WeWantSapp’s – 2020 post FA mock + draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by wewantsapp, Mar 29, 2020.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Never got a mock offseason before FA – but here are my remaining thoughts & mock draft;

Cut: Brian Winters. Please don't pay this guy anything anymore. I'll go way out on the limb to predict something for 2020 if the season ever happens..............Brian Winters will end up on Injured Reserve.

FA Signings;
    Logan Ryan: Bring home the former Rutgers player. 1 word description = solid. Turns 30 after next season. Best football was 2019 for Titans. If looking for 3yr deal w/45mill guaranteed, = forget it. But we might have to pony up 9-10 million per season on 3yr deal with out after 2 years. We only have Pierre Desir & Brian Poole as starters. *** THE AFC EAST TITLE COULD VERY WELL BE UP FOR GRABS!!!! ***
    Jason Spriggs: I remember this guy was in every JET fan’s 2016 mock draft. Granted he totally flopped when he went to Green Bay, but you’re talking to a guy that had to watch Brent Qvale get quality playing time for 5 or 6 f—king seasons…

DRAFT

1.11 pick value is 1250 points
    Andrew Thomas OT Georgia 6-5 315
    Maybe everyone is slow playing this guy, - I’ve seen Wirfs, Becton & Willis go ahead of him. If so, - great. I’d want him or Wirfs only. Prototypical LT physique. Established proven track record with great consistent technique. Instant starter at LT. Remember, - as of now, - for OT, we only have George Fant + Chuma Edoga (remember him?) on the current roster.

2.48 pick value is 420 points
    Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame 6-4 238
    Blazed to a 4.42 40 at the combine. Look at the size. A heavily crowded WR pool drops him to the middle of 2nd round, but we love it. With the great low risk signings of Josh Doctson + Breshad Perriman, there isn’t immediate pressure on Claypool to perform as a rookie. But after this year we may only have Jamison Crowder still on the roster. But still no reason why Claypool can’t play big his first year. Great weapon for Darnold.

3.68 pick value is 250
    John Simpson OG Clemson 6-4 320
    Let’s go O on 3 in a row!!! We’re still unsettled at OG. We’re asking Winters to take a pay cut (IMO – cut him entirely). I like Lewis & VanRouten signings but neither is dominant. Connor McGovern could very well play OG & J Harrison still plays center in 2020. Joe Thuney was a 3rd rounder. My hope = worst case Simpson starts at guard his 2nd season, move Connor McGovern to center full time.

3.79 pick value is 195
    Alton Robinson 3-4 OLB Syracuse 6-3 264
    I think he’ll rise closer to the draft. Great great athletic #s at the combine across the board. Stats don’t jump out because he was the focus of opposing teams when playing Syracuse. Would prefer Julian Okwara ND if here were available here but I think he’ll be gone earlier.

4.120 pick value is 54 points
    Michael Ojemudia CB Iowa 6-1 200
    Long time Iowa starter. 2nd team All-Big 10 2019. Great combine #s. NFL teams that can stack their backbone of their roster in the 3rd, 4th & 5th rounds improve their long-term playoff chances. Minimum special teams players/backups in case of injury – but also get valuable game playing time.

5.158 pick value is 27 points
    K’Von Wallace FS Clemson 5-11 206
    Not sure about Marcus Maye future. Also don’t have much else at the position.

6.191 pick value is 13.8 points
    Ours ==== was traded to Indy for Nate Hairston ===== 2/22 – we keep this pick. Nate Hairston didn’t meet the requirements.
    Terrence Steele OT Texas Tech 6-6 312
    Not gonna find much else at this stage of the draft. But there’s opportunities to grab draft fallers. Granted they may fall for good reason, but our roster sucks so bad, - at least it would be an improvement. Current Front Office has no ties to Chuma Edoga. If they get same/better production from this rookie, - he could be gone after 1 season. Long arms, great OT size, - real good 40 at combine, & bench press. Kelvin Beachum was a 7th round draft pick.

6.211 pick value is 5.8
    From KC (Darron Lee trade ugh!) Steven Montez QB Colorado 6-4 231
    Darnold hasn’t shown durability in his first 2 seasons. We let Davis Webb go to Buffalo. We need to spend a draft pick on a QB.

7 No pick (Alex Lewis trade)

themorey and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Excellent job!

I don't know if we have the cap space to sign either Ryan or Spriggs, but I'd be happy with one or both signings. At least would give us better depth at OT, and Ryan would solidify our CB corps. He's a playmaker and would be a great addition imo.

I like 3 of your first 4 picks in the draft. If I was going to take an OG in the 3rd round, I'd probably take Solomon Kindley from UGA over Simpson of Clemson, but would prefer to wait until later to take an OG, and instead take a 2nd WR or CB here. I haven't really searched CBs, but Ojemudia sounds like a decent prospect.

I normally like Clemson players, but I fear K'Von Wallace would be a wasted pick, he's pretty slow and doesn't really have a position. In his place, I'd look to take an OG or RB. I agree that we need to use a pick on a QB, and the OT sounds decent enough.

3. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

For all the love that Wirfs got for his combine performance, Thomas actually outperformed him in the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle. And he was a 3 year starter in the SEC, 2 at LT. He's my top choice at 11 but I'll be shocked if he's there. If he is JD better call that shit in immediately.

I'm a big fan of Claypool as well though I think I'd prefer Pittman if they're both available. Claypool is bigger and faster but I think Pittman is a better football player.

Love the overall draft, nice job!

4. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Just watched some Claypool highlights. He's a freak! Very good route runner, good speed and hands, and his size makes him almost a WR/TE hybrid.

5. wewantsapp

Thank you Sir!

Well, to get Logan Ryan would likely require cutting Brian Winters & maybe Avery Williamson. I dont really want to cut Williamson + create yet another roster hole, - but then again Gregg Wiliams worked his magic with 1st, 2nd and 3rd (maybe even 4th) backups at ILB. Come to think of it, we did fine at CB without anyone as well. Logan Ryan would also bring some winning experience to a locker room in need of it.

I remember when Kindley was off everyone's board at the top of Round 2. I've seen recent news that puts him in 4th earliest, possibly 5 or even 6. I think he got away with a lot of success at the college level that wouldnt fly in the pros.

Based on our past record (granted it was under different GMs), - if the worst we did was waste a 5th round pick,...........................i'll take it & run.

Thanks.

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nice job

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I looked up Montez highlights. Big strong kid with nice touch on his passes. Would be a nice back up to add especially if he last till this round.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You don't think Blessuan Austin is a starter?

9. wewantsapp

I do & I probably shouldn't have used the term "starter". We could say Pierre Desir & Bless Austin = starters on the outside & Brian Poole = starter in the slot when there's 3 CBs on the field (which is pretty often). Even Arthur Maulet can be in that group. After that, - only the coaching staff would know if Nate Hairston, Kyron Brown or Bennett Jackson are good enough to get on + stay on the field.

I love Bless Austin. I just hope his past ACL tears stay in the past.

NCJetsfan and IDFjet like this.
  10. wewantsapp

I'm not the kind of guy that says "I told you so".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/18/report-jets-are-discussing-a-potential-run-at-logan-ryan/

Someone get to me a War Room.