Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Someones planted this and tbh it only distrupts the jets position. Especially if joe has already said, lets get through the draft.

And lets be honest, this can wait until may or june when nothing is going on and lots of time can be spent at the table.

This must have come from another team or the agent.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

In football, it is called match fit btw

I appreciate the game is tougher than football, I am not one of those that call it rugby for puffs due to the padding, those guys are just dumb but you still need to be match fit and as you say be prepared for the pounding that you give out and receive.

I also think in some ways these guys are just too big, when guys like Becton are running those times it is madness as their body will not be able to cope with all that strain and when they turn sharp that is when the knees pop.

Not sure what can be done on reducing player size but I very much doubt it is natural and maybe a tougher stance on peds is required, if they are all reduced in bulk then it will
    be the same advantage.

Of course, I come at this from a height of 5ft 7" lol

edit on the job front, of course, everybody would like a 4 day week but at 35kpa or 10m a year I would be happy to swap for a bit of extra practice that may even then increase my yearly salary to 15m lol

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

less work dude. Its that simple.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

No other sport gets away without people putting in the hours to get better, I just find it odd that it is acceptable and nobody thinks it is odd.

Other sportsmen are practising their games non stop in between their competitions.

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I would take a pretty long hard look at moving him. The Jets already turned down a 1st and a 3rd, so assuming whatever they get is more than that, I have no problem with them moving him.

Say you get at least a 1st and 3rd from the Raiders, there is a whole lot you can do with that. It gives the Jets the 11th and 12th pick, giving them both a top tier offensive lineman and a top tier WR.

You can also take the 48th pick, package it with a 3rd rounder and move back up into the first to further address OL or grab a CB or Pass Rusher. This would still leave the Jets with two 3rd rounders to further address WR.

I am certainly not in favor of trading Jamal for anything less than a premium, but if the correct opportunity presents itself I think it would be silly to not really think about it.

blackssmagic, SOJAZ, FJF and 3 others like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Chris Canty just reported that the news DID NOT come from the Jamal Adams camp.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Look at Jamal Adams’ camp playing chess...

8. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree; there is no harm in looking at your options. I still don't understand the ruffled feathers last year from Adams. It's not like the Jets did or are shopping him, but you best believe they listen to offers. If JD is BLOWN AWAY with an offer then they really need to look at it.

While I love Jamal's ability and win at all costs attitude, a SS is replaceable. Especially with the draft capital you'd be able to acquire from either of these two teams linked to the rumors. The Jets could essentially restock the cupboard on Offense

WR,OT,C,WR,S,CB

Dallas (17&82)
    Raiders (19&80)

OR

9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Absolutely. Especially if you can convince one of those teams to throw in a 2nd instead of the 3rd or something else that makes that offer more appealing.

Do I think that's likely? No, but if they come calling about Jamal then you already know they're interested so no harm in negotiating with them a bit, right?

I love Jamal as much as anyone (I bought his Stealth Black uni last year when the new unis came out) but if we can re-tool this offense by sacrificing him then it might be something worth looking into.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Adams obviously wants to play for the Cowboys and they want him. If they offer their 1st and 3rd as you suggest, it would be hard to turn down.

Jets could end up with Mekhi Becton and Jordan Jefferson. Your tackle and your reciever

I would push Dallas to make that 3rd a 1st rounder next year though. Then you’d simply have to accept

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

At this point all effort is on the draft and IMO so it should be. Adam is a great player, and all being equal we want him to anchor our D for a long, long time, but it must be done without putting our long term plan in jeopardy. If he skips the voluntary so be it. Least of our problems. I'm not worried about him not being fit when the season starts.
    He is one of the best for sure, and he has a great DC to highlight his skills on the field. That is a big plus. Great yes, but not indispensable. He is a key piece of the puzzle with two years left on his contract, allowing us some flexibility and a bit of time to negotiate a win win position.
    But for now, all the effort and attention must on the draft and making the team better around Sam and Adam immediately. There will be a hell of a lot of variables by season end of which Adam is at the top of the list, and Sam probably next, but in between we will have a whole bunch of one year contracts to re evaluate as well. If we don't improve substantially in 2020 with a solid draft and free agency, the likelihood of putting 20-25+% of our $ on a safety might decrease considerably.
    As such I sure as hell don't blame JD for not rushing into a mega contract yet , .....as we might have done for Wilks in years past.
    I might be dead wrong, and I love Adam, but we really have bigger fish to catch right now.

BomberJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, of course this ESPN or other parties looking to stir up drama, but it can't be discounted that it may have come from the Adams camp too. But in any case, this is the drama that is sure to happen as long as he's a Jet. He's proven it over and over. Again, not (yet) as bad or distracting as Mevis, but who knows if it that might happen? It's not enough to justify trading him for whatever you can get, but right now his value is at its highest point, and if JD can extract a king's ransom for him, I'm all for it. Otherwise, he is still under team control for at least two years, so they don't have to get rid of him unless they're overwhelmed with an offer.

And please DWC, I don't need a 1000 word diatribe and all sorts of cherry-picked stats to try and prove what a mistake you think it would be to trade Adams.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I would trade Jamal if he is the cause of this news, and the deal is fair. I have stated before how he is the new Revis, and now he is showing it more than ever. The Jets don't need that kind of drama. I don't think Douglas wants it either. I would send him to Cincinnati, or Jacksonville or Washington, Detroit, somewhere like that. Then he can watch the Jets's success while on another losing team. Heck, that could happen if he goes to Dallas even. I am a Jets fan #1 and it has been clear from Day 1 that Jamal is not. He is really talented, I would say the best safety in the NFL, but he is still a safety. I'd rather give money to All-In players who want to be Jets. It's a business, but there is the right way and wrong way to handle things. Jamal always handles things the wrong way team-wise. He can fix it by saying this report is false, he loves the Jets and wants to stay in New York, but he won't.

The final question is "What would fair value be for Jamal Adams?" I don't know.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We've traded great players in the past and usually they are the ones to get rings. And the Jets are back in the lottery.

Jamal gives his damn hardest, I think he's about the team. If he a little immature? Yeah, but that's how players are in today's age.

I mentioned it earlier but he's not just a safety. He plays on the edge, plays in the slot. We really underestimate the value of a good safety. I said that before seems to be happening here again.

Let's trade Adams just so we can draft another safety. Sounds about right.

donkey, BomberJet and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

being under contract for 2 years makes his value quite high. A cash strapped contender would be able to add him as what they feel as the "missing piece." The Jets just need to hold strong on high value

16. BrowningNagle

Right. He's not just a safety. But that's because the roster is completely unbalanced. no pass rushers so he has to rush the passer. no cornerbacks so he has to cover the slot, etc.

if you can trade him and balance the roster better, ie. adding draft capital. Then you can have a safety who is "just a safety" play safety. and you can get some pass rushers or corners in here.... or even.. an offense that scores some points, maybe the Jets win some games for once

17. BroadwayAaron

So you wouldn’t rush Jamal if we had a pass rusher? He’s only doing it because we don’t have any competent ones? Maybe it’s just me but I’d rather keep the 24 year old star safety that can do it all and build around him so you have talent everywhere.

Cue the “OMG wow jeeze wtf you know nothing about football I’m not here to teach you”

BomberJet likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

hell yeah I wouldn't blitz him if they didn't have to. He could be menacing to the passing game as a roaming safety or matching up with a team's star TE to erase him

But these QBs would have all day back there with guys like Jordan Jenkins and Neville Hewitt, so you have to rush Adams

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

More like Nancy Pelosi and her impeachment witch hunt...:p

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

Rodney Harrison and Charles Woodson played with stars and still rushed the QB. It’s why they are regarded as two of the best in history. There’s 0 downside to having a safety that can play in the box or drop into coverage also rush the passer a few times a game. It keeps an offense on its heels. If you don’t know where pressure is coming from you’re going to have a hard time protecting the QB, and what better way to confuse an offense than to threaten pressure from every position on the field?