THE IMPACT OF INTERCEPTIONS: An overrated topic of discussion.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 9, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I think you're correct looks like he was a 2nd-team All-Pro 2001 nonetheless our greatest RB of All-Time and only HOF Jets RB our fan base has ever experienced (and enjoyed).

What made him pure greatness is defenses (especially with a noodle arm dink and dunker who DC's did not respect in Chad Pennington, who I loved) would stack 7-8 men in the box while focusing on #28 with a bullseye Target and still couldn't stop him from running wild.

Le'Veon Bell reminds me a lot like Curtis Martin in terms of style of run/play.

Both patient running styles with Hall of Fame field vision and like Martin, Bell is one of the greatest ball carriers who's ever lived to play this game.

1,946 career offensive touches (rushing/receiving) and only 9 fumbles; an
    average

That is an unheard of average of only 1 offensive fumble per every 216 offensive touches?!? Good God!

#28 Martin is considered one of the great ball carriers ever @ 1 fumble per every 115.6 touches (Le'Veon's carry to fumble ratio is eye opening).

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sorry Biggs,not greater than Joe Willie. Nor better than Don Maynard, Freeman McNeil, Joe Klecko, Kevin Mawae to name a few.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

He is.

Everyone loves Joe Namath myself included however, if we're referring to overall dominance? He was not more dominant than Revis.

Career losing record as a Jets QB (1 game below .500).
    More career interceptions than TD's (173 TD/220 INT)
    Career completion percentage of 50.1%

When in comparison to say Johnny Unitas...

Career winning record of 118-63 (.651%),
    More career TD's than INTs (290 TD/253 INT)
    Completion percentage of 54.6% (3 or 4 SB wins).

However Joe Namath still kicked his ass during the 1968-1969 SB so Namath had the last laugh on that one.

Look. I will never talk down on Broadway Joe because of box score numbers (different era).
    And he was before my time too.
    And he put our Jets on the NFL map.
    He'll always be the greatest to me even if I never had a chance to watch him play (outside of YouTube).

However, Joe did not win us our SB on his own (he takes the credit, and rightfully so).

My grandfather absolutely loved the likes of and told us all stories (wish he could be a poster here on TGG lol) of...

Boozer/Snell, Don Maynard, George Sauer and outside of Winston Hill on the O-Line and outside of Al Atkinson/Gerry Philbin on defense I can not for the life of me remember any of the other O-Lineman/Defensive players he always talked about.

However it was still Joe Namath as the man who lead those men back then so therefore #12 deserves all the credit he's received over the years (as the greatest Jet of All-Time).

Yes.

Joe Namath is the greatest Jet of All-Time.

Even if Sam Darnold were to win us 7 SB's - it'll become almost impossible to consider anyone outside of Broadway Joe as the greatest Jet of All-Time.

However he was not the most dominant Jet of All-Time.

That title belongs to #24 Darrelle Revis. Revis.
    Revis Island is without question the most dominant Jets football player of All-Time.

How Revis dominated and reinvented the CB position throughout 2008-2011 was legendary status.

(and then the 2012 injury happened and his greatness was stolen from him over night while still in his prime).

Anyone who says "fk Revis" only hates the man because he wanted to be paid accordingly for his greatness and rightfully so (see below).

[​IMG]

What Revis accomplished and the way he accomplished it as only a 3rd year player (2009) will never be accomplished again.

Pure dominance.

The very next season (2010), on the road @ INDY against #18 Peyton Manning and the Jets.
    Eliminated Manning's favorite target that year in Reggie Wayne.
    1 catch for 1 yard.
    Pure dominance. I've never seen anything like it.

Which is why to judge a CB or Safety (FS/SS) by looking at a box score for INTs imo is both ignorant and overlooks their overall greatness at the same time.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Throughout #24's prime legendary run of 2008-2011 those 4 years were the most dominant run that I've ever seen.

Revis had 0 INT's in 2010 because teams were scared to even look his way.

Look what he did to a prime CALVIN JOHSNON of 2010!

Everyone talks about Rice and Moss but imo Calvin Johnson of his prime was better than them all and the best to ever line up.

