Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ok, Jordan Jenkins and Neville Hewitt it is then!

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I was unaware that keeping Jamal Adams means we can’t upgrade elsewhere. Forgot that rule.

LF911SC likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

To be clear, no one wants to trade Jamal, including Joe Douglas. Just because he took calls means nothing. If this is how Jamal is going to act though, then your hand is forced. He has pride issues or whatever you said players are in today's age, that is fine, but it is tough to build a team with players like that. It is fine to add them as a piece to an already solid unit, but the Jets don't have that yet. And again, that is on Jamal himself. If he changes his attitude and is team-first, then I would have no problems with him. He is a great player on the field, as Revis was before his return to New York.

He is not about the team though. I would say 0%. He cares about his play on the field, and that of course helps the team overall, but he is not a team guy. He is a Jamal Adams guy. I remember after losses him pouting and crying saying he is not a loser, he is a winner. It was just brutal to watch. Then after the whole trade deadline fiasco, he handled it horribly. There is no denying it.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well Douglas isn't... so..

5. BroadwayAaron

Whats he supposed to do? Pay too much for Clowney? That’s ass backwards. Trade a first for Ngakoue when we have glaring holes at OT and WR? The draft hasn’t even happened yet.

LF911SC likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The solution to that problem is to start hitting on picks in the mid-rounds for once. Brian Poole can cover the slot too.

When are we going to have that classic draft where we get 3 or 4 starters that is put in the history books as one of the best draft classes that propelled us to the top?

Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ and boozer32 like this.
  7. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

While I agree that nobody WANTS to trade Jamal (or we would be calling teams and that's never happened) he does have immense value. Listening to offers is part of having and being a valued commodity; he should be flattered. I'm very good at what I do professionally and happily employed by a great company, should I not listen to other opportunities? I'd have to be BLOWN AWAY to leave my current employer, but unexamined life is not worth living..

I think Jamal loves the brotherhood of the team. He has a wonderful relationship with other former LSU players (T. White, Odell and Jarvis to name a few) and was a social butterfly at the pro bowl. He just wants to win and from many of the post game interviews I saw, he doesn't take the bait when reporters try to blame teammates or units. He always redirects and puts the blame on himself. Saying "I needed to clean things up". I respect the hell out of Jamal and believe he's a guy that truly wants to turn this franchise around, the guys a winner.

So the value he provides on the field and the value he provides to the franchise would have to be included in the decision. We would have to be BLOWN AWAY to trade him and all this "noise" is likely not from #33 but from his camp.

The Dark Knight and dawinner127 like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

Fielding offers is part of the business, I agree. But I don't see anything that suggests Jamal actually wants to leave. If we don't fix this team, then he will want to leave. He is immature, I agree with that.

Revis was a mercenary first, but I think Jamal wants security just like any other player. We have to start hitting mid-round picks. I want the guy that puts out 110% effort and Jamal is that guy, he ends offensive drives on his own.

The Dark Knight and LF911SC like this.
  9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

The scare tactic rule is strong with Jamal.

He WILL hold out
    He WILL want to be the highest paid D player
    He WILL be a distraction
    He WILL whatever....

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  10. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I'm fine honestly fine with keeping or getting rid of Jamal. He a good player. If he was half as great as he thinks he is, we'd be talking extension with him....

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

No we wouldn’t. He’s under control for 2 or 3 more years. There is no reason for us to talk extension with him.

Br4d likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Douglas already said he wants Jamal to be a Jet for life, they had preliminary extension talks and that it’s on the back burner until after the draft, understandably. He might be half as great as he thinks he is and Douglas seemingly agrees.

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Until he holds out for an improved deal?

Not saying he will btw

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He can hold out for 3 years then if that’s the case. Also, in the new CBA teams can’t forgive your holdout fines like the old CBA. So that’ll be a lot of money over three years ..

PS - I’m in the camp of paying him btw.

15. BroadwayAaron

He’s only under contract for one more year. Scheduled to be a UFA in 2022. I also want to pay him like, yesterday.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I guess he could but like you say he is unlikely to be that stupid lol the power is always in the player's hands, all these recent hold-outs are becoming worrying though.

I would sign him up as I think he is the best player we have but not at any cost, I also can't be done with the attitude that some possess of you have to make me the best paid D or my pride will burst and let's face it Adams does come across as that sort.

I also would have to think hard if somebody offered us the golden deal of two firsts and a second, a little hard thinking required for a first and two seconds, as it is I don't think anybody would offer us that for him anyway.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, your implied cause and effect: whenever we trade good players they become great elsewhere is off base. It's more that the Jets just continue to not do the things necessary to become winners. Trading these players away doesn't cause that.

Second, the assumption that we would trade a Safety just to draft a Safety is faulty. IF...IF,,,we traded him I'm sure it would be for premium picks, and unlike Maccagnan, I doubt Douglas thinks those should be used on a Safety under the current lineup. I'm pretty sure he'd look to draft an OL, Edge, CB< or an offensive weapon instead.

dawinner127 likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

When you are trading players like Adams you absolutely erode as a team and the team that gets that player benefits. Besides he's already great to begin with. I don't think anyone should make assumptions on what JD will do in a draft until that draft is done (regarding the bold). Just like some assumed Mac would be a good GM and wouldn't do what Idzik did.

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He has two seasons under contract since the Jets picked up the option. 2020 and 2021, then the Jets can tag him for a 3rd.

This whole report is a bunch of chickenshit bullshit. The Jets are focused on the draft right now, not extending a player under team control for 2 or 3 years.

20. BroadwayAaron

I was counting 2020 as now, hence the one more year. Forgot about the tag but I'm sure we know how that would go over. Either way I agree, this story is stupid and I hope that a.) Adams camp didn't leak it considering Douglas flat out said they'll revisit after the draft and b.) the Jets didn't leak this to try and get the phone ringing because trading Adams would be dumb.

NYJFOREVER likes this.