Rockinz Jets Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Hey all, this is my annual mock draft! I took several skill qualities and needs in making my selections for the Jets. I did the first 3 rounds as the later rounds are a crap shoot.

1st round - 11th overall - OT Jedrick Wills
    Wills can step in day 1 and by far the best tackle on the squad. He also in my opinion faced the toughest competition and stood up to the competition. I believe he is the most ready to start as a LT with his footwork and hand control. I also feel he has space to grow with his technique and on his frame.

2nd round - 48th overall - WR Tee Higgins
    I believe Higgins is going to be a steal. Similar to how Michael Thomas was a 2nd rounder. He reminds me of Branden Marshal in a lot of ways on the field. We need a big body receiver for red zone, back shoulder plays, jump balls and fades.

3rd round - 68th overall - CB Jaylon Johnson
    A playmaker at corner is an absolute must. Jaylon has great instincts and size to compete with NFL wide receivers. I think he can start right away and possibly be the number 1 corner moving forward.

3rd round - 79th overall - Marlon Davidson DE
    We need pass rushers and Davidson is a beast that is great against the run, sets the edge and has a good motor on a solid frame.

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't like taking cb's from that part of the country since Kyle Wilson--maybe I'm just biased.

boozer32 likes this.
  3. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Love the draft outside of Davidson who isn't a standup OLB edge rusher.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like Willis also but he might be the top guy now with the OT's going from Big 4 to Big 3 with Becton piss getting flagged.

5. Rockinz

This is very true. Wills and Wirfs are my 2 favourite LT in this draft. I like Becton over Thomas as I feel Thomas needs a lot of work in pass protection and that’s not good news for Sam.

I think Becton is still a good player and in a trade back scenario I would be good with picking him up if Wills and Wirfs are gone by pick 11.

Wills by far is the best LT prospect in the draft his athletic abilities, experience at a high level and mental fortitude is evident throughout this process. We will be lucky to get him. My worry is the Browns and Giants think the same. My optimism is that the Browns and Giants front office have shown they like to mess up draft picks because they think they are too smart.

boozer32 likes this.
  6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Chances are very high that Wills and Wirfs will be gone by the 11th pick. They are clearly the 2 best - I would place Thomas slightly below them and Becton down a bit from there only because of his no-no test at the combine. Question is , does JD pick either Thomas or Becton over Jeudy/Lamb , whom are clearly the better players? I know who I would pick. And considering a fans point of view, it's the two that would make the Jets a very fun team to watch.

boozer32 likes this.
  7. Rockinz

I took him because it’s obvious we need pass rushers in any way shape or form and I think he can get there in the nickel D off the edge on 3rd down and can play LDT/RDT in a 3-4 base D.

themorey likes this.
  8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I don't know if any of those players drop that far but I would be happy with this draft.

Rockinz and boozer32 like this.
  9. boozer32

I hope the Big 3 or 4 are gone by pick 11. If Jeudy and Lamb are there and Douglas goes in another direction it will be really weird around here. Unless Douglas does a good job selling the fans on why he made that pick.

BomberJet likes this.
  10. BomberJet

There is no question that if all 4 OT's are gone by 11, he'll be feeling the heat to do the right thing. You've got Jeudy or Lamb waiting there - trading down would be the other option but he has to not take the bait in an impetuous manner just to grab more picks. The 2 WR's, imo, are the sure things.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Nice job.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Brandon Aiyuk vs. Jaylon Johnson: .1 rec., 7 yds. . Utes 21-3.

13. boozer32

I like Ruggs but he won't be around pass 14 I believe and the Niners might trade up for him. Jeudy and Lamb are similar. Ruggs is a difference maker IMHO. Would not be upset if Douglas picked him.

BomberJet likes this.
  14. BomberJet

15. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

JD has a very long contract. I don't think he'll be feeling any heat at all. He's free to do it his way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rockinz likes this.
  16. Rockinz

Yes it’s definitely a draft that needs to fall our way

17. BomberJet

I'm not sure I agree only because this is his first draft as a GM - he's making the calls on this. If he doesn't get an impact player in, at least the 1st round to help Sam out , he's going to hear from the fans and the media. New York is a very unforgiving place.

ColoradoContrails likes this.