Just my opinion but he's a top 5 WR All-Time and it's not a question.

4 targets and only 1 catch for 13 yards and 0 TD's vs. Revis one on one lol.

I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that because none of those guys ever came close to matching the dominance of Revis throughout 2008-2011.

Biggs likes this.
  5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No love for Marvin Powell? I think other than Revis he's the only player to be named all pro 3 times in a Jets uniform. Not positive but pretty sure.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

OOOOOPPPPSSSS!!!

Yeah Powell too.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get that. He could do with being more concise, no doubt.

8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

We're not short of those!

K'OB likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's funny how a few Jet fans are willing to just trade #33 away only after 3 seasons (46 games) despite being selected to an All-Rookie team, two Pro Bowl and two All Pro selections along with being ranked within the top 30's on a top 100 NFL list (and that was before his 2019 First-team All-Pro breakthrough season).

Lawrence Taylor after 46 games: 19-27 (8 games below .500).

Joe Montana after 46 games: 20-26 (6 games below .500).

Bill Belichick after 46 games coached: 19-27 (8 games below .500).

LeBron James (NBA) after 46 games: 17-29 (12 games below .500).

Bruce Smith after 46 games: 13-33 (20 games below .500).

Deion Sanders after 46 games:
    18-28 (10 games below .500).

Ray Lewis after 46 games: 15-31 (16 games below .500).

Reggie White after 46 games: 20-26 (6 games below .500).

Troy Aikman after 46 games: 21-25 (4 games below .500).

Brian Dawkins after 46 games: 16-30 (14 games below .500).

John Lynch after 46 games: 16-30 (14 games above .500)

Calvin Johnson after 46 games: 8-38 (30 games below .500).

As you can see, some players are just drafted into crap situations (Jamal/Darnold) and it does take more than just their first 3 seasons in order to truly build a team around your young up and coming superstar players ala some of the greatest of All-Time have had losing record after only their first 3 years (it's calling building around, not instant success).

So each and every time I read post's about trading away Jamal Adams, who's without question our best overall and all around Jet?I simply remind myself....

That these types of fans would've became the very first who would've attempted to run the likes of (soon to be All-Time greats) Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana, Bill Belichick, King James, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Troy Aikman, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch and Calvin Johnson out of NYG, San Fran, Cleveland, Cavs, Buffalo, ATL, Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Detroit faster than an NY minute;

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

And for those who have claimed that the Safety position(s) (FS/SS) aren't impact positions? Don't believe them because A.) They are trying to brainwash you. B.) They are lying to you and C.) They don't know about the history of this game we call football (see below).

(just to name a few)...

Ronnie Lott.
    Ed Reed.
    Sean Taylor.
    Troy Polamalu.
    Jack Tatum.
    Ken Houston.
    Donnie Shell.
    LeRoy Butler.
    Rod Woodson.
    Brian Dawkins.
    Rodney Harrison.
    John Lynch.
    Steve Atwater.
    Lawyer Milloy.
    Charles Woodson.
    Darren Woodson.
    Darren Sharper.
    Eric Berry.
    Bob Sanders.
    Earl Thomas.
    Kam Chancellor.
    Tyrann Mathieu.

Have combined for 30 Super Bowl Championships (DWC), 104 All-Pro selections and 124 Pro Bowl appearances...

The. End.

#50 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do you ever fucking learn a lesson?

Skicats and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Me posting all time greats who all had losing records after only 46 games and then pointing out HOF legendary Safety's who've combined for 30 Super Bowl Championships, 104 All-Pro selections and 124 Pro Bowl appearances...Didn't fit your agenda? I'm sorry?

13. K'OB

No, you posting a 27 scroller for no real reason the same as forever and a nice edit in between btw :rolleyes:

If you don't understand why folk would give up Adams for the top of the range deal then there is no hope for you.

A 1st and 2nds and he is a gonna.

I love him, he plays with passion, toughness and skill, probably our best player but if Douglas can draft then giving him 3 extra top end picks can help turn this shit franchise around so much quicker.

