Drop off of WR Talent from 1st round to 2nd round

Discussion in 'Draft' started by rohirrim665, Mar 30, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Love watching Davante Adams completely fake out NFL DBs. Jeudy doesn't look as good to me, but is an apt comparison. I would be very happy with either Lamb or Jeudy.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

My heart wants Jeudy. My head wants a tackle.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I agree.

Yes.

Let that sink in..

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Tee Higgins is going to be the steal of the draft. He is a big game player with all the physical tools and hardware to back it up.

If he’s there with our 2nd round pick he has the potential to be the Micheal Thomas of this years draft.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

It's been way too long since the Jets have addressed WR. I'd like to see us grab at 2 receivers with our first 3 selection. Take a look at the guys we've drafted in the past 15 years. 12 Receivers over that period of time and the best of the bunch was a converted QB! This is Historically bad!!!

2005-No receivers Drafted

2006- Brad Smith in the 4th-Developed into a WR, was a QB

2007- Chansi Stucky in the 7th- 15 Games with the Jets 32 Receptions

2008- Marcus Henry in the 7th- 0 Receptions

2009- No Receivers Drafted

2010- No Receivers Drafted

2011- Jeremy Kerley in the 5th was a nice find but Scottie McKnight in the 7th- Purely drafted because he was Sanchez's best friend

2012- Stephen Hill in the 2nd and Jordan White in the 7th- We all know how this played out...

2013- No Receivers Drafted

2014-Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans in the 4th (Saunders had 1 career reception and Evans didn't make the roster). Q in the 6th-nice find-career looks to be over

2015- Denvin Smith in the 2nd. Was a reach as the guy had only 120 receptions in a 4 year college career. Had a high profile SR year lead the nation in RYPC 28.2 but only had 33 receptions...Injuries derailed him and now is trying to catch on with Dallas.

2016- No Receivers Drafted

2017- ArDarious Stewart 3rd & Chad Hanson 4th Round- 23 Receptions and 30 Games between the two! Chris Goodwin or Kenny Golladay and DeDe Westbrook were still available

2018- No Receivers Drafted

2019- No Receivers Drafted

6. NCJetsfan

Interesting article. According to Michael Lombardi, Denver is trying to swing at trade with Cleveland to take a WR. If that happened, it could cause the right OT prospect to drop in the Jets lap; otherwise, Cleveland could take the OT the Jets want. It would be a bummer to miss out on Lamb or Jeudy, but if we could get Becton or Wirfs at #11, and then Pittman or Claypool at #48, and then Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, Bryan Edwards or Van Jefferson in the 3rd, that would be awesome.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2020/04/nfl...vers-at-no-11-or-could-broncos-jump-them.html

NFL Draft 2020: Will Jets have pick of receivers at No. 11? Or could Broncos jump them to get CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs?
    Updated 3:17 PM; Today 3:03 PM

By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
    One week remains until the 2020 NFL Draft. And the rumors are really starting to heat up.

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray is pushing for his team to draft wide receiver CeeDee Lamb (who played with Murray at Oklahoma) at No. 8, according to NFL Network. But the Cardinals just traded for DeAndre Hopkins — and are about to pay him big.

So Jets general manager Joe Douglas could have his pick of receivers at No. 11. Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, and Henry Ruggs are the top three (in some order).

The Raiders at No. 12 could also take a receiver. But might the Broncos at No. 15 try to move in front of the Jets, to grab the first receiver off the board?

[​IMG]
    Michael Lombardi

✔@mlombardiNFL
    Denver is trying to make a deal with Cleveland--which seems like the target team to get ahead of two teams that need a wideout, Jets and Las Vegas.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-gm-podcast/id1441924879 …

The Browns pick 10th. So that’s something for Douglas to watch.

The Jets lost speedy deep-threat receiver Robby Anderson to the Panthers in free agency. They replaced him with Breshad Perriman, who is also a deep threat, but hasn’t lived up to expectations, as a former first-round pick.

Jamison Crowder and Perriman are currently the Jets’ top two healthy receivers, since Quincy Enunwa’s football future is in question, due to a neck injury. After Crowder and Perriman, the Jets have a whole lot of nothing in their receiver room — in terms of proven options.

So maybe Douglas gives third-year quarterback Sam Darnold another weapon, by taking a receiver 11th. Offensive tackle is also an option, because Darnold needs to be protected, too.

dawinner127 likes this.
  7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Why was this thread moved? I was enjoying the discussions and insights but now it's not going to get nearly as much traffic. Fuck it I guess, draft is just a week away.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

operation get Sam more weapons...this kid is legit, 5th-6th round guy

KurtTheJetsFan and RochesterJet like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if Cleveland moved down from 10 and didn't get their LT. Only way I can see them moving down is if they make a move for Trent Williams which Albert Breer reported last night is an excellent possibility (Jets and Browns being the target)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

The highlights are impressive and he's got some electricity with the ball in his hands. Love this guy as a special teamer and a 3rd down back kind of player. Should be had in the 6th or maybe priority FA. He's been compared Dexter McCluster

Agree, Get Sam and the Offense some weapons! It's been waaaay to long since the Jets have invested on perimeter playmakers

11. NCJetsfan

He definitely would be someone to consider seriously. I looked up his college stats, however, and they weren't all that good, which was surprising. I'd definitely like him as a KR/PR and gadget player.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jason-huntley-1.html

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I agree with this! I'm all for drafting OT in the 1st but there are options that we could go for in the mid-late rounds that could end up being solid decisions if JD thinks Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs are going to be studs.

The bottom line is that this offense has to be re-tooled. I personally don't care how that looks so long as it happens.