Jets doing homework on trading up

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 22, 2020.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’ve seen a couple of mocks that have the Jets taking Morgan in the sixth round. Apparently they have done more than one virtual hook up with him....

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Not to be a picky asshole, but his name is BectoN not BectoR.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Connor Clickbait

click...

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Fast risers always spook me.

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I would like that a lot, do you think Okhuda would be a good pick at 11 given the fact that the draft is so deep with WR?

6. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

There are rumors that becton has knee problems according to some teams iam said on nfl network

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

No chance he is there. Falcons would draft up before us and select him. He’s probably going to the Lions, if he falls then the Cardinals or Jaguars.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Burrows, Herbert, Chase Young, Ohkuda, 4 OT, Tua, Brown, probably gone before Jets pick, I’m thinking Lamb is going to be the pick. It just seems like the board is dictated by the linemen this year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Prior to th combine I saw multiple scouting outlets grading him as mod second round (with the jets getting him in the second round in a lot of mocks.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Me Too!

Beware of Becton, a fast riser.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Agreed. A fast riser that’s also considered somewhat of a project and already got popped for weed (I personally don’t care, but still). It’s not a great combo of descriptors.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You're absolutely 100% correct. Becton was at best a late 2nd rd talent before the combine. Becton needs a lot work on technique. The "Herd of People" fall in love with the 40 time, which means very little at the OT position. Or love the size of Becton, which can be a negative. Very few JUMBO size tackles make it in the NFL, weight issues and injuries. Plus he failed a piss test, may not be a big deal to some, but if he fails another in 60 days, he's taking time off. Also, there was a report he isn't dedicated to football, he stated, his first love is cooking in the kitchen ...doesn't sound like a JD kinda a player.

Buyer Beware.

13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Glad to see more people hopping on the Lynn Bowden bandwagon!! I seriously hope he's our main target at 120. He would be a great value pick at that point IMO.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I mentioned it in my last post, it sounds like everything JD ISN'T looking for.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I think some fans listen too much to the grumpy old analysts and beat writers that have been pounding the “offensive line over everything, never take a receiver in the first round“ drum for as long as I can remember. It’s important especially in our current situation but I don’t think that’s how a good NFL GM operates. You don’t just take the fourth best tackle just question marks galore because he’s a tackle and pass on the best receiver available especially when receiver is borderline just as big of a need for you.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I couldn't agree more. I think the pick will be Becton tonight but I would take Lamb or Jeudy over Becton at 11 if all 3 were available.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Yeah heard that + he’s on the Pats radar too. The Pats always get the guys I like. I liked Stidham last year + told my “Pats” friend he was the kind of Qb the Pats would take, which he said nah... and I also like Winovich...

The damm Pats have a lot of picks again (12). A lot of people think they take a Qb earlier, but nope... They are going to take Morgan this year, role with Hoyer/Stidham//Morgan and then take a Qb next year if need be.

My prediction anyway...

18. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think the Jets should be in more a trade down mindset as they have a lot of wholes. Having said that, for the right price/player, I would understand..

If you told me it would cost the Jets second third rounder to jump Arizona, Cleveland and Jacksonville to go draft Jedrick Wills/Andrew Thomas, I wouldn't be furious.

Personally, if all the OL are gone, I'd try and trade down and pick up an additional second or third.

19. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Agree... this works especially well when you have a system in place that works. The Pats don’t need the best talent, their drafted guys never go on to more success when they leave the Pats. They find guys who fit their system.

Unfortunately, the Jets have no system with proven success... So when you trade down and collect picks you are just throwing darts hoping to hit a bullseye. Not to say that’s a bad way to go...

20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well he’s another one who won’t be around. He’ll be off the board either at #3 or #4. The Jets could use a lock down CB of course....

But I’m thinking it’s either an OT at 11 or a trade down .....