The AFC East is now wide open.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It was more this bit than anything tbh

"Well. That was me. All me.

I was mocked for & haha lol laughed @ by 40+50-60 year old grown men for my defensive moxie as a kid within my young 20s with nickname labels such as "stats", "homer" "kool-aide" and "here in 09"

Isn't this the kinda line an evil spiderman villain comes out with before revealing themselves in full costume as his nemesis.

You won't laugh at me again... series of inane cackles

[​IMG]

It was a heavy start over my porridge, I can tell you that for nothing.

Falco21 likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The problem is the Bills and Dolphins both got better. I'm not a big fan of the Dolphins draft because I think they reached all over the place, but they added the two biggest guards in the draft.

We will likely have four new offensive lineman starting next year and it could be five. We only added to the defense and added depth at wide receiver. I think we added two games with the entirety of the off-season.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This thread just got really exciting post-draft. I think the Dolphins and Bills did a great job. The Jets did too. Not sure about New England, but they are still the Patriots. Josh Allen and Sam Darnold are the X-Factors in the division. If Allen can play anything close to good, the Bills should be able to compete for the AFC East Title. They have the best roster. Darnold does not have the best roster, but I think he is the best QB in the division. Can he carry the team to the top? Tough for one guy to do.

Miami looks like a solid team on paper to me. Wouldn't shock me if they went (8-8). The Patriots are interesting. Still a solid defense, but what about that offense? Can their new QB make the key throws to win all the close games the Pats are used to winning? Or will those close games flip to losses in 2020? Time will tell. At the moment, they are all pretty close, with a slight edge to Buffalo.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Buffalo has the edge right now, but we have the best QB in the division and if this line can protect him and get Bell going, Jets will be contending for a WC spot.

Dolphins, people seem to be hyping them up, but I am not a fan of some of their picks, some aren't ready to play yet (Austin Jackson, maybe Tua)

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not to be premature but.... THE AFCE IS BACK!!

7. K'OB

Christ, who let the Colts back in?

:eek:
    :D

Cman68 likes this.
  8. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Jets still the worst team in the division lol

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm not big on the Dolphins draft either. They did however, compliment Austin Jackson's athletic but weaker run blocking profile with two massive run blocking guards. So maybe it works out for them. I think they're also going to be willing to go through another year of growing pains while they let Fitzpatrick play most of the year.

They'd be silly to play Tua this year. The kids missed a lot of time with not only the hip but other injuries. Give him two years to fully recover from everything.

The Bills roster is the best in the division. They are super deep along the defensive line and their linebacking corps reminded me a lot of the Panthers backers with Kuechly and Thomas Davis. It took a hit with Lorenzo Alexander retiring but they're really in the best position to win the division. Josh Allen will just have to keep running around like an idiot to overcompensate for his wildly inaccurate arm.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What, you don’t give him credit right up there with Rex and Revis for those AFC Championship appearances?

K'OB likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You can make the argument that without Brady, it may be the weakest division in the AFC this year. That may be good for us? TBD...

12. K'OB

It was all him him him :rolleyes:

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I dunno.. BUF is still formidable, MIA is on the rise but still a work in progess just like us. NE even without Brady is still NE and until they're dethroned, they're the class of the division. NE and BUF are both good enough to win on most Sundays unless they're up against elite teams. MIA will be in most games unless they start Tua. Depending on how quickly our OL gels (or our offense in general) will determine where we wind up. With our schedule, its no lock we'll duplicate 7 wins but we won't embarrass ourselves. Yeah, I might have been a year or two premature.. :)

#253 Cman68, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Buffalo, on paper is the best offense in the AFCE. Buffalo has a good defense, as well.

Unless Stidham is a stud, I can see the Bills winning the East.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am very much hoping for a WC appearance..... and with 6 openings being voted on a team with an 8-8 record like NYJ has a shot.....tough schedule and all. ....sigh ..I will keep my green and white glasses on:rolleyes:

#255 NYJetsO12, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020