Who would you take at 11?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Apr 17, 2020.

?

Who you got?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2020.
  1. Tristan Wirfs

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Jedrick Wills

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. Mekhi Becton

9 vote(s)
    17.0%
  4. Andrew Thomas

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  5. Jerry Jeudy

9 vote(s)
    17.0%
  6. CeeDee Lamb

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. Henry Ruggs III

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

This is a tough choice. My latest thinking is that Joe Douglas isn't willing to take the "leftover" OT with 3 drafted in the top 10, especially if it's Thomas, a bad fit for the zone scheme. Becton is a boom/bust player, he will be ineffective if he can't control his weight.

I stated in another thread, none of these top 4 OTs are future pro bowl players, IMO, they are over valued, more like mid 1st rd value. I'm not thrilled with these top 4 OT's, they will struggle early in their careers.

If we stay at #11, IMO, we will go WR. Darnold needs weapons and a premier talent like Lamb (1st Choice) or Jeudy would fit the bill. I think we need to double dip another WR in a later Rd.

My Ideal scenario would be to trade out of #11 into the late teens or very early 20s and pick up extra picks. Justin Jefferson is one of my favorite players in this draft, his talent is pretty close to Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs and could be a possibility. I also love Ezra Cleveland and he's moving up the draft board and could be an option mid/late Rd 1.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I went with Wirfs because I think he's the closest OT to start right away and succeed long term. I'm not so sure about the other 3 in that regard. But I doubt Wirfs is there at 11, so my next choice would be Lamb/Jeudy. If none of them are there, then I'd hope for a trade back to 15-16 in return for a 2nd.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Brook! likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Ideal scenario. Jets trade down, picks up additional 2nd or 3rd. He is still there at mid 20's. Jets take him, he becomes a star in 2 years. The WR we pick with the extra second becomes a star WR better than Jeudy or Lamb.

Will God smile at Jets for once?

5. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

That would be a dream wouldn't it. Somehow I really doubt that that's going to happen, more likely he'll fall to the Patriots' lap

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Depends on who is available
    Given the WR and OT most likely avalable

I like
    1) Becton
    2) Lamb
    3) Willis
    4) Jeudy

I would not want to miss out on Becton ala Warren Sapp - over 1 test.

However there are 6 - 8 players that could be available that I wouldn’t be upset if they drafted.

Only way that happens if we try and be creative.

It really needs to be WR or OT though.

#26 Section 336, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Love your optimism Brook! Are you really a Jets fan? You're not jaded enough.:p

KY Jets Fan, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm really starting to lean back towards taking Becton instead of Lamb at #11, or trading down a few spots and taking Josh Jones or further and taking Ezra Cleveland. The reason is that I think we still need to get a good LT prospect in this draft, and unless we get one in the first round, I don't think we'll get one that can help us any time soon, if ever. I've thought that way for a while, but playing these mock draft games again is convincing me of that even more. They're only games, but many, if not most of the picks are made by a computer that has a list of team needs for each team. I can't help but believe that the way these mock draft games go is the very close to the way that the real draft will go. In all the mocks I've done on a couple of different sites the OTs are all pretty much gone by #48. Tega Wanogho and Jackson are there sometimes. The top 4, Jones and Cleveland are all gone, and I think we need one of those 6 OTs, and really only 4, maybe 5 at most. IMO only Becton, Wirfs, Jones and Cleveland are good fits for our wide blocking scheme. Wills may be as well. Wirfs and Wills will probably be gone by #11. Becton could be gone as well, but he could be there. If he's there, I think he would be my pick. If not, that leaves Jones and Cleveland. Jones will probably go somewhere between #14 and 22. Cleveland won't be too far behind that, and with the need for better OTs in the NFL, I believe that he will go in the 1st round. If he doesn't, he will almost certainly be gone before pick #48.

I'm not very high on Wanogho and don't like Jackson's potential at all. I think that Isaiah Wilson and Lucas Niang are strictly RT prospects.

With this draft being so good and deep at WR, I know that we can get a couple of very good WR prospects in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Therefore, I'm changing my vote to Becton.

