DWC's 2020 TGG-NFL Jets Draft (Building Around Sam Darnold)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 23, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

The theme of my Draft was Offense, Offense, Offense, Offense, Offense and More Offense (Sam Darnold time).

Round 1 (11): Jerry Jeudy - Alabama

First (1st Round) Jets Wide Receiver Drafted since Dating Back to Santana Moss (2001)

Born and Raised Florida DNA and an Alabama Champion.

[​IMG]

Round 2 (48) - Isaiah Wilson - Georgia - Offensive Tackle

First (2nd Round) Jets Offensive Lineman Drafted over the past 10 Years (2010)

[​IMG]

Round 3 (68) - Cam Akers - Running Back - Florida State

First Jets Running Back drafted (within the first 3 Rounds) since dating back to Shonn Greene (2009)

(Leonard Williams trade from NYG)

Top 5 FSU Running Back of All-Time and just as talented as the likes of Dalvin Cook (who I wanted over Maye round 2 (Leon Washington on steroids).

[​IMG]

Round 3 (79) - John Simpson - Guard - Clemson

2x National Champion: Consensus first team All-American (2019) and First Team All-ACC (2019)

[​IMG]

Round 4 (120) - Van Jefferson - Wide Receiver - Florida

Another Excellent Route Runner - And with me being down here in Florida - I just couldn't pass this kid up (Love him)

[​IMG]

Round 5 (158) - Isaiah Hodgins - Wide Receiver - Oregon State

Excellent size @ 6'4 209 lbs - My favorite 2020 WR Sleeper - 86 receptions for 1,171 receiving yards and 13 TD's (2019)

[​IMG]

Round 6 (191) - Joe Gaziano - Edge - Northwestern

J.J Watt Type of size @ 6'4 275 lbs - Made his living within the backfield - 30.0 career sacks (49 tackles for loss)

[​IMG]

Round 6 (211) - Zach Shackelford - Center - Texas

Very High I.Q of the Center position and the leader of one of the best Offensive Lines in the Country. With no 7th rounders I had to take one more swing @ O-Line.

[​IMG]

And all of a sudden Sam Darnold now features Kansas City Chiefs types of offensive weapons everywhere @ every skilled player position (behind a much improved JD offensive line).

And a Defense that's already ready made and playoff ready and being led by Jamal Adams, C.J Mosley, Quinnen Williams and Gregg Williams.

#1 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    boozer32 and twown like this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You still take Jeudy if Lamb is available?

Asking for a friend.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Lamb

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  4. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

He's still hurting from the Johnny Lam Jones pick. No more Lams, Lambs, Lamps, etc on the team!

boozer32 likes this.
  5. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I’m more of a OT at #11, but this well done, thought out + realistic too. good job!

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'd flip round one and two. OT round one, WR round two.

Outside of that, I'd be thrilled with this.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Yes, I agree with the pick. Jeudy over Lamb.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. I can't help it. I'm SEC Florida crazed Football dating back to 15 once my family moved from South Ozone Park Queens to Saint Petersburg Florida I've believed in SEC Defenses and the offensive kids who can actually dominate them. He's an Alabama Champion but he's born and raised within Florida and has Florida's DNA (born with it and can not be taught). He's different. He's just Florida special man (I've seen it one too many times we passed on Dalvin Cook for Marcus Maye and I turned my TV off I was pissed).

Kids like Santana, Coles, Harvin and Robby were all 4 Florida kids and none of them were ever on Jerry Jeudy's route running ability and I personally have not seen it ever since Marvin Harrison. He's sickness.

Think Robby Anderson who i loved. Now think Jerry Jeudy. And just think what Sam Darnold could do with a JERRY JEUDY! Florida vs. Florida the difference is 1st Rd talent vs. Undrafted talent.

Just put it this way.

Jerry is one of the most freakish kids Florida has ever produced in terms of natural god given athletic ability once coming out of the state of Florida. It's a culture down here too H.S Football Games are more exciting than NYJ Football Games. He turned down the Gators/MIA/FSU to win with Alabama. He's self made. He's mature too. He left his family and friends to chase his dreams and win @ Alabama.

He's just as freakish as these born and raised Florida kids once coming out...

(no specific order it's impossible).

Deion Sanders.
    Ray Lewis.
    Emmitt Smith.
    Michael Irvin.
    Brian Dawkins.
    Devin Hester.
    Chad Johnson (Ochocinco).
    Frank Gore.
    Chris Johnson.
    Derrick Brooks.
    Warren Sapp.
    Santana Moss.
    Andre Johnson.
    Laveranues Coles
    Deacon Jones.
    Vince Wilfork.
    Anquan Boldin.
    Derrick Thomas.
    Edgerrin James.
    Leon Washington (Jet fan favorite).
    Antonio Cromartie.
    Fred Taylor.
    Jevon Kearse.
    Willis McGahaee.
    LeRoy Butler.
    Patrick Peterson.
    Jonathan Vilma.
    Bo Jackson.
    Sean Taylor (RIP kid).

