Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I love Adams but the dude is a safety. I’m not gonna shed tears over losing a safety while getting back multiple picks. This teams needs depth.

QB, OL, EDGE, CB

those are the most important positions. Once we figure that out, we can talk about safeties and receivers and shit

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I get the notion but you’re going t tell me that we need to worry about backup QB before WR when our WR room consists of a slot receiver, two former first rounders on their third and fourth teams, and a bunch of practice squad players? Shit not even CB is as important as WR is right now. And guess what, if you lose Adams then your CB problem just got a whole lot worse.

amuck57 likes this.
  3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams is one of the best young safeties in the game probably only behind Derwin James. Next year we pay him or we trade him this year it’s really that simple. I don’t think paying him this year makes much sense as he’s on a 5 year deal including his option.

I personally need to take into consideration JD knows all the background details that we simply don’t have access too. If he wants to be traded behind the scenes get rid of him now. If he wants to stay and lead our D with Mosley then so be it and sign him. It really depends on Adams. A proper return would be at least a 1st + 2nd + 2nd in 2021 if not 2 x 1st rounders like the Ramsey deal.

On the flip side his salary should be in the ball park of the top safety in the game if not the top safety salary in the game.

ColoradoContrails and Since1969 like this.
  4. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

no, I get it. I’m not worried about backup QB. But I’m also talking in terms of paying these positions. If you can trade Adams for a few picks that leads to two new receivers, is that something you’d consider?

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I like Jamal, but there is way too much smoke for this to not eventually become a fire. I've been saying for over a year now that this is reminding me of the Porzingis situation a little bit. The lesson I learned from that situation is that if a player is clearly unhappy, trade him when his value is highest. The Knicks reportedly had crazy offers for KP, but decided to keep him. A year later they traded him for pennies on the dollar.

If you can get multiple early picks for Jamal Adams, you need to do it now. I've said a few times that the amount of flexibility an additional 1st and 2nd/3rd would offer could really help the Jets rebuild the offense. The ability to trade up back into the first, the ability to move a 3rd round pick for Trent Williams while retaining the original two 3rd rounders. There are a lot of different things that could be done, and if the price is a player who doesnt want to be here, I believe it would be silly to not seriously consider.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I for one fully concur that those are the four most critical and valuable positions on any team. Probably most GMs might even prioritize stud edge ahead of LT. Where the big bucks are eventually distributed is undisputed: at FQB first, stud Pass rusher second, and it goes from there, IMO safety is slightly below a stud CB, WR and LT, but I might be off depending on the team specific composition.
    Unfortunately for us, all we have in the making is a young QB, a top safety and that is it. No anchor at LT, no Edge/pass rusher, nor top CB, nor a stud WR. I would argue all those take priority over a safety if it comes to either/or for the teams best interests. I hope we can accommodate Adams and renegotiate at a top value for a safety, but I hold the line to pay at the value for the best defensive position in football we so desperately need.
    I also think that Adam's situation will not survive status quo very long. Either negotiate his extension this year or seriously consider a mega trade in 2020/2021.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but Jamal has 0 reasons to be unhappy except for the fact that he is an immature, egocentric jerk. He is going to get PAID a lot of money eventually. He finally has a GM who looks like he can put the Jets in the right direction. Darnold is entering Year 3, the defense has a strong nucleus anchored by Adams. Brady left the division. He should be excited for the Jets future, instead he whines 24/7 because Douglas took some calls on him at the deadline and DID NOT trade him? Honestly, embarrassing and ridiculous. The more I think about it, the more ridiculous Jamal sounds and needs to be shipped out if his brain truly lacks basic logic.

MJK, rinvesto and LAJet like this.
  8. Adams loses credibility by demanding the team make wholesale improvements to the roster w marquee names while simultaneously wanting to be the highest paid player at his position w 2 yrs left on his deal. Cant have it both ways.

9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Depth over star starters isn't a plan.

He's the best player we've drafted since Revis given Darnold is an incomplete

And its not even close

donkey likes this.
  10. LF911SC

Where has Adams said he wants to be paid now? Where has he said he wants to toss the last 2 years on his deal?

Where has he been quoted as saying he wants to be paid as the top of his position? And given he is the top of the position why shouldn't he be paid? And what does Adams getting paid have to do with brining improvements to the roster? We've made lots of improvements, are paying Mosely 17 mil etc

11. BroadwayAaron

12. LF911SC

So where in this does he say he wants to be paid now? Nevermind extensions aren't being paid now, they're paid at the end of the deal.

Also the talks were initiated by JD and the Jets. I'm not being he wants to be paid or else he'll be a problem or that he wants to even be the highest paid. Read nothing acrimonious, nothing threatening, nothing self centered or egotistical in that tweet.

Hes a player who has outplayed his contract and the Jets would probablyly like to lock him up long term or find out if its not going to happen. Not big deal, other than those who want to trade him and have lots of reasons why. None of which have anything to do with his contributions on the field and in the locker.

13. BroadwayAaron

You don't think a player saying he wants an extension before the season means he wants to be paid now? I mean...

Also I was only pointing out that he said he wants to be paid now, not that he's going to be a headache or holdout or anything like that. I don't think he's been that way since deadline day where he had has little outburst. I have no doubt that he'll holdout though, I just don't think it's something we should be worrying about before the draft.

LF911SC likes this.
  14. LF911SC

Not when the team is the one who initiates those talks. Or that its a mutual deal.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Possibly! I was sad to see Robbie go. Not sure what would happen to my brain if Adams is traded. Either way I'll keep my ADAMS jersey. It hangs in the mancave right next to Namath, Pennington, and Tebow (someone bought my wife a knockoff Tebow jersey!)

LF911SC likes this.
  16. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Pl
    Please remind me of a game that he won for us. He does his job, but Revs won or sealed games for us. Revis neutralized other teams best wr. There is no comparison besides they are both good. You expected Revis to deflect every pass and when he didn’t it was ok because he is human, what do we expect from Adams, that he will tackle a player after he catches the ball. I’ve read all the stats...blah blah blah, not the same impact especially against good teams.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Did you not watch the Cowboys game?

donkey and FJF like this.
  18. LF911SC

Well Id say your memory is a little clouded. He won the Dallas game. He had the big stuff on 4th down in the Red Zone and then broke up the 2 point conversion play. Then vs the Giants he was the one who took the ball away from Jones, took it in for a TD to win the game.

You've read all the stats, blah, blah, blah and forgot to watch the actual games.

Because you hate a player who wants nothing more than to win while carrying on about a player who only cared about his check, not who he played for. As great a player as Revis was, and he was one of my all time favorite Jets, he could care less about the team. Unlike Adams who repeatedly has said he wants to stay a Jet, win with the Jets, while giving 150% game in, game out.

Oh, while youre in the mood, tell me about 2 games where Revis specifically made game winning plays in. Revis contributions were shutting down WRs, top WRs, I loved it, but game changing, signature plays? Right, similar to Adams and also similarly both players contributions are important to the defense and the Jets. They both contribute to playing winning football

#1778 LF911SC, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    dawinner127 and FJF like this.
  19. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

You consider DALLAS and the Giants good teams last year?

20. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

They should let him return punts

That would keep him happy