2020 NFL Draft - Rounds 2&3 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 24, 2020.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If Hennessey or Cushenberry are there, screw it. Go all out and build the biggest wall you can. I want Pittman or Claypool with Van Jefferson later (round 3 or 4?).

KY Jets Fan and FJF like this.
  2. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

dawinner127 likes this.
  3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Lots of awesome players left for tonight!

I hope we get at least one of these guys and 2 of them would be a dream come true

Higgins, Claypool, Pittman, Hennessy, Cushenberry, Swift, Dobbins, Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Uche, Jaylon Johnson, Diggs, Fulton, Kmet

4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

If the board fell like that, I'd prefer they take Pittman. Plus, with the depth issues the jets have, I'd rather they not trade up. Trade down, maybe.

5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

That Mock agrees with NC's feeling that both Pittmann and Claypool will be available. Douglas alluded to the line being addressed and now he was targeting playmakers. It will be a WR (I hope)

6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Give me Pittman, Mims, or Higgins at 48 and this draft will have gotten off to a fantastic start.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I just can’t see the Colts and Jags passing on WRs. I think Claypool will be the only of the the big 4 WRs left for us which is fine but we can’t fuck around and wait til the third. None of those guys have WR1 potential. Pray one of Mims, Pittman, Claypool or Higgins is there and run to the virtual podium to take whichever is.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’m not big on Mims.. if the other 3 are gone I’d go to another position of need.

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

There's still so much talent left on the board. Never thought I'd say this but I'm almost as excited for tonight as I was last night!

Almost... haha

Here's hoping we walk away with LT1 and WR1 after tonight!!

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

I never thought I’d say this but at some point, You have to move on from the OL. That’s not to say we’re done because I hope we aren’t but you can only start 5 OL. We’ve spent the 11th pick overall plus over $20 mil on the OL this season while most areas of need were left untouched (WR, edge, etc.). We have to go WR in the second round no matter what.

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

For the right guy I think I use our fourth round pick to move up a few spots.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm scared that we select Shenault at WR. He's the one receiver I absolutely don't want to see in a Jets uniform.

I think we go WR or RB with this pick.

K'OB likes this.
  14. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Can’t go rb - have bell and can get prospects much later. Gotta got edge or preferably wr.

FJF likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

Shenault is the ultimate red flag. I hope we go nowhere near him even if he free falls into the third and we for some reason didn’t go receiver in 2.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I would be very surprised if Jones makes it to 48 and even more surprised if the Jets take him there. Especially because in that mock they have a ton of good WR's on the board at 48.

I think the Jets feel comfortable with Becton at LT and whoever wins the competition at RT between Fant and Edoga. I think the pick would be an IOL at 48 if they're still focused on the line, someone like Cushenberry or Hennessy if they make it there.

I really hope the pick is a WR, that's gotta be the focus for today. We protected Sam in the 1st, now lets give Sam some good weapons to throw the ball to. Walking away from the draft today with any 2 of Pittman, Shenault, Mims, Higgins, Claypool, Jefferson, Edwards, or Peoples-Jones would be a home run start to this draft.

NCJetsfan, FJF, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  17. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i'm not going to be surprised if we pick an EDGE

JD strikes me as a guy who builds the team front-to-back and wants the lines fortified before glamour positions

Having said that, I am personally happy to read (above) that there are still quality WRs on radar. We're certainly due for a good one

18. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I gotta say, I know this won’t be popular but the Jets need to look at who is there at #48 and then figure out who might be there in rd. 3...

If one of the 3 stud RB’s are there at #48 and the top 3 WR’s (ex. Mims, Higgins, Pittman) are gone... then maybe it’s worth taking one instead of a WR.

We got the roadgrader OT, could you imagine Jonathon Taylor (225 lb fast power back) running behind him... would be like the Titans...

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This x a million.

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You definitely can go RB. RB is stacked this year, just like WR. There will likely be RBs available at our pick that definitely deserved to go in the first round.

Bell isn't the future. Weapons are weapons at the end of the day.

Edge options are ass in this draft. No thanks.