Nobody really wants Adams to leave, 99% think he is a fantastic player, there is one maybe two don't and they are to be laughed at.

Also, I would love to know what my agenda is btw?

I highlighted that last bit so it would stand out a little bit more and make you sit up and notice it right away.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well thankfully you're not Joe Douglas or else Jamal Adams would already be long gone

(declined, refused, rejected and turned down Jerry Jones offerings of a 1st round pick (and a 3rd).

And if you don't understand why I wouldn't trade away a potential HOF Jet who's already a Pro Bowler (x2), an All-Pro (x2) along with being ranked as a top 30's player (top 100) before he emerged as an NFL All-Pro First-team etc, etc well then there is no hope for you (not me, but you).

And give me a break about 1st and 2nd round draft picks as the draft is a complete toss up and complete lottery.

Haven't you learned by now? And P.S sorry in advance for you having to scroll down (as this is a long list below).

Roger Vick (1st).
    Dave Cadigan (1st).
    Blair Thomas (1st).
    Johnny Mitchell (1st).
    Kyle Brady (1st).
    Anthony Becht (1st).
    Bryan Thomas (1st).
    James Farrior (1st and thrown away too soon (ol).
    Dewayne Robertson (1st).
    Vernon Gholston (1st). .
    Mark Sanchez (1st).
    Kyle Wilson (1st).
    Quinton Coples (1st).
    Dee Milliner (1st).
    CALVIN PRYOR (1st).
    Darron Lee (1st).
    Alex Gordaon (2nd).
    Terry Williams (2nd).
    Browning Nagle (2nd).
    Kurt Barber (2nd).
    Coleman Rudolph (2nd).
    Ryan Yarborough (2nd).
    Dorian Boose (2nd).
    Matt O'Dwyer (2nd).
    Alex Van Dyke (2nd).
    Rick Terry (2nd).
    LaMont Jordan (2nd).
    John McGraw (2nd).
    Victor Hobson (2nd).
    Justin Miller (2nd).
    Mike Nugent (2nd).
    Kellen Clemens (2nd).
    Vlad Ducasse (2nd).
    Stephen Hill (2nd).
    Geno Smith (2nd).
    Jace Amaro (2nd).
    Devin Smith (2nd).
    Christian Hackenberg (2nd).

Nope. Sorry. Not happening.

I'll keep my potential HOF Jets legend and already Pro Bowl and All-Pro beast...

And you can keep your little 1st and 2nd round picks...

You draft players (during the draft) in order for them to develop into superstars such as Jamal Adams of today.

You do not draft players in order for them to become a Superstar and then trade them away the very next offseason once they reach All-Pro First-team status; just so you can trade them away and draft more of the... Above.

If you do not understand any of this? That's on you. Please don't try and convince me otherwise because I've watched more NFL drafts than I can count and the percentage of drafting a bust is way higher than landing a JAMAL ADAMS (hello).

#54 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  15. K'OB

So everything moves around in circles, so once again I feel compelled to say...

YOU NEVER FUCKING LEARN A SINGLE LESSON EVER.

You're a fucking blowhard idiot that is only interested in whatever you think is correct, you have not even taken in the context of my post, or acknowledged that I said I and most Jets don't want him to leave, do you have reading and understanding comprehension issues?

Also, I am still waiting to see what my AGENDA is btw?

Nobody gives two fucks for your list of the previous draft pick failures, this is a new man, if he fucks this draft up then you can feel free to tag him and his busts onto the list but you can't claim it is pointless having extra picks as they will be just potential busts because Jets don't draft well, this is just absolutely moronic.

I feel I have already strayed into your area of lengthy responses and you will have already lost the ability to take in what has been written and will ignore half of what is being said and just produce more lists in reply.

Will somebody just please kill me now.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sums it all up nicely.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this will help you or not but I know that on a few occasions in my life I've done both simultaneously.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's just funny to me (sad)...

How many New York Jet fans have had negative things to post about Jamal Adams despite Adams being an...

All-Rookie (2017).
    Pro Bowler x2 (1x MVP).
    All-Pro x2 (First-team x1).
    On every top 100 list (30's).

What's also even more funny (to me) is that...

