Jets sign Breshad Perriman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 24, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i flat out said they were better but also paid a lot more. except ginn. robby is better then him by quite a bit.
    bad o-line. sam's deep ball needs work, and falk had 0 arm. doens't really matter. robby is gone. our Wrs look bad this year. but at least the o-line is better and hopefully JD can draft simple Wrs who can contribute right away

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We actually upgraded the talent. Perriman has vastly underperformed his "talent", he was graded as a first round pick. Robbie has likely peaked.

Take a look at their draft grades on nfl.com. They talent level isn't remotely close. Perriman by miles.

NCJetsfan and Mogriffjr like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

nobody cares about draft stock 3+ years into the league. robby is better then perriman.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You said talent. Robbie isn't in the same league talent wise. He's been more productive.

5. GasedAndConfused

based on what exactly? So i guess brady quinn is more talented then brady because he was drafted higher. that's your argument and it's an awful one

cval likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'll take Ozzie Newsome opinion over yours any time. The reality is Robbie got a shot to play because the Jets haven't had good WR. Perriman wasn't good enough to start over Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, Callayway and Landry or Evans and Goodwin. When he got a shot to start with Evans and Goodwin out he dominated more than Robbie ever did.

Bigger, stronger, better route runner, and faster. More talented. Robbie's numbers as a starter were below mediocre. He's mediocre starting stats gave him more overall production than Perriman who played as a back up and situational WR. Exactly what Robbie should be.

7. GasedAndConfused

lol ok buddy. a GM defending an awful bust of a pick. i guess hackenberg is more talented then brady too

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We haven't had a GM remotely as good as Newsome since forever.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

doesn't mean he's right about everything. perriman is a 1st round bust. period. if mac drafted perrimen you'd be shitting all over him

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If Mac drafted Robbie I would be shitting all over him.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's really hard to say if Perriman will be an upgrade or downgrade over Robby. Clearly if he produces like he did when he had a chance to start in Tampa Bay, he will be a major upgrade. If he plays like he did most of the rest of his career, he will be a downgrade. It's also complicated because Robby was the Jets #1 WR, but is truly a #2 WR in my opinion. Perriman should be brought in as the #2 WR, and Douglas should look to fill that #1 WR spot via the Draft or trade if possible. If that happens, then Perriman isn't exactly replacing Robby in a way you can compare stat-wise.

Biggs and cval like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

in the 1st? then maybe but if he was a mid round pick it would have been a great pick. the fact mac got a better WR as an UDFA then ozzie did by using a 1st rounder and you still trust everythng ozzie says it's a joke.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Robbie was projected as a 7 or an UDFA. Perriman was projected as a 1. Nobody was taking Robbie before the 6th or 7th round. Nobody. Had Mac drafted him in the 3rd or 4th round it would have been moronic. Perriman would have started on the Jets from day 1. We have no idea if Robbie would have been more productive somewhere else or if Perriman would have outproduced Robbie if he was drafted and started for the Jets.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

tom brady was projected as a 5th/6th. tyrek hill was projected as a 5th 6th, same for antonio brown. nobody cares. it means nothing

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Robbie unlike Tom Brady, Antonio Brown and Tyrek Hill isn't an exception to the rule. You're comparing a situational WR who's a below average NFL starting WR to the greatest players in the NFL. I'm not sure what your point is. There are always exceptions to the rule. Robbie isn't an exception. He was a decent 3 thrown into a good situation and is a below average NFL starting WR during a period where WR numbers are insane and Robbie's aren't.

Hill would have probably been a second round projection if it wasn't for his domestic violence.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. It's all about opportunities. I live in Tampa Bay (Saint Petersburg, FL) and trust me when I say that TB's WR depth chart is much deeper than NYJ's.

I absolutely loved Robby Anderson as one of my top 5-6 Jet receivers of All-Time (born in 85' and missed out on Maynard, Toon, Walker etc) but am over the top excited for Perriman.

The moment Carolina signed Anderson? I immediately called for Perriman. I never once blamed Joe Douglas but instead; instantly demanded that Douglas bring us Perriman who can do everything Robby can do in order to provide Sam Darnold with as a speed demon vertical deep threat in order to completely take the top off a defense heading into our draft (and that he did). What's scary is that he's even faster then a blazing fast Robby Anderson and features Olympic type speed (this kid has wheels).

It's all about opportunities and once given an opportunity as a full time starter this kid throughout the last 5 games of 2019 (with a turnover prone and 30 INT machine in Winston) recorded...

Breshad Perriman: 5 games (3 starts) 25 receptions off 37 targets (67.5%), 506 receiving yards and 5 TD's including back to back to back (3 consecutive) games of 100+ receiving yards (during his only 3 starts).

Talk about making the most of your opportunities; talk about Breshad Perriman himself (and Joe Douglas obviously took note).

Biggs likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

my point was simple. draft position doesn't mean shit. your arguement was perriman is more talented becuase he was drafted in the 1st, it's a dumb argument because then hackenberg is more talented then brady. doesn't work like that. robby is more talented and more productive then perrimen. if you think robby is a decent 3, then you have to think perrimen is barely rosterable.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Based on what? I have no idea what Robbie's production would be on a team with good WR where he gets very limited touches.

19. GasedAndConfused

based on the fact perriman has done nothing in 5 seasons and has been on 3 teams already and benched several times

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Last year:
    Robbie catch percent 54.2 Perriman 52.2
    Yards per reception Robbie 15 Perriman 17.9
    TD's Robbie 5 Perriman 6
    Yards per game Robbie 48.7 Perriman 46.1

Perriman sucks but compared to Robbie he's pretty much just as productive.