2020's NY Jets Draft Day Special - The Round we become true Playoff Contenders - 4th (3)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 25, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

[​IMG]

I do not do this often so please consider this an NFL 2020 Draft Day Special (
    NYJ)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three and I repeat (3) 4th round pick(s) @ 12:00. And with this guy (below);

[​IMG]

A.K.A The Leon Washington Round.
    [​IMG]
    Picks:
    120 (14th)
    125 (19th)
    129 (23rd)
    Super Bowl three (3) picks
    between 9 selections (120-129)

[​IMG]

2020's 4th round is where we become true Postseason Contenders
    (2020.).

Being led by the likes of three key players
    (All 3 - who I've wanted and begged for - before becoming Jets)

[​IMG]

Back in 2009 D-W-C (me) was out here talking up our NY Jets heading into 2009's NFL Draft​

I once believed in a Rex Ryan led Defense who was an excellent Defensive addition from BALTIMORE while bringing his boy Bart Scott with him as I do today with Gregg Williams as the perfect man for the likes of 8 SEC Beast Defensive Killers (as a unit) in Quinnen Williams (Alabama), C.J Mosley (Alabama), Avery Williamson (Kentucky), Jordan Jenkins (Georgia), Brian Poole (Florida), Marcus Maye (Florida), Jamal Adams (LSU) and newly welcomed addition as an SEC edge rusher opposite of Jordan Jenkins and an NFL Defensive Starter out of Florida from day one (Jabari Zuniga) who's surrounded by nothing but Jamal Adams led SEC DOGS with Gregg Williams calling X's and O's before calling for head shots.​

Back in 2009 that was Revis and Rex Time ESPN SportsCenter had me watching #24 Revis guarding the sideline felt like 21 Prime Time I even complimented an underrated under dog and 16 game starter of 2009 and nicknamed him Rudy, Rudy, Rudy I even posted YouTube highlights of Rudy Notre Dame and before you knew it (we were on our way to) back to back AFC Championship Game Appearances (And I now wish I would've loved to replace Rudy with this California kid he is straight up fire I had to check Wiki to see if he were born and raised from the state of Florida; that's how fast he is.

I was creating threads about my dude and only @ the time a 1x Pro Bowler in #24 Darrelle Revis even before us Jet fans and the media caught on to Legendary Revis Island after his first Pro Bowl of 2008 after all rookie season of 2007.

Well here in 2020 I'm loving it.

An SEC built defense around Gregg Williams,

our first All-Pro First-team selection since #24 Revis in #33 Adams (4th year).

both C.J Mosley and Avery Williamson as tackling machines up the middle (we were robbed of it last year),

Quinnen Williams on our D-Line no longer a rookie (check out Warren Sapp rookie year to 2nd season wow)

A much needed veteran presence @ CB in Desir (yessir) replacing Trumaine as an automatic upgrade to outside @ CB #1.

A younger Bless Austin on the outside (our home grown Cromartie) coming back with confidence and experience.

Two great Safety's in Jamal and Mayday leading the way already greatest Jets safety tandem all-time

A top notch Nickel Back against the slot Brian Poole.

Deeper depth much deeper in Burgess, Hewitt, a kid from Far Rockaway Queens future animal on alongside Q on our D-Line as depth, Cashman, already two 2020 Rookies etc, etc we are fully loaded.

And more importantly?

The biggest difference?

An even a bigger difference than Revis to Adams?

Our offense now has a Franchise Caliber Quarterback already in place.

And our Defense is being led by an SEC blue chip Generational Leader of a Dog both already in pace.

Joe Douglas has started to finally build around two future HOF Jets.

We're going to the playoffs.
    We're winning a Super Bowl.

K.C Just won only their First NFL SB (2nd all-time).

Since dating back to the earlier 1960's even before the 68 Jets and 86 Mets.

You see.

It's amazing how far a Franchise QB can get you

(as a young gun once surrounded by a strong Football team)

[​IMG]

#1 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    BleedJetsGreen1981 and twown like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

you have a lot of time on your hands...

3. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

We still have Gase LOL.

Noam likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wow what a way to start off the 4th round!!!
    I called it baby the LEON WASHINGTON ROUND!!!!
    I wanted this kid before a Jet too baby as an FSU fan getting a Florida Gators RUNNING BACK?!?!

LETS GOOOOOOO
    [​IMG]

#22 LETS GOOO

BleedJetsGreen1981 and Cman68 like this.
  5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Can't blame him for being excited. It's been really nice having other teams around us taking the guys with upside and "short arms".

Cman68 likes this.
  6. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

That QB we drafted is gonna be key for our SB run.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Hooray for back up running backs

Edit: Hooray for back up QBs

Edit2.0: Hooray for back up guards

This really is a draft day special.

Edit3.0: I can't believe how special of a 4th round this was.