Brook! and MoWilkBeast like this.
  9. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I've been starting to favor a trade down. You can then pick Jones or Cleveland, who has been rising fast, and then hopefully you have 2 2nds to double up on WR or go WR/RB, WR/CB and then still at the least have the high 3rd hopefully. With premium players sure to be at 11 we have the chance to add some much needed depth and starting talent.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

1A- Jeudy
    1B- Ceedee
    2- Ruggs

3- trade down for Jones/Cleveland

4. Thomas
    5. Wills
    6. Wirfs
    7. Becton

The trade down can move to the top of the list depending on compensation.

mattyd99 likes this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m sure he will get drafted by the Jets if he is there at 11. Teams are not averse to giving potential long term probowl players a second chance.

Plenty of examples of players who get multiple chances to play in the NFL even though they failed many drug test or have serious character issues.

FJF likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The closer to the draft the more I’m second guessing every draft choice I made. I keep swinging back and forth between a go safe approach at 11, say a LT or the more gutsy trade down approach.
    As many as six teams, Giants, Cleveland, Arizona, Tampa Bay, Miami and even Baltimore could be drafting an OL with the first pick. So if our heart is set on OL the competition is tough with more hunters than targets available. Some even willing to trade up for it.
    If the Jets are more inclined to trade down, I suspect they must have a group of players/ positions in mind, OL ,WR, Rusher, CB, of similar high value.
    I have a gut feeling JD has a short list for the 11th and if gone he much prefers to trade down, doubling down in positions of need with five picks in the talent rich part of the draft.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

I think it's Lamb or Jeudy. And the Jets will ultimately go WR 1st round and an offensive lineman in 2nd round. One of our 3rd rounders will be another offensive lineman and the other a CB

I believe the OL the Jets want will likely not slip to them at 11 (if he does then of course they take him) but with the line additions they've made in the offseason and where we stand regarding weapons for Sam...we really need a receiver and one that can develop into a legit #1 threat. We have no clue what we're going to get out of Enunwa (if anything) Robby is gone. I like the Perriman signing but who knows what his production will be. Jeudy/Crowder/Perriman/Enunwa with Herndon and L. Bell coming out of the backfield would be pretty decent

Leicester Jet likes this.
  14. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

It's interesting you say that because the rumors swirling around right now are saying that because of this corona madness and everyone being sequestered...the mocks may be wildly different from what actually happens. There's been less opportunities for leaks. We may be in for huge surprises this coming week

LAJet likes this.
  15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Nobody knows if the Jets are willing to take Becton at #11 now. We will learn a lot about Joe Douglas if he does take Becton at #11. My gut feeling he's still on their draft board, but they moved him down and may take him if he the Jets trade down in Rd 1.

Becton has the most red flags of the top OT's, like I said before the drug test anoucement, "boom or bust" player.

IMO, Becton is going to drop.

gajetsfan, MoWilkBeast and Red Menace like this.
  16. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

He may. But his potential and talent and physical gifts are otherworldly. He may drop, but not far

17. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I’m ok really with any of the 7. I do have my preferences as we all do but as long as we select one of

Lamb
    Jeudy
    Wills
    Thomas
    Wirfs
    Ruggs
    Becton

I will be happy, any of them will at least show we care about protecting and weaponizing our QB.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Like I said, "Nobody Knows". Let's see if Joe Douglas keeps his word on player's with character.

I find it funny, a lot of people, including this site, hardly heard of Becton up until the combine, when he ran an incredible time for a Guy his size. Beware of fast risers based on Combine stats.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't. For starters, imo there will be no LT worth drafting at our pick in the 2nd round. We may be able to add a good RT or IOL prospect, but there are no guarantees. We need a LT to compete with Fant. With Douglas being a former OL player himself, I think he's looking to go OL with the 1st pick, and then add a couple of WRs between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. As much as I'd love to add Lamb or Jeudy at #11, I think it's too risky to not get one of the better OL prospects for our scheme (Wirfs, Becton, Jones, and Cleveland). We can get a potential #1 WR in the 2nd round. We could very well have a choice or Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Jr. and Chase Claypool.

MoWilkBeast and JetsNation06 like this.
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm on board with OL at 11. Then Douglas should try to snag Higgins and Tyler Johnson and we'd have a real promising pair of dynamic, big young WR's.