I can't even name them all.

Lamar Jackson.
    Dalvin Cook.
    Fowler Jr.
    Xavier Rhodes.
    T.Y Hilton.
    Antonio Brown.
    Amari Cooper.
    Frank Gore.
    Geno Atkins.
    Nick Bosa.
    Joey Bosa.
    Khalil Mack.
    Derwin James.
    Derick Henry.

I'm tired.

Vince Carter.
    Roy Jones Jr.

Too many to count.

Look, tell your friend he can combine all of his Louisiana All-Time greats together and I've got my money on Jerry Jeudy and the State of Florida as Jerry Jeudy is our prized possession tonight
    and he's truly the pride of the entire State of Florida's 2020 Draft Class.

I know enough about Florida Football (starting since before high school) as it's a religion and a culture down here and exactly 20 years later I 100% know that Jerry Jeudy is one of the most freakish Florida athletes of All-TIme once on the football field coming out of HS/NCAA.

And you're a fool if you ever pass him up (while staring @ you dead in the face) for an overrated 1st round O-Lineman who's not on Jerry's skill level because Jerry is on another level. An elite State of Florida level.

[​IMG]

He's Florida confident too.
    He can not be guarded.
    He an not be stopped.
    And he knows it too (2019's Bowl Game MVP).

See for yourselves

Because if you were born and raised in Queens but Florida raised since only 15; you would't pass up on this kid either.

#8 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  9. Dierking

Well, I did ask.

twown likes this.
  10. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

I’m not taking an interior lineman until the 4th earliest, definitely not taking 2 in the draft.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

And I answered.

And provided a list of only a HANDFUL of freakishly freakish Florida born and raised kids.

Try and make one for football NY kids lol

Florida would eat those Queens Brooklyn and Bronx kids alive like Gators Tomahawk Chop them down like Seminoles while blowing them out the waters like a Hurricane and @ the same time showing them what kids from the slums of Miami Date, St. Pete (Tampa Bay) and Jacksonville are all about.

To pass on Jeudy is to pass on an All-Time freakishly talented kid out of Florida. It's stupid for me to even think about and I can't comprehend just the thought.

Look @ his bowl games. Killed it while Ruggs disappeared.

Look at his #s without Tua; he killed again.

2019 Bowl Game MVP too (only as good as your last game).

None of these O-Lineman 1st round hold a candle light to this kids impact ability.

He turned down the Gators/FSU and Miami and won him a bowl game MVP with Alabama.

Floridians would laugh at New Yorkers begging for an O-Lineman over our freakishly freakish Florida DNA talent in Jerry. Before trying to throw snow balls that do not exist down here all the way @ NY for bed by so cluelessness about winning SOUTHERN Football.

12. Dierking

Fair enough. Not a lot of hasidim playing ball, true. But "freakishly freakish"? Jesus fucking god, even for a professional rapper that's pathetic.

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Wow almost 20 years since the Jets took a WR in the first round. That is just tragic. Nice mock hit on all that we need.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's Barry Sanders once catching the Football with Juke moves only way words can describe him and not even the State of Florida has ever seen anything like him before.

Just go and watch his game tape yes he's freakishly freakish with the types of juke moves and stopping on the dime RB ability; it's something that the WR position has yet to see before.

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I would be thrilled with this draft. The only knock I have is 3 WR's seems like overkill. I get that we need WR's, but still.

mrjet80 and Joe D MVP like this.
  16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Damn didn’t know Jeudy had that Florida DNA, no longer want him as that usually equals HUGE bust.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. It's pathetic.

Keyshawn and Marshall/Decker made the Jets fun again scoring passing touchdowns again with freaking Vinny and Fitz I couldn't imagine Jeudy for Sam.

1996 Key.
    2001 Santana.

Both went down as TB & Washington legends all while the Jets ruined Pennington and Sanchez with no receivers to score TDs with. Here here's Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene now pound the rock 40x per game and hope my user name wins a championship; that's all we've ever been.

And before Key of 1996 (11 years old) it was Al Toon of 1985 (year I was born)

This Franchise freaking sucks and so does the fan base who wanted to run a "#2 WR" out of town and one who was productive with 6-7 different QBs all because he wasn't a dominant #1 outside receiver.

And here one is. Another Florida kid. Who's 10x better than Robby and automatic 1K+ starting from Rookie season on. His name is Jeudy.

Yes. Let's go O-Line in a passing league and make it 20 years of no #1 WR said only Jets franchise freaking disgusting

boozer32 likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

State of Florida has more HOF and All Pro players than any state All-Time.

If Florida kids are huge busts what's that say about NY kids and every other U S state then? Lol @ you.

19. Dierking

Oh, I'm not knocking him. He's a fucking stallion. I'm not sure he's something the world has never seen before, but I'm a little more restrained in my praise than most. Its a Queens thing, you hombres with FLA DNA wouldn't understand.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

If the Jets are drafting 3 of any position it will be the OL. WR I see them drafting just 2...….