#7 The Waterboy, Apr 25, 2020
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Let's pump the brakes a bit.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If he's half as good as his highlights, he won't be backing up anybody on this roster.

nyjrkm06 likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Excited is an understatement look at my mock draft I thought I loved it and I even named it "Building around Sam Darnold"

Douglas just kicked my ass and it's not often Jet GMs ever whoop me as mine have always been more exciting; well not this year.

• 1st round I had Jerry Jeuedy. WR.

Douglas goes and gets Sam Darnold a real Franchise Blindside protector @ 6'7 over 360 lbs in Becton @ LT (2006 all over again).

• 2nd round I had Isaiah Wilson. RT.

Douglas goes out and gets us a killer Denzel Mims (and picks up an extra pick while @ it) and Darnold a blazing fast 6'3 true outside physical #1 WR with explosive route running and unheard of catch in traffic ability @ WR #1.

• 3rd round I wanted my FSU dual threat electric Cam Akers (went 2nd round).

Douglas goes and answers my RB dream and during the 4th round with a Florida Gator kid rocking #22 with a career 5.0 yards per carry average within the elite SEC with Powerhouse Conference ready made NFL Defenses and I remember watching him absolutely destroy my FSU ACC defense 2018 and asking myself like yo who the freak is this kid?!?!?

Not against just my FSU Florida State Defense but against Auburn's dominant SEC Defense. 2019.

Also 2019's Orange bowl game MVP (just like my Florida born and raised Jerry Jeudy did during his 2019 bowl game)

He even done dominated and carried and drug the same younger Jamal Adams my boy #33 who I'll go to war for still to this day...

[​IMG]

We just walked away with the #1 offensive steal of the draft he's Leon Washington from another planet x2!

Lord knows I'm a huge RB fan since #28 Curtis Martin and God knows how much I rave about those SEC Defenses (as an FSU fan within the ACC) and this kid just destroyed this Southern Conference and with a career average of 5.0 yards per carry later and now a freaking NY Jet

And going to instantly provide Sam Darnold and our offense an absolute dynamic AFC East 1-2 punch @ RB in an All-Pro and an All-Time great Le'Veon Bell and now a kid rookie Lamical Perine; immediately becoming one of the NFL's most dynamic RB tandems come 2020 (and beyond).

Just these 3 picks alone made my draft walking away with

Becton (Franchise LT)

Mims (#1 WR on the outside)

Perine (Florida Gator fire bowl game MVP SEC and helping lead his Florida offense to an overall record of 21-5 over the previous two seasons).

He's an A++ pick I loved the Denzel Mims pick but this one is just as good!

#10 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 25, 2020
    Mogriffjr and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

In fact, you do this far, far too often.

12. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

He reminds me of the young guy in Shawshank redemption who gets killed tommy.....I give him a lot of credit he has a lot of enthusiasm

Brook! likes this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Don't you dare tell me to pump my breaks we just landed one of the only two RBs who I've talked up about wanting (pre draft) throughout early Free Agency Akers and Perine FSU/FL RBs!

You pump your breaks dude.

We just attacked offense @ RB/WR/O-Line with a Franchise QB already in place for the first time ever in my lifetime (Born in 85 and 34 as of these days).

You pump your breaks man you have a freaking Chris Herndon user name and a Chris Herndon picture up, dude.

Emmitt Smith.
    Errict Rhett.
    Fred Taylor.
    Lamical Perine (top 10 Gators RB All-time.

How's the for "break pumping"..

tomdeb and Mogriffjr like this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I like Herndon. At the same time, I fully acknowledge that he has to stay healthy and out of trouble. And how does one pump breaks? :p

15. The Waterboy

Going nuts over a guy that was the 129th highest ranked in rushing yards and 81st ranked in rush yards per attempt.

That's special in the little yellow bus meaning of special

Noam and mrodriguez4096 like this.
  16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

As the father of a special needs kid, that’s offensive.

17. The Waterboy

I apologize for that, didn't mean to offend.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hey guy who the freak ever died and named you Joe Douglas dude?

Wake up to reality (because you're not).

You're nothing more (to me) than a freaking Water Boy (here on TGG) genius.

A backup?

Why?

A1.) Because he averaged 5.0 yards per carry career average within the SEC?

A2.) Have you ever gained a single yard in college football lol if so what's your name so I can Google the water boy?

B1.) Because he's a top 10 FL Gators running back of All-Time?

B2.) Have you ever even played high school football especially down here in Florida? If so prove it with a team picture... Unless you were the teams water boy (then I'll understand why you, lol, won't and can't).

C1.) Because he'll be backing up a 27-28 year old Future HOF RB before Joe Douglas moves on from Bell with his new toy as future starting RB of your New York Jets?

C2.) Have you ever received an NCAA bowl game MVP trophy if so can you show us all?

I won't even waste any more of my time embarrassing you anymore while answering any more of your other little genius remarks/questions; until you answer all 6 of my questions (1-6 and A1 through C2).

