Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Totally agree, it's pro football you play for pay. The other side of that is every NFL team should maximize the value of every player by paying them as little as possible for as long as possible and trading them before the leverage goes to the player. That also means the window where it works for both the player and the team has to be explored by both sides to see if a deal that works for both sides exists.

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Why not trade him straight up to JAX for Yannick Ngakoue?

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You're sort of defeating the purpose in trading one guy who wants a massive contract for another. One who has less team control, is even more disgruntled with not having a long term extension and is about six months older.

He plays a more premium position, but I think the idea behind trading Adams is to get a bevy of picks to build an offense around a guy you think is the franchise quarterback.

4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Well give that hes the best young safety un the league and its about timing when he signs he should be

And more than likely the next up, even if not as good as Jamal, will pass him on the pay scale'
    Thats how it works

5. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

He bette be paid. But, if he’s not happy about being on a bad team, trade him. Money won’t solve that.

6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I like Jamal, love his passion, and his ability on the field is without question - but, I do believe that even if he does get the extension that it will bring very little longterm happiness. I have no way of knowing this, and I could be entirely wrong, but my gut tells me that an extension will only serve as a bandaid that keeps him happy for a much shorter time than the length of his next contract...

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Well they played before Twitter was popular lol.
    If Adams is too much for Douglas to handle then we don’t have the right GM. It’s his job to handle players who want to be paid.....they all want to be paid.
    Adams puts in the work and does his part, so I’m not seeing the problem.
    My response was to a poster suggesting you can’t win by paying safeties btw, which is clearly not true.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Lol on Twitter. Good point. Adam will get paid eventually, at a top safety value, not top defensive player value which he ain’t. But he has two years left in his contract, so he is not JD number one priority right now.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I love what he said about surrounding Adams with like minded players.

It looks so good on paper.

But he also called Robby a great player how'd that one turn out?

I'm cautiously optimistic. This one should be a no brainer but with the Jets ya never know.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Colin Cowherd on The Herd today ranked Jamal Adams as the 6th best player in the NFL yet also said the Jets should trade him and Jamal RT'd it. Then the NFL tweeted Jamal's draft story and Jamal never even mentions the Jets once or that he is a part of the Jets, and wears all black with no Jets logos on it. Another interesting day in the Jamal Adams saga!

12. 101GangGreen101

Cmon TDK! He retweeted only the rankings, I wouldn't think too much into this.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

Robby wanted to play for his old coach at Temple. You really never know but it would be a jets thing to trade a young great player only to use those draft picks to try and replace him.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Just watched a 2017 NFL Draft replay on ESPN. So cool.

Jon Gruden, who was front and center at the 'Big Table' was pushing hard for Cleveland to take Jamal Adams #1 overall.

Gruden said Jamal was by far the best player in the draft. He said Jamal would be a better QB on defense than any of the QBs in the draft would be on offense.

Browns took Myles Garrett #1 overall.

Then 49ers swapped #2 with #3 with to the Bears. Before the Bears made their pick, Gruden was sure they traded up one slot for Adams and was saying how good Jamal will be on the Bears. Nope. They took Trubisky. No one had even discussed Trubisky as a possibility. Kinda of shocked the announcers. They had nothing prepared for him. lol

49ers then took Solomon Thomas, DE.

Jacksonville then shocked the announcers again and took Leonard Fournette, a player they're now trying to get rid of. Another LOL.

Tennessee then took oft injured WR Corey Davis, the fastest WR in the draft (4.2 40).

Jets quickly snatched up the best player in the draft at #6.

Rounding out the top 10: Mike Williams WR, Christian McCaffrey RB/WR, and Patrick Mahomes. Deshaun Watson went 12.

A few other notables: 11 Marshon Lattimore DB (Saints), 17 Jonathan Allen DE (Wash), 23 Evan Engram TE (NYG), 25 Jabrill Peppers S (Cleveland).

Overall I think 2017 was a pretty solid draft. Lots of big names still playing.

Jets followed Jamal with Marcus Maye. Then the steal of the draft with we somehow landed ArDarious Stewart in the 3rd. But we weren't done. We somehow landed Chad Hanson in the 4th. CHAD HANSON! Can you believe it???

Jordan Leggett TE and Dylan Donahue DL and Elijah McGuire RB and Jeremy Clark CB.

But ya, Adams was the best pick we've had in 10 years. Sam might bump him off the spot, we'll see!

blackssmagic and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:D Hope you are right!

16. WarriorRB28

Adams is awesome. IMO he's already one of the best Jets players I've ever seen and I don't think I've ever seen a Jets player with his combination of talent, intensity, ferocity, leadership, work ethic, , love for the game, intangibles he truly is the total package a rare, rare football player.

He's Ray Lewis in a safeties body that's the best way I can describe him. He's a generational talent.

The chances of the Jets trading him away and finding another player of his caliber in the draft or getting one in return in a trade is close to 0% anything is possibly but it's highly unlikely.

But these other teams see a opening to fleece the stupid Jets so we have to hold our breath. They'll pay Trumaine Johnson but they play hardball with Adams.

17. WarriorRB28

Possibly ever after all is said & done.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  18. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Did you guys catch this blurb from Peter King's column this week::

I think I get the sense Jamal Adams does want to leave the Jets, and his long-term future will be ugly and drawn-out, unless the Jets quickly really overpay him. It’s just another reason why first-year GM Joe Douglas deserved the six-year contract he got from the organization. He’s used to working in places where players are eager to play, Baltimore and Philadelphia. The Jets might become one of those places, but they’ve got to win some games first.

The Douglas interviews are interesting. He's praising Adams so highly that it sounds like an owner giving a coach a vote of confidence about 15 minutes before he fires him. This could get very interesting.

19. WarriorRB28

The media is trying to get him to Dallas so they can kiss his @ss non-stop like when Revis went to New England.

WHO CARES whether or not Adams wants to be here or where he dreams to play? He's under contract, the Jets have a franchise tag.

If they end up trading away this guy they're beneath the Detroit Lions. At least when all-time greats get tired of losing for them they end up retiring instead of the Lions bending to their wishes trading them away to another team.

If Adams doesn't want to be here if he's tired of losing RETIRE. I'd prefer that to seeing him play his prime years, finish a HOF career with another team. He'll be one of the greatest Cowboys ever the second he gets traded to them NO NOOOOOOOO!!

20. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

if we traded jamal adams we could get both Javon kinlaw and Derrick Brown this year