Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Hopefully Joe D’s first draft isn’t a really really stupid one.

3. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

My man Bless trying to de-escalate the situation.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

?

What I don't understand is why they are voluntary tbh?

You would think they would be keen to get in get fit and you know play the sport they love or make themselves better, get to know a system faster, become a more cohesive unit together.

Voluntary only ever makes people compare players that come in as keen and willing and the ones that are a no show just look like lazy cunts and I'm afraid I am in the second camp, you earn big money for what in sport is a piddling length of time for a season compared to other sports, golf, tennis, football, even cricket is non stop as they just move around to hot dry countries to keep playing and as we know baseball is 10 times everything to the NFL lol

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They're voluntary because the owners have no problem giving away practice time to increase their share of the revenue and add games.

They completely ignore the fact that less practice time, over time, creates a shittier product. There's a reason that the tackling for the first quarter of the season is always awful. Teams are barely allowed to run contact drills.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

last year they played mini golf or something during the OTAs. This year it’s virtual. So maybe like a golf video game?

either way, obviously it doesn’t matter if Adams participates or not. He’s a football player not a gamer/golfer

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

TMZ is at it again

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

While a good player he is no Tom Brady so I try to trade him say to the Bengals or Maybe the Lions or Jags :mad:

9. 101GangGreen101

Really is the end of the world, I agree with Cimini.

10. BroadwayAaron

well don’t forget your TMZ post above… I also agreed with Cimini when he tweeted this but then look at his next tweet. He ends it by saying “the Adams drama is back“. Look at who started this whole mess this morning. This was manufactured by ESPN at the direction I’m sure of someone else, but this is exactly what ESPN wanted.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You sound like Trump laying the blame on every one but him

12. K'OB

If I am being honest, I don't quite understand the correlation of practice time equates to more revenue and games?

Sorry

13. Jonathan_Vilma

The players union and the owners must come to an agreement on a CBA every so many years.

The players want more player safety and easier practices as a part of that CBA. The owners have NO problem conceding that because it doesn't directly affect their bottom line.

In return, the owners push for things like more games and more playoff teams so they can make more money. But they give the players petty things like easier practices to appease them.

K'OB likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

Ironically you also sound like Trump, refusing to use common sense or purposely not applying it because reality doesn’t jive with your opinion.

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

NFL revenue for the first 4 games of the season pays the same revenue as the last 4 games. The quality of the play in the first 4 games is ass.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. K'OB

It is hard to understand why players don't want to practice but I think I remember having the same conversation last year tbh but I still think having little practice is so counterproductive on many fronts, the amount of injuries that happen early in the season just indicates that the players aren't actually ready to play full-on 100% from the off.

As for the CBA agreement it just pretty weird from my side of the world as is the other lack of practice when they are not allowed to be coached because of some other silly rule, can't quite remember what that one is now but it was odd.

17. 101GangGreen101

:mad::mad::mad:

18. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't think it's that difficult to understand. Just because they play a game that we deem fun for millions of dollars, doesn't mean that they're that much different from you or I.

If you could negotiate your work week down to 4 days, from 5, while also making more money, wouldn't you do it?

I do agree with you though. I also think more practice time would protect them more from certain injuries, but I don't necessarily have any scientific evidence to support that. I just believe that football shape is completely unique to the point where there aren't really any gym oriented workouts or training methods that can prepare your body for a 250 pound linebacker to put his plastic helmet right into your barely protected thighs.

K'OB likes this.
  19. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

IF we got a Raiders/Mack like haul for Adams it would be too valuable to pass up. You guys were able to see how they retooled the entire roster in 1 year.

On another note, if we want to keep Adams, the simple answer is to get rid of Bell's crazy contract and use that money to help pay Adams. Makes no sense to keep paying Bell--his replacement can be found this year. Edwards-Helaire from LSU pr Cam Akers from FSU are great replacements. JMO

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I agree that you can't pass up a Mack type of haul. Adams is great, but you usually make that trade for any non-QB in the league. The Bears are crippled cap-wise and have no draft capital to build their offense around youth.

Bell is gone at the end of the year. His contract dictates that we're basically stuck with him for another year.