The same Legendary Jerry Jones (with an eye for elite talent) who want's to trade his 1st round pick for our Jamal Adams...

Is the same Jerry Jones who's previously used his FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS on superstars such as...

Michael Irvin.
    Troy Aikman.
    Emmitt Smith.
    Russel Maryland.
    DeMarcus Ware.
    Dez Bryant.
    Tyron Smith.
    Travis Frederick.
    Zack Martin.
    Ezekiel Elliott

And is now the same (exact) legendary owner who's willing to give up his FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK for...Jamal Adams

(due to his eye for talent).

Yes, Jamal Adams is THAT great.

AND THE SAME OWNER WHO'S PREVIOUSLY PAID $$$$ TO THE LIKES OF...

Emmitt Smith. Larry Allen. Troy Aikman. Michael Irvin. Deion Sanders.Jason Witten. Darren Woodson.Bill Bates. Mark Tuinei. Russell Maryland.Charles Haley. Nate Newton. Jay Novacek. Eric Williams.Darryl moose Johnson.Jim Jeffcoat. Mark Stepnoski. Flozel Adams. Herschel Walker.Terrell Owens. La'Roi Glover. DeMarcus Ware. Dez Bryant. Tony Romo etc, etc...

Is the same owner willing to not only give up multiple draft picks (including his 1st round draft pick)
    but also willing to pay Jamal Adams $$$ and make him rich for lifetimes (@ the same time).

Do some of you Jet fans really expect for me to both trust and believe in our losing fan base (regarding #33) who've only witnessed...

0 Conference Championships, 4 Divisional Titles and 1 SB

In comparison to a legendary Dallas Cowboys Franchise who've witnessed...

33 Postseason Appearances, 23 Divisional Titles, 10 Conference Championships and 5 Super Bowl Trophy(s)?

Nope, not happening (as my mother raised no FOOLS).

Do some of you Jamal Adams critics even know what wining football even LOOKS LIKE?!?

Because Jerry Jones does, but do you?

All 3 of Jerry Jones, Myself and Joe Douglas are all on the same page (we all want Jamal Adams)...

So when you guys laugh at me for my support of our greatest Safety of All-Time?

You're really only laughing at yourselves, Jerry Jones and Joe Douglas (while I laugh @ you)...

Good morning TGG.
    Don't kill the messenger.
    Just understand Jerry Jones wants Jamal Adams for a really good reason (eye for talent).
    And also understand that Jerry Jones knows what winning football players look like...
    You guys obviously, don't. But JD and Jerry Jones obviously, do.

#58 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  19. K'OB

Are you still making the same lists over and over again?

Why do you keep repeating yourself, you have stated your argument for the case in keeping him, very well as it happens but you do not need to repeat it over and over again.

Why can't you learn this simple lesson?

I think you will find it will benefit your time here if you stopped doing it, again there is nothing wrong with your argument in wanting to keep Adams but what does this last post really say that your opening post said the other day?

Bar the addition of some Cowboys draft history :rolleyes:

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

I pointed out how someone such as Jerry Jones with a great eye for talent and has hit grand slams with 1st round picks on All-Time great legends is the same one who's in love with with Adams and willing to give a 1st round pick for him. Football is a culture in the south (unlike NY) and Jamal Adams was born and raised in TEXAS and Jerry Jones has known all about him dating back to his High School days (FYI).

That is all. And PS: Stop telling me how to post. Live your life and I'll live mine. And I'll post what I want.

I bet if I post 10 of my All-Time favorite posts, that they'll be way better than yours would be in terms of talking football.

I think I might do that. Create a thread titled "Quote yourself for Truth" and I guarantee my articles are better than anything you've ever posted.

So stop telling me how to post, and post with knowledge yourself...

I'll start if off right here and right now.

PLAYERS YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO HEADING INTO 2017: JUNE 1st, 2017 (1 day before my birthday)

Beat THAT!

I'm here to talk football always have and always and I'm sorry if you're not if so prove it with a better post than mine and nope I'm not always correct I'm wrong on a lot of players but I hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD with all 4 players!

#60 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020