, but have gradually cooled on him because of the lack of arm strength. I loved Chad, but don't ever want to see another Jets QB with that limited arm strength.

It will be interesting to see who becomes the better QB in the NFL. I'm curious. Does Waldman speak about Anthony Gordon?

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Velocity is one of the toughest things to add. It's like trying to make yourself faster. You can train, change mechanics, use weighted balls, and sometimes raw skills are raw skills and they are just maxed out.

Maybe Fromm adds a little bit to his fastball if he's lucky. But he will still struggle in tight window throws. I agree that he can be a backup for a long time. Think 2006 Chad Pennington after the arm surgeries on a complete upside. I don't even think he'll get the chance to start anywhere for a long time though.

AJ McCarron is the perfect comparison. Both stood behind brick walls, with great college runningbacks. Fromm had worse receivers this year and he was a really good college quarterback but his ceiling is so limited.

Morgan has much more upside and a much lower floor. I'd prefer that out of a project backup.

ColoradoContrails, K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I agree except I'd prefer a project backup to have a higher ceiling and a higher floor.

6. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Who knows maybe the guy develops for a team in a dome, or stadium which is less windy. Even then though this is a touch handicap once opponent knows it can play off a bit

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It effectively ended Pennington's career. The difference between him before the shoulder injuries and after were staggering. I tore my rotator cuff and it pretty much ended baseball for me after never having the velocity to throw down to second as a catcher. I could get the ball there, but the MPH was drastically effected.

Now Fromm doesn't have a weak arm because of injury. He has a weak arm because of a physical limitation. It's tough to overcome. Training and improving motions and such can only do so much.

Imagine telling a wide receiver that he'll be able to be a lot more effective if he can shave his 40 down from 4.45 to 4.36. It's not really that easy as training harder. Some people max themselves out.

Fromm will likely be in the league a long time because he's a good kid, he's a smart heady quarterback and will likely be a very good addition to a room. But I think a lot of teams have learned their lessons from trading for the Matt Schaub, AJ McCarron, Tyrod Taylor types of the world. They're just simply backups and that's awesome.

But we want Darnold to develop into a franchise quarterback while Morgan looks and feels like a starter so we can move him or he can have a Matt Flynn type 6 touchdown game.

Or in a worse case scenario, Sam shows little improvement and doesn't deserve a $30 million per year extension as he maxes out at 23 touchdowns to 13 interceptions over the next two years. And we have a true plan B.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  8. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

high ceiling and a high floor probably wouldn’t be a backup...at least not for long. :)

#68 Donttasemebro, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

totally agreed on adding velocity. normally i would just move on but according to some of the QB gurus working with Fromm most of it is his footwork. His poor footwork negates any additional power his body could be generating. So it's not a tebow situation where his throwing mechanics are trash. It's footwork which, from what I'm reading, is much more readily fixable but still requires a fair amount of work. Brees arm, as an example, was better but similar coming out and he corrected his footwork "enough" to be a lock as a hall of famer. But he's not with the Jets so whatever. Always interesting though.

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

That's interesting -- the OG they drafted that I wanted to see here was Robert Hunt (although they took him about a round and a half higher than I thought he'd go). That guy is a mauler.

UK jet likes this.
  11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The Dolphins didn't just draft Weaver, they outright stole him.

The only things missing were the ski mask and gun.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How come he lasted to the 5th round if he was such a steal?

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Small school player, you could make the case that his competition and combine numbers don't match up.

With that said, his production and film are incredible.

K'OB likes this.
  14. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Jerry Jeudy is the best player in the draft and Jets should have taken him

His level of coordination is off the charts

Unreal footwork and total body control

Smoothest WR in the draft and it’s not even close

Combination of Beckham-level ability with tremendous work ethic and a love of the game

He’s a rare craftsman

I think he’ll be a Hall of Famer

Would have been Darnold’s Marvin Harrison for the next 12-15 years

Becton has a very high ceiling, but if he ever gets injured and can’t move around for awhile, with his history of obesity, his weight could balloon out of control and it will become very difficult to get back in shape

With his bag secured, motivation may lag as well

Depression mixed with substance abuse are other risk factors post-injury

Ceedee Lamb will be a bust

Won’t be able to get adequate separation against NFL corners

Within 6 years, he will no longer be in the NFL

15. NCJetsfan

Yes, I'd love to draft developmental QBs every 2-3 years, develop them and let them serve as backups, then trade them for picks. Always have 2 young developing QBs in the pipeline behind Sam.

16. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO! Put the crack pipe down.

CotcheryFan and UK jet like this.
  17. K'OB

Just wondered thanks :)

James Hasty likes this.
  18. K'OB

Good evening, Jerry, it seems your route running isn't that great as this is a Jets site, maybe take a turn and fuck off to https://www.orangemane.com/ were you will be idolized to your heart's content.

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This is the list of our actual picks going into the draft. This is kind of what I wished they did it may not necessarily be the best overall, but more so best overall for the Jets.

Round 1: Becton
    Round 2: Mims
    Round 3: Josh Jones
    Round 3(2nd pick): Cushenberry (would have preferred Hennessy but he went a pick before)
    Round 4: Bryce Hall
    Round 5: Tyler Johnson
    Round 6: Prince Teha Wanogo
    Round 6: Braden Mann

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

This post changed my life.

NCJetsfan and chandler like this.