And then and only then will I expose you some more as I rip apart the rest of your post full of cluelessness.

As I was typing this up my boy Joe Douglas just drafted everyone's fan favorite ACC CB in Bryce Hall and during the... 5th!

Let's gooooooooo

let's gooooooo

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

meh where a RB is picked means very little. Perine can very well be a nice backup for Bell here and it fills a need. He runs downhill with power and has good hands, he pretty much is a 3 down back.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Today I woke up to a quote on my draft day telling me to "shut up" because I'm "always wrong".

•I laughed it off.

•But I felt disrespected.

•And still have not responded (yet).

•Instead I came up with a master mind plan.

• And I created a new TGG game.

✓ I'm working on it right now.

✓ I'm currently in the process of creating a thread called

"QUOTE YOURSELF FOR TRUTH"

While featuring 10 of my All-Time threads such as (too many to count)

1.) My 2009 thread(s) about our DEFENSE heading into 2009's draft (while I was called stats, homer and lol laughed @ all the way into Indy AFCCG) same user name all all (look ma no hands).

2.) My Sam Darnold thread begging for NY to suck for Sam to become a Jet after his Rose Bowl Performance MVP (a homer wanting to lose for 1 season in order for a future SB) vs. my dude Saquan Barkley who I'll post his threads pt.2 VOL 2

3.) My write-ups on all 4 of Robby Anderson, Jordan Jenkins, Marcus Maye and Jamal Adams after their rookie season(s) ala I hit the nail on the head for all 4 (unlike you, and others).

4.) My screaming for Le'Veon Bell Thread with a poll while still a Pittsburgh Steelers holdout (the thread that got me suspended for mocking and laughing at people like you) with videos and pictures included; kind of similar to this one too.

5.) My Jamal Adams thread where I took the time (like 15 minutes) and actually created an account over on LSUs fan forum (immediately following #33's all Rookie team selection while making fun of NY fans such as yourself with 2 DWC posts compared to over 100 LSU crazed SEC defensive football fans predicting Pro Bowl and All Pro status for Jamal 2017-2018) in order to shut big mouth New Yorkers up about a kid who was raised by LSU faithful and alumni alike (fast forward and we were all right).

6.) My thread about both Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye going back to back before their rookie seasons.

7.) My RB Dalvin Cook as an FSU fan thread who we passed on for Maye.

8.) My Darrelle Revis thread after his 2007 All-Rookie team selection (before reaching his Pro Bowl and All Pro status, his injury and before his future HOF honors). I'll even post the lockout thread to expose those who HATE to see Jet players paid (better hide find and edit; and quickly too lol)

9.) My 2006 Ferguson/Brick thread (ala been around here (TGG) the old JetsInsider (over there) JN (everywhere) and with an internet that has saved them all for me while I'm also reading right now... I was better than the beat writers "here in 09" yup here in 09 was my famous saying I made famous

10.) My off-season before heading into our 2010 thread while Jet fans were mocking me for "backing into week 17 playoffs Cincy" "Sanchez accuracy percentage" "Holmes a locker room cancer" "will come back down to earth" "strength of 09 schedule" I'm reading it all now holy crap "laughing @ DWC all along all while l laughed all the way to the AFC Championship Game (x2)

while consisting of Photoshop family pictures that were taken off Myspace with my (now) daughters mother as a giraffe with me sitting on her Porzingis Latvian shoulders (yes I was in love with a Latvian dream girl before NY ever heard of Porzingis) and now an 8 almost 9 year old daughter and a beautiful wife who's prettier than Ana Kournikova and met her 15 freshman hs (changed my entire life I no longer wanted to even play basketball with my friends anymore) lol 19 years later I'm so happy we moved from Queens to St. Pete (specifically) because while I was getting laughed at by grown 40-60 yo men during my younger 20s (34 today) it was me and my soon to be wife our only daughter's mommy who was laughing with me DWC and getting kisses after bannings lol

You see.

Today I woke up on draft day to a quote telling me to "shut up because I'm always wrong".

I felt disrespected.

Now I get to create a JN game called

"QUOTE YOURSELF FOR TRUTH"

in order to witness our greatest threads and our greatest articles we've ever written (of all time).

In my thread there will no personal attacks allowed

(you'll play by my rules now)

and no arguing allowed neither.

I will select 32Green as my mod who will ban any posts full of one line fillers.

(sporting articles will be encouraged)

and Brooke! will be my other mod by choice as has always been classy to me and one of the most kindest mods ever.

And for those of you who can not quote yourself for truth outside of 1 line fillers?

Well then I'll feel bad for and then mock you.

Because guess what?

You'll become exposed and will not be able to play within my game - due to a crap posting history full of your nothingness type of insight (lack thereof).

Everyone be on the lookout.

"Quote yourself for Truth".

Coming soon to a TGG